Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benpaste

Benpaste's Mapping Contest (SUBMISSIONS OPEN)

Sounds like fun! For starters, I would suggest pointing people towards either Doom Builder X or Ultimate Doom Builder, for an editor. These are basically the latest and greatest, and stable level editors to date. It may also be worth noting Eureka for Mac users, although it has a fairly unconventional UI from what I understand.

I'm just curious why you're suggesting that, ideally, maps be made in Doom 2 format (which is essentially vanilla), when you're advocating for the use of the most advanced and feature-heavy source port on the market (gzdoom)? 

Either way, I wish you the best of luck with the contest. It'll be interesting to see what kind of submissions you get! 

I guess he was meaning: make a map for Doom 2, the port you use for it is irrelevant.

The important thing is saying if you make your map for another IWAD, for example Doom.

I get it right? And I think you have to make just one level, right? Or they could be multiple levels?

7 hours ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Sounds like fun! For starters, I would suggest pointing people towards either Doom Builder X or Ultimate Doom Builder, for an editor.

Sure thing, will do. Thanks!

58 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

I get it right? And I think you have to make just one level, right? Or they could be multiple levels? 

You can make as many as you'd like.

8 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

I guess he was meaning: make a map for Doom 2, the port you use for it is irrelevant.

The important thing is saying if you make your map for another IWAD, for example Doom.

That makes sense, when I think about it. Thanks!

14 hours ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

I'm just curious why you're suggesting that, ideally, maps be made in Doom 2 format (which is essentially vanilla), when you're advocating for the use of the most advanced and feature-heavy source port on the market (gzdoom)?

Sorry for the confusion. I've updated the site to say that they're ideally for the Doom 2 IWAD.

Just bumping this thread to add that I've started a little tutorial series for any complete newbies to mapping :) I tried to be as concise as possible.