Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cipherz Gaming YT

Ultimate Doom Builder Project

Hello everyone! I've been making some Doom maps, and I want the world to see them! It's still a WIP, but you can find more stuff about it here: https://sites.google.com/d/1dJXmRXiRYi1JkLsoKQoKWQpXtR4UBxZD/p/1rSB7_MbHX1MEQJ0L448sAoKI1prt9tOz/edit
It's called testmapname.wad, because it's my first ever megawad for Doom II, and by the way, use Realm667's Doom 1 textures for Doom II pack please!

Here are some screenshots: 

Next Stop, Pennsylvania - DOOM 2_ Hell on Earth 10_15_2020 7_23_04 PM (2).png

Tech Simple - DOOM 2_ Hell on Earth 10_14_2020 12_56_10 PM (2).png

Computer Relay - DOOM 2_ Hell on Earth 10_14_2020 11_39_29 AM (2).png

12 hours ago, Cipherz Gaming YT said:

my first ever megawad

*sigh*

What is it with beginners and overambitious first projects?

So after hijacking someone else's thread with your wad, you post it in Doom General?

And you also didn't post required info, like source port compatability, jumping, crouching, etc. or even how many maps are in the wad. If you want people to play your maps, reading the rules would be a good place to start.

And if I'm supposed to use some special texture pack, how about including it with your wad instead of making me find it and download it myself? And why is it called "Ultimate Doom Builder Project"? Aren't 95% of modern Doom maps Ultimate Doom Builder projects?

Edited by TheMagicMushroomMan

Topic: Ultimate Doom Builder Project

My assumption: This was a thread about expanding/modifying the map editor named "Ultimate Doom Builder"

My reality: (i) A melee enemy (demon) behind bars, where it is virtually a sitting duck, (ii) a BFG & megasphere in an area with the lower-tier enemies (although, to be fair, there could be a horde of archviles waiting just around the corner), and (iii) 3 zombies who appear intent on dropping their UAC-issued trousers and getting overly friendly with the player.

My closing comment: I want my money back!

But staying on topic: @Cipherz Gaming YT I would say the majority of mappers started off simple, so don't be discouraged if you get comments on the plainness of your maps. Study what others have done, then apply your imagination to realize your vision. Although, I would have to agree with @MFG38 about being too ambitious. It's challenging enough making a handful of maps; going for a megawad is something a mapper ought to do after gaining a bit of experience.

On 10/23/2020 at 8:45 PM, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

So after hijacking someone else's thread with your wad, you post it in Doom General?

And you also didn't post required info, like source port compatibility, jumping, crouching, etc. or even how many maps are in the wad. If you want people to play your maps, reading the rules would be a good place to start.

And if I'm supposed to use some special texture pack, how about including it with your wad instead of making me find it and download it myself? And why is it called "Ultimate Doom Builder Project"? Aren't 95% of modern Doom maps Ultimate Doom Builder projects?

Yikes. That is one long message. I'll start including the texture pack to go along with it, I didn't remember to do that! Also, next time when I update it, I'll include the basic info you'll need to know! Thank you for letting me know about it, and I apologize in advance. Thank you, and have a good day!