Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

Best Chaingun?

Which game, console or PC, has the best chaingun in terms of fun, physics and realisim? I'd have to say my vote goes to the minigun from Turok 1 on N64.

Quake2 has the best chaingun ever. I love the way it spins up, and then it fires very very fast and turns almost any enemy in sight to mincemeat. :) The only thing about this, of course, is that ammo is eaten up in the blink of an eye. :|

Umm, yeah, Wolf3D without a doubt. I don't think I've dreamed about any weapon more than that one.

I love that heavy sound from the Chaingun in Doom, albeit unrealistic as far as I know. I can't really remember which chaingun from which game I liked best though.

I thought the chaingun sound in Doom was really light and poppy. And Wolf3D's was the opposite.

Quake 2 - you can actually splatter them as opposed to just kill them. And it's rather powerful.

edit: The minigun in RtCW is great as well. Splattering capabilities plus a 500 round capacity, (damn, I forgot about that one).

Back in the day before Quake and all that, it was Doom's by far.
The sound was nice, and the fact that you could see where the bullets hit the walls or the enemies really added to its feel.

Nowadays, my favorite is the Venom gun in RtCW followed closely by the Q2 chaingun.

Both weapons have a wicked rate of fire like a good game minigun should have. While the Q2 one has the highest rate of fire, the venom gun can be fired in bursts - at least to a certain degree which keeps me happy. Also, the Venom sounds cooler.

I'm looking forward to trying Doom 3's chaingun, although I'm a bit disappointed to hear that it works more like the Q2 chaingun than anything else, but at least it looks so fucking sweet from what I've seen of leaked footage - can't wait to see it ingame on my own computer! Hmm, maybe the claim that it works like the Q2 chainy is a bit exaggerated - you can't use it yourself in the Alpha afaik - only the chaingunner uses it on you, which paints a bleak picture of its functionality (at any rate, things might change in the final).

darknation said:

The one in Aliens vs Predator made me very happy.

I'll have to agree with you there.

Fredrik said:

The chaingun in Wolfenstein 3D of course.

I was gonna say that. It's loud and deadly as hell!

My personality disorder. \ [url=http://www.benatarfanclub.com/]It's a tuff life; gets ruff, huh?[url]
Nice sig Ravage :)

Wolf3d minigun:

beepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeep

Doom chaingun:

Popopopopopopopopopopopopopopopopop

Quake2 chaingun:

Wheeeeeeeebaddabaddabaddabaddabaddabaddawheeeeoooooow

ZarcyB said:

Wolf3d minigun:

beepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeep

You only had a PC speaker when you were a kid, huh?

DooMBoy said:

My personality disorder. \ [url=http://www.benatarfanclub.com/]It's a tuff life; gets ruff, huh?[url]
Nice sig Ravage :)

The problem with sarcasam is it's not easily hideable. :P
(And the left one is mine. not the right)