Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Altazimuth

Eternity Engine 4.01.00 Tyrfing

Congrats on the new release - I was getting sick of using devbuilds.

Also nice to see @_sink's Colore being featured here! That mod is a great demonstration on EDF's new capabilities.

Solid release, congratulations! I'm having a blast playing Heretic in the new version, and its closer to vanilla than GZDoom.

9 hours ago, slayermbm said:

Solid release, congratulations! I'm having a blast playing Heretic in the new version, and its closer to vanilla than GZDoom.

Heretic is still under construction :) we still need to add morph ovum, super dragonclaw and super hellstaff. Also there's still some stuff to fix. 

EDF weapons are finally in? Sweet, time to start porting the OMGWPNS weapons to EE for V6 when I release it in 202X!

Good source ports but I had a few problems:

how can I turn off the mouse in the menu, turn on the level stats in the automap, turn on centered weapons while firing and there is a key  for restarting the level?

Also, while playing valiant, I found that in the map 9 at the start, when I shoot, all the arch-viles 

teleport almost instantly while in Prboom+ it takes them longer.

3 hours ago, thearcaalex said:

how can I turn off the mouse in the menu

Options -> Mouse/Gamepad -> Enable Mouse

turn on the level stats in the automap

Options -> Hud Settings -> Page 2 -> Automap options. You only have the option for coordinates and level time. The fullscreen hud can show level starts (press -/+).

turn on centered weapons while firing

This is a zdoomism and is not expected behaviour, as it actually affects the timing of weapon selection. This by extension would affect/desync demos and netgames if not fully integrated in every necessary way.

Also, while playing valiant, I found that in the map 9 at the start, when I shoot, all the arch-viles 

teleport almost instantly while in Prboom+ it takes them longer.

Enemy movement patterns are to some respects random and they will seemingly do different things run to run. Both in Eternity and PRBoom+.

Edited by Edward850

Hell yeah, new EE :)

I noticed that after installing that my (Mac) version now says version 4.1.0 rather than 4.01.00. I'm not sure if this actually even an issue admittedly?

1620824437_ScreenShot2020-10-20at9_14_12PM.png.7654171f6de61618ee03f9b25cd2ad3a.png

Are there any plans to implement something similar to -complevels within the menu? I know you can run the -vanilla parameter from command line, but last I played, it would reset to the menu flags after beating a map and pistol starting the next one. Also, it would be nice to have a setting which flips the flags to the closest Boom compatibility. It's small quirks like that which keep me from switching over from PRBoom+.

I'd like to request, if possible, a toggleable "Smart Totals" option a la PRBoom+. I ask for this because the total kill counter counts resurrected enemies as kills, so it's not easy to tell if you've actually 100%-ed a map or not.

I 100% second the two above. I was planning to make a standalone post about just those, actually. Basic zdoom-style preset compatibility flags as well as kill counts that take into account resurrected enemies and script spawns (I think? Cubic Worlds definitely had weird kill counts) would be awesome. I'd also like to throw any sort of secret notification onto the pile as well.

Edited by Spie812

2 hours ago, maxmanium said:

Also, being able to invert autorun with the shift key. Just found out it's not a thing in Eternity.

runiswalk is a cvar that has been in since 2009.

Update: It's now on by default for new cfgs.

Edited by Altazimuth

On 10/25/2020 at 2:34 AM, Spectre01 said:

Are there any plans to implement something similar to -complevels within the menu?

Yeah, but it's a good amount of work. It is planned though.

22 hours ago, maxmanium said:

Smart Totals

Also planned.

15 minutes ago, Fireseth said:

How am I supposed to update midiproc?

What you are asking and what you want are seemingly two different things. Midiproc is just an executable, updating it simply involves replacing the executable and the release builds already provide it in the archive. You don't generally need to manually update this, the latest release already provides it (though not the drdteam builds, no matter how many times we've brought this up with Blzut3).

hell yea, new eternity! my fav source port, even if i still have to do r_fov every single time i open it lol

I just get this issue when trying to launch: 

Spoiler

Eternity caused a Microsoft C++ Exception (0xe06d7363)

Error occurred at 1/9/2021 22:03:52.
F:\Doom Mods\Eternity\Eternity.exe, run by User.
Operating system: 6.2.9200
12 processors, type 8664.
53% memory in use.
16271 MB physical memory.
7637 MB physical memory free.
19599 MB page file.
5133 MB paging file free.
134217728 MB user address space.
134213489 MB user address space free.

===== [end of CRASHLOG.TXT] =====

No idea. The lack of any actual call stack is bizarre. Then again I don't recall ever testing on regular Windows 8, only 8.1. Try grabbing a devbuild from http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/eternity/ and see if that's any better. I gotta ask, why on earth are you on Windows 8 and not 8.1?

21 hours ago, Krull said:

Also, sprites taller than 256 pixels overlap themselves.

Yeah tall patch support for masked columns got added in November. You'll find it works in devbuilds. I dunno how it didn't happen sooner.

21 hours ago, Krull said:

The TURN codepointer in DeHackEd doesn't seem to work on this version (works fine in v4.00).

I probably fixed this. I dunno. Go see tomorrow's devbuild and if that fixes it.