Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cacodemon345

Devolver Digital acquires Croteam

I'm optimistic that this can be a bright future for both sides, even if not without its own challenges.

2020 sure is wild year.

devolver is one of the most obnoxious publishers in the industry only liked because of their le quirky behavior. prepare for them to do fuck all with croteam and continue to publish indie shovelware.

I hope this means good things coming up in the future, Devolver has been pretty useful to their partners.

7 hours ago, tgawt said:

devolver is one of the most obnoxious publishers in the industry only liked because of their le quirky behavior. prepare for them to do fuck all with croteam and continue to publish indie shovelware.

I wouldn't really say the new Shadow Warrior games are indie shovelware. Or Hotline Miami, or Enter the Gungeon. Mother Russia Bleeds was an enjoyable beat 'em up. I mean, I've never played Fall Guys, but apparently that's a pretty popular thing right now as well.

I've always had a positive attitude towards them; even if there are quite a few indie games they've published that don't interest me, it's a good thing they're out there so indie studios can get their games published at all. I think more games from smaller developers is good for gamers in general, as long as there's some kind of quality control.

I would kind of put them in the same boat as New Blood, they're passionate about products that probably would never see the light of day if the developer had tried going to a major publisher, and that's good. And there's Night Dive, I have amazing respect for them trying to update and preserve gaming history by getting it playable on current hardware, and providing some modern creature comforts that may make people shy away from older games.

If you want to talk about obnoxious support for indie shovelware, I would start with Steam. There is so much crap on Steam that should never have seen the light of day, and it's obvious asset flips and cash-grabs. At least it seems like Devolver Digital actually looks at the games it's publishing. And yes, Steam/Valve aren't the actual publishers, they're just the ones that facilitate distribution of the massive piles of shit that keep getting put on Steam constantly and don't do jack about it.

59 minutes ago, Jello said:

If you want to talk about obnoxious support for indie shovelware, I would start with Steam. There is so much crap on Steam that should never have seen the light of day, and it's obvious asset flips and cash-grabs. At least it seems like Devolver Digital actually looks at the games it's publishing. And yes, Steam/Valve aren't the actual publishers, they're just the ones that facilitate distribution of the massive piles of shit that keep getting put on Steam constantly and don't do jack about it.

Unless you have anime tiddies, then STOP THE PRESSES RIGHT DAMN NOW!!!

7 hours ago, Dark Pulse said:

Unless you have anime tiddies, then STOP THE PRESSES RIGHT DAMN NOW!!!

Looks down. Looks back up. Pushes the "STOP THE PRESSES RIGHT DAMN NOW!!!" button.

I'm still confused why we labeled the button that. Could've just been STOP.