Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buckshot

The main menu now lists "multiplayer" with a modes section (No longer just Battle mode)

Just noticed the Main Menu has been updated with AG's update to reflect "Multiplayer" category instead of just Battlemode.

Of course, the modes listed under it are just Battlemode for now, but seems to imply more multiplay modes coming.

Just a observation 

2 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Doom. The birthplace of deathmatch. That is all.

I mean, even 2016 had deathmatch, even if it wasn't exactly classic, so how hard would it be to implement into the sequel of the game that birthed it?

Well it was confirmed on the Launch stream that they have Invasions and a Ranked Mode coming.  However Marty did also say there will be other modes but he isn't ready to talk about them.  So something new is coming some day...

As for deathmatch.  I doubt we will see it as much as we all would love it.  Best we can hope for is a refurbish of the 2016 maps with Doom Eternal weapons.  It would be pretty chaotic with meathook and frost grenade so a lot balancing would be required...

Personally I want to see a 4 player PvE mode with waves of demons, mini bosses and a final boss.

I kind of want a deathmatch with fodder demons as a third party in the fray, since they are necessary for ammo, armor and health. And plus, just adding some chaos. Basically,  a three way fight, which would be awesome. 

Horde mode would also be cool, or even short, contained co-op missions where you and a fire team go in and do a particular thing before heading for the portal. It's basically baby co-op, but still....

Of course, I'd like full on co-op above all else. 

I've noticed the tighter, more enclosed, cover-based and vertical/bouncy level design of the DLC maps this time and have suspicion that they could possibly have done this so they could double as future DM maps. Clearly more arena-like than the prior.

I'd be willing to wager on in.

Edited by Buckshot

8 hours ago, NoXion said:

How easy would deathmatch be to implement? Would the Battlemode maps be suitable?

It's big enough for four players. A bit cramped, but it could give an Anarchy Reigns sort of vibe, which can fit with nuDoom's blend of classic Doom and stylish action.

Please god add deathmatch. I haven't played Eternal in so long because only the Campaign kept me coming. Battlemode is cute but also lackluster imo.

In the Spicy Demons discord, Hugo talked briefly about a competitive battlemode.

The balance update post-latency improvements will take a few rounds to get rt

all in prep for COMPETITIVE mode

We would not drop a competitive experience on top of the latency issues we had. We had to get the perf better and thanks to the incredible effort by our awesome programmers - this mode is ready to get sweaty

I was just thinking about nuDoom multiplayer, and I've come to the conclusion that what I'd really like is a co-operative mode. Either some kind of campaign-style co-op or a horde mode would be good.

On 10/21/2020 at 8:57 PM, URROVA said:

Imagine doom eternal with battle royale xD

NO, PLEASE NO

It's called Ultra Nightmare 

Honestly I think Deathmatch with Doom Eternal's mechanics would simply not work without massive reworks. Most of the weapons would just be instant kills on enemy players, especially with quick-swapping.

In the end you'd probably end up with something like Doom 2016's multiplayer or Quake Champions, which people won't be satisfied with either.