Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Oldschoolgeek32

How do I get stunning lighting effects for Doom maps?

Hi There! I was recently browsing a lot of Doom II Wad youtube videos and a bunch of Doomworld Pictures and I always see these stunning lighting effects like when the cacodemon spits out projectiles in a dark room, the projectiles light up red lighting until impact or when I see a lamp, it glows yellow. Is there any way I can get this lighting effects? Is it on a certain source port? 

Any Advice is accepted and always appreciated! :)

This in indeed linked to sourceport.  Here's how to turn it on in GZDoom, I guess it's the same for other ZDoom-derived ports. When you launch it (drag-and-drop or click or whatever you use to launch doesn't change anything) hold shift, and a window will pop up allowing you to choose the Iwad. In the bottom right corner you have 3 options, tick the "load lights.pk3" and "load brightmaps" ones. It should turn on the effects. You can also enable/disable the launch window in the option menu.

14 minutes ago, TheEvilGrin said:

This in indeed linked to sourceport.  Here's how to turn it on in GZDoom, I guess it's the same for other ZDoom-derived ports. When you launch it (drag-and-drop or click or whatever you use to launch doesn't change anything) hold shift, and a window will pop up allowing you to choose the Iwad. In the bottom right corner you have 3 options, tick the "load lights.pk3" and "load brightmaps" ones. It should turn on the effects. You can also enable/disable the launch window in the option menu.

Thanks! :D