Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Percy T

Is it possible to make a timer in the Script Engine?

I am currently making a fun little map for doom speedrunners to practice their skills. I was wondering if there was a way to put an on screen timer to start and stop on specific linedefs so you can see the time. I know how to put the text up, I'm just not smart enough to try and figure out a timer or something of the sort. I'm not a coding wizard, so I would appreciate the help. I am using ZDoom in UDMF Format.

@Percy T I am an apprentice of Speedrun, and the truth is that the idea you have seems quite great, besides that, taking advantage of this moment, I wanted to ask you the fact of how have you managed to pass the FireFight wad so fast, if it is really difficult to get your timestamp of 51 seconds?, the maximum I get to do is 56 seconds, and only once I managed to do 55 seconds, and that I was following your steps shown in the video... :-|

7 hours ago, ElPadrecitoCholo said:

@Percy T I am an apprentice of Speedrun, and the truth is that the idea you have seems quite great, besides that, taking advantage of this moment, I wanted to ask you the fact of how have you managed to pass the FireFight wad so fast, if it is really difficult to get your timestamp of 51 seconds?, the maximum I get to do is 56 seconds, and only once I managed to do 55 seconds, and that I was following your steps shown in the video... :-|

SR50 😉

Make a script, some loop within a script, then make integer, then https://zdoom.org/wiki/HudMessage, delay(1), increment integer, you will get displayed message every tic.

Tic is 1/35 of second. Afaik questions of this kind goes to editing questions forum.

13 minutes ago, 4MaTC said:

Make a script, some loop within a script, then make integer, then https://zdoom.org/wiki/HudMessage, delay(1), increment integer, you will get displayed message every tic.

Tic is 1/35 of second. Afaik questions of this kind goes to editing questions forum.

Yeah I realized I posted this in the wrong forum right after I posted it, but thank you! I'll try this out.