Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

Trick and Tear - October Speedmapping (WAD OUT NOW)

Pretty cool map @Pierrot, wavy map (satisfying to clean hordes of those zombies). The place itself reminded me to certain "Blood" maps, but maybe thats because of the texture usage, even the "Blood" key texures were used, and for a moment I thought I had to look for a spider/eye/dagger key etc

I got lost for a second looking for the red key, which I previously had seen, but fighting the waves got me disoriented in this kinda symmetric enviroment.

Overall enjoyable map!

Edited by Soulless

Thanks @Soulless, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I should have put a clue that the second switch gives access to the red key, I will think about it for the final release.

You're an absolute bastard @Austinado and I adore you. As predicted from when I watched your streams making this monster, I knew it was going to kick my arse, though strangely not in the places I was expecting as much. You did a phenomenal job here, man. Proud of you. I hope you enjoy listening to me writhe in agony!

53 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

You're an absolute bastard @Austinado and I adore you. As predicted from when I watched your streams making this monster, I knew it was going to kick my arse, though strangely not in the places I was expecting as much. You did a phenomenal job here, man. Proud of you. I hope you enjoy listening to me writhe in agony!

Thanks alot m8, pretty much  enjoyed watching you playing it. If i had more time..i would had make that final area harder..but i think it works..ups and downs. I took off the pain elemental from the red skull key area yes, because i think it would be too much. One thing for sure...you hate revenants! 😂👌

2 DAYS LEFT FOR SUBMISSIONS:

If you wish to get a map into the final WAD (releasing on Halloween), fret not for there is still time left!

As for everyone who has submitted, you have until Saturday to give me any bug fixes you have for your submissions.

November's event Boss Rush will begin on Sunday, so keep an eye out for that.

Great maps everyone. Here is my go at Sanatorium it was fun and spooky. Nice spooky events like lights going out, doors to cells suddenly open, and the classic Silent Hill trick of sending you to the alternate hell version of the map. Very nice.

THIS IS THE 24 HOUR WARNING - YOU WILL HAVE UNTIL 11:59 PM TOMORROW TO SUBMIT YOUR MAP

(11:59 so that I can hopefully fit my submission in lolololol)

Guys I stumbled upon this interesting video by another YouTuber that you might be interested in

12 HOURS UNTIL CLOSING

I haven't been able to record as much as I would have liked, but from the quick playtests I have done I just want to say that everyone here has done a marvelous job. You should all be very proud of yourselves. Saturday is going to be a big day.

Map Name: No Thuns (No Guns)
Author: Fveitsi
Music: Beat by BiittiReino (friend)
Sky: [ X ]
Format: Boom
Difficulty Settings: No
Comments: Tyson map

Screenshots: 

Spoiler

m1FOHNP.png

GkRPmVG.png

CglbiBc.png

5u5aNEX.png

oiNgm4h.png

4wYPLxy.png

nothuns.rar

And that’s all she wrote! Submissions are CLOSED!

I’d like to personally thank And congratulate everyone who participated in this event. You have all done extraordinary jobs and have made this pineapple very proud.

Maps are ordered in chronology of submission.

@RonnieJamesDiner - The House
@Lorenz0 - Attrocities in the Dust
@Austinado - Rigor
@Weird Sandwich - Sanatorium
@Pierrot - Undead Reception
@LateNightPerson - A Suffering Mind
@Blue_Juice_ - Sinkhole
@BluePineapple72 - Manor of the Duplicitous Demiurge
@fveitsi_ - No Thuns

I’m going to go through and do a final testing phase. Updates are due to me 12:00 PM EST the 30th. 

Stay tuned! The full release will release the second it is October 31st!

Edited by BluePineapple72

Damn, I was too slow LOL... But ok, I do have many other things going on anyway :)

Maybe next time :D

@BluePineapple72 Nice job with your map buddy, Loved the house looking at the start, straight outta 80s horror flick.

Just a thingy, when those ghost revenant hit you, im having like a yellow screen filter, not sure if that how it works, kinds annoying.

Other than that, I enjoyed it.

@fveitsi Nice little map, tyson style all the way through with a little infight. It has some misalignements here and there but yeah, speedmapping right?

The secret was a cool maneuver.

7 hours ago, CBM said:

Damn, I was too slow LOL... But ok, I do have many other things going on anyway :)

Maybe next time :D

Of course! The plan is to do something like this every month but with a different theme and a new set of rules. Sunday will introduce a boss battle themed contest. More info on that soon. 

@Soulless Thank you for the review! That is how the ghost behaves. It’s a tad unfortunate, but I can’t think of another enemy that would work in that scenario. How’d you feel about the ending?

