Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZeroTheEro

New(?) Easter Egg for Doom Eternal

20201021131841_1.jpg.e948c2d3382e48df5f6ff8c6691dca11.jpg

So there's a new easter egg that's recently discovered on reddit and twitter, where you go to the rune screen and press the chainsaw button (C for PC, not sure the console's button for them are) four times, you hear a chainsaw rev and this will pop out. I can confirm this after taking a screenshot myself check out my new graphics card yo

So what's this referring to? Or rather, who?
image.png.ed03ddacadf5ca5d6c88faa7d98317ac.png

That's right. Click on her image to go to her channel.

How the thing is activated, now in video form.

Edited by ZeroTheEro

25 minutes ago, The Strife Commando said:

Why was it put in?

Wholesome streamer that's make fun jokes playing doom with fans

…and it straight-up got removed in a new update.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if it was because people actually complained about their “SOOPER SIRIUS DEUM GAEM” having any kind of visible “weeb trash” references.

I honestly remember at one point a few years ago where I suggested the idea of a Doom anime in a Doom Facebook group and half of the replies were jeering at me because… they didn’t want their manly man game to be “tainted by moeshit and pretty boys”.

1 hour ago, Man of Doom said:

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if it was because people actually complained about their “SOOPER SIRIUS DEUM GAEM” having any kind of visible “weeb trash” references.

I don't think that's it. There was very little hostility towards this reference when it was found. I rather looks like that some higher up at id doesn't like anime and ordered for it to be removed. Whatever it is, it's a rather whack move to remove it so quickly. 

I heard it may have been because of copyright or something?

But i don't think Doog is really owned, it's just a meme that could be applied to something else outside of the context.

I still wonder if Korone would at some point dip more into Doom and even get into wads, so she could even play Japanese Community Project of all things.

I hope she got to see it before they pulled it. In this clip she expresses skepticism about it being real and was looking forward to trying it herself. Major bummer if they pulled it before Karone got to experience it!

57 minutes ago, whatup876 said:

But i don't think Doog is really owned, it's just a meme that could be applied to something else outside of the context.

Probably something to do with Zenimax Microsoft not wanting to get in trouble with China because of Hololive.

I have no problem with anime references in Doom. What surprised me was that user being the one to get referenced.

45 minutes ago, The Strife Commando said:

I have no problem with anime references in Doom. What surprised me was that user being the one to get referenced.

Well, Guts from Berserk got referenced somewhere with a Picture of a missing dog, only related because fans tend to reference as equals with DoomGuy.
And Korone for being somewhat recognized among Doomers.

36 minutes ago, BerserkerNoir said:

Well, Guts from Berserk got referenced somewhere with a Picture of a missing dog, only related because fans tend to reference as equals with DoomGuy.
And Korone for being somewhat recognized among Doomers.

Aah, I see.

44 minutes ago, BerserkerNoir said:

Guts from Berserk got referenced somewhere with a Picture of a missing dog

Wow, that's cool. Here's an image for the curious.

ts3bb216hrn41.jpg

6 hours ago, hfc2x said:

Probably something to do with Zenimax Microsoft not wanting to get in trouble with China because of Hololive.

Considering Hololive is ready to cut loose from their CN branch I think this is not the case.

6 hours ago, whatup876 said:

DOOG wasn't really a copyrighted thing in the first place, so this removal kinda strikes me odd.