Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Percy T

Tell Me Something About Yourself!

I spend a lot of time surfing the "Everything Else" page. There is definitely some cool and fun topics, but I feel like there isn't enough threads where we get to share things about ourselves and get personal. So, tell me something about yourself! Whether it's a recent trip or vacation, an embarrassing or cringe moment you witnessed, a near-death experience, or just a wholesome story, anything you want. I would love to know you all better, because there sure is a lot of variety amongst this community and everyday I spend on Doomworld is an interesting experience.  

I don't even post much in doomworld. All I do is lurk and observe like some fucking degenerate that I am.

I'm in charge of 4 cats.

Also really like to just sit down in my garage and bath in the sun

6 hours ago, Eric Claus said:

I think my workplace might be haunted...not sure how I am on the whole ghost thing though.

Ghost scare the living piss outta me!

Don’t know if they’re real, don’t want to know if they are real! Generally I am a man of science and always want to find out how things work / test things but I am happy to live in blissful ignorance on that subject :-P

Anyways, apart from being shit scared of ghosts, I am 6’2” tall :-P

Might as well just leave this here.

I'm a 27 year old idiot who is too scared to leave his comfort zone to become better at something in life, has emotional issues sometimes irl & I feel like I've failed on most things that others have achieved.

I have no girlfriend & never dated, was too scared to be called a creep & too scared to be punched by a boyfriend who I had no idea that random girlfriend had.

Constantly insecure, worried about dumb things, tries to be productive but ends up being lazy & doing nothing. Every. Single. Day

The only thing I end up doing is watching streamers & listening to vg music at home. I barely game or map for some odd reason.

Feels like I have to force myself to do those things. My interests in things quickly change, sometimes they just plummet.

Awful life i have but hey, if that's me, that's me.

"I like big bikes and I cannot lie..."

When I was younger, I got one of these:

This bike was killed after some fucker did something stupid on the road that left me in a coma for 7 months.

I then got one of these:

Actually, I had two... Rode one so much it fell apart (78k miles!!), the other stayed in the family.

Then I got one of these, just as my first child was born. This one is still going strong:

I also needed a "small commuter bike", so I got one of these as well:

This has a detuned R1 engine...

Edited by smeghammer

I like beef gravy on toast.

I don't like lobster or chocolate.

I don't believe in ghosts.

I listen to all genres of music, especially the metal and the hard rocks.

I like the bagpipes. Crank the pipes I say.

I want to get back into oil / acrylic painting after not touching that stuff in years. I've not figured out water colors yet despite having tried.

I like to make pizza and bread and cooking in general is fun.

I think it would be cool to design and build a rat rod.

When I was a kid / teen I would scratch build or fix bicycles. I haven't owned a bike in years. I used to get parts from my dad's collection in a shed he had and from friends and also an illegal garbage dump as people would throw away bike parts and frames n stuff. Many years ago The dump got cleaned up and turned into a cemetery (I always try to put an 'a' in cemetery) and I'm not seeing the improvement. hah!

I like the brown, grimy, castles and bases in Quake.

I used to mod for Half-Life but I never finished anything on there.

I find astronomy and archeology interesting.

I like mythology, especially Greek Mythology.

The only country I've visited outside of Canada is the United States.

Life is too short.

11 minutes ago, kalaeth said:

I'm currently half-hungover. As is usual on a Saturday morning.

Those days are long gone unfortunately:-( 

Half-term with a 5 and 9 yo. Endless Minecraft YT vids and standing on Lego with bare feet. It's pissing down, so can't even go for a blast on my bike.

I enjoy lots of metal and other genres, grim weather, playtesting, streaming, cracking wise, trying to be to be productive but I spend more time procrastinating, comics, mythology, overthinking and worrying too much to the point of becoming paranoid, sometimes obsessively, & much more.

I loved Tenchu and Tenchu2 so much that in 2002 i ended up making around 75 custom missions. It was fun to make them and share them, and also to play other's missions. 

I have an 11 year old orange tabby cat and a 3 year old grey tabby cat... they love helping out with "that IT stuff"

I'm 16 years old and 90% of the time I love listening to Heavy metal, grunge, hard rock and black but not too often.

I also love 90's fps.

Edited by DevilMyEyes

In the mid-2000s I was so skilled at Counterstrike 1.6 that I was considered for the Cyberathlete Amateur League. 

I'm a yellow-eyed Mongol clan chieftain who herds goats for a living, and does DooM-related stuff in my free time. Oh, and my ambition is to graduate from herding goats to herding yaks. And if I get really rich, I'll be herding camels and making big bucks selling cheese to the snooty crowd that has too much money and too little taste.

My favourite elements are xenon (because it forms a surprising range of compounds) and boron (since it forms electron-deficient compounds, and just conceivably, might be the basis of an alternate chemistry of life). My favourite mathematical function is x^x. My favourite German/Indian fusion dish is Shahi Paneer Spätzle. My favourite ski run is Corkscrew Gully. Or at least it used to be. My favourite small town is Uummannaq. My favourite gravitational-wave observatory is LIGO.