Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom Pictures Thread 2020

47 minutes ago, HitBoi64 said:

I'd say there are many Wads that use Blood textures/other assets. (Notably Wads that are egyptian themed, Halloween themed, etc.)

26 minutes ago, Yugiboy85 said:

I'm pretty sure one of the "city of the damned" uses primarily blood textures. There was also a whole mayhem centered around blood textures iirc

Yes, Tormentor's City of the Damned and its sequel, too.

For Egyptian-themed, it's rather Exhumed/Powerslave that's used.

39 minutes ago, HitBoi64 said:

I'd say there are many Wads that use Blood textures/other assets. (Notably Wads that are egyptian themed, Halloween themed, etc.)

Ah okay. Pretty new to the Doom WAD scene so I haven't seen them yet. I normally only play megaWads. 

8 hours ago, The_SloVinator said:

Found this at work. Had to take a photo. lol

This image screams Doom in two ways.

2020-04-01 16.52.30.jpg

the cyberdemon approves

11 hours ago, Gez said:

7fccZMzl.jpg

aaaaahhh  :D

someone send that to romero

14 minutes ago, danidf96 said:

What mod are you playing it with?

Maybe he's using a personal mod. I only have seen these weapon sprites in Mayhem 2018 (purple editon) mixed in a one place.

On 10/20/2020 at 8:23 PM, danidf96 said:

What mod are you playing it with?

HitBoi64 has the right idea. I stripped the weapons from a great wad called Violence years ago.

I'm by no means a great modder but the tweaked weapon set works fine with most wads I play.

I have uploaded it to my MEGA account in case anyone wants to try it. All credit goes to the original creator(s).

I also use a slightly altered version of the Random Deaths and Decorations mod. I use ZDoom for single player and Zandronum with software renderer for co-op games.

Edited by Slipgate Tourist

very early wip of a map I am doing for trickNtear, still working on the first building.. a gun shop

Screenshot-Doom-20201023-081245.png

1 hour ago, Oday said:

comments appreciated.

Dunno about BRNSMAL as a platform texture. The openings in that texture are too wide, it looks like your feet would fall through. How about this flat instead?

JOrMxW9.png

The platform also looks very paper-thin, I'd suggest adding a couple of lower "layers" to give it some apparent depths. Like a few girders made out of SUPPORT3 (but aligned horizontally) to give it some tangible support, and a layer of something like MIDSPACE just below the girders.

For the cliff face I'd suggest breaking the vertical flatness a bit to give it a more natural appearance. A few extra sectors that don't go all the way to the top (or the bottom), maybe some slopes. Some jutting rocks with a slightly different texture. Of course that's only really needed on the parts of the cavern that are illuminated enough to not disappear into total darkness.

Finally, the stairs look too massive to fit the scene. I'd suggest raising the lower side of the upper steps to avoid making them into solid pyramids. Maybe they could use sloped guardrails, too, though 3D floor slopes are a bit finicky to make in GZDB so I understand if you'd rather not bother.

Speaking of guardrails, I'm not sold on FLOOR4_6 as their material. Something that looks like yellow-painted metal would be better, maybe the OWRNGA texures from OTEX would do?