1 minute ago, BluePineapple72 said:

Of course! The plan is to do something like this every month but with a different theme and a new set of rules. Sunday will introduce a boss battle themed contest. More info on that soon. 

what about the resource wad, will it be used again?

Just now, CBM said:

what about the resource wad, will it be used again?

No. We’ll use a different resource each month. Next month we’ll just be using Greenwar 2, so no custom monsters that time. You are free to use the T&T resource however you please though, as long as you give credit to the respective authors of all the stuff in it (the final release of T&T will have a proper credits file. All of the credits are currently scattered about in the file)

47 minutes ago, BluePineapple72 said:

@Soulless Thank you for the review! That is how the ghost behaves. It’s a tad unfortunate, but I can’t think of another enemy that would work in that scenario. How’d you feel about the ending? 

You mean the lost soul abyss? looks cool, ammo is tight but well balanced, I had the bullets for it, but I went chainsaw on them thanks to the secret.

HALLOWEEN IS HERE!!! 

Corpses shift and groan, pumpkins begin to glow,

and the witch, abominable, insipid is brewing a cauldron of the most vile liquid;

all in preparation for the witching hour.

These ghouls and ghosts all have one sinister plan: play Doom WADs tonight. Within the machinations of their frightening arsenal, they have conjured up Trick & Tear, a 9 map speedmapping project containing the terrifying works of nine mappers destined to frighten even your bones!

WAD File: Trick & Tear
Port: GZDoom

- Jumping/Crouching Disabled

- Freelook Optional

- Dynamic Lights recommended

IWAD: DOOM2 - Map01-09

Resources: Compiled in wad file. Credits in README file.
Comments: Mapset created as part of a monthly speedmapping series. Rules/gimmicks mappers followed are in the original post (SEE BELOW)

MAPLIST:

Map01: “The House”@RonnieJamesDiner

The pattering of rain echoes above. There is something sinister hidden within the dusty halls of this old mansion; you’re the unlucky soul doomed to find it.

Spoiler

fjbZXZe.png

Map02: “Atrocities in the Dust” - @Lorenz0
Within a deep fog, there lies an abandoned building. Nothing good awaits you inside. Only dust and death.

Spoiler

TGjlfOd.png

Map03: “Rigor” - @Austinado
You enter a castle look-alike, and what is this? Petrified revenants? What are these screaming awful lost souls? Spiders with bloodthirst? Is time to get out of this place...and you have to do it...with Rigor.

Spoiler

yklIDc0.png

Map04: “Sanatorium” - @Weird Sandwich

The old abandoned sanatorium lingers as a spectre of a vile past.... and now you've been brought here by forces unknown.

Spoiler

mSSV4nx.png

Map05: “Undead Reception” - @Pierrot

"You've been invited to a Halloween party at a sumptuous mansion, but it turns out your hosts are the Undeads and you are their meat!"

Spoiler

5tGyd1o.png

Map06: “A Suffering Mind” - @LateNightPerson

You awaken in a hospital, head aching from your troubled mind. The walls shift and change as your synapses rot. The illogical meets the mysterious as your mind breaks down...

Spoiler

o2HZLmt.png

Map07: “Sinkhole” - @Blue_Juice_

There is something under the forest. Evil once again finds itself in the UAC’s beakers and test tubes. The corpses will not rest. Plunge deep into the earth as you unravel the mystery of the sinkhole.

Spoiler

2WboR7M.png

Map08: “The Manor of the Duplicitous Demiurge” - @BluePineapple72

People used to live here. Grand feasts were held in the great dining hall. Large parties danced within the foyer. No longer. This house is only home to memories, ghosts… and worse. 

Spoiler

d42eM4x.png

Map09: “No Thuns” - @fveitsi_

Real men use fists not thuns

Spoiler

Rp0tBeW.png

This event was a blast to put together. I'd like to give the biggest of thanks to all of the wonderful mappers for contributing to this project and the moderators of my discord for helping guide this event and those to come.

Tune in Sunday to face November's Speedmapping event: BOSS BATTLE BONANZA!!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!

Edited by BluePineapple72

I just completed it and it is my favorite halloween map pack so far. But the first map was my favorite of all the maps.

Some of the other maps had interesting stuff going on also though.

I was kind of hoping others would have made a spooky village also, given the textures.

4 hours ago, CBM said:

I was kind of hoping others would have made a spooky village also, given the textures.

I think those Blood textures would be fantastic for a spooky village map. It might be nice to tackle something like that a bit more methodically though, rather than trying to cram it into an 8-hour speed session. There's a ton of potential there!  

2 hours ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

I think those Blood textures would be fantastic for a spooky village map. It might be nice to tackle something like that a bit more methodically though, rather than trying to cram it into an 8-hour speed session. There's a ton of potential there!  

True

Well Im sure the blood textures Will be used for other halloween projects

:-)