Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pseudonaut

Three Is A Crowd demos [-complevel 2]

Heh, so I realized that there is a newer version (1.2) which is NOT at /idgames or DSDA. MAP04 and MAP27 seem not to be affected (no changes). I have no idea, what are we supposed to do now? @Scypek2 thanks for the WAD, now is 1.2 going to be final and uploaded to idgames?

I might still make a few changes to 1.2. I should upload it to idgames soon enough, you can feel free to make demos for it once I do!

This is great news indeed. Once it is announced, I will wait a certain grace period of 2/3 weeks, as WADs just happen to have some "this time very final indeed" modifications and then record something, and comment on the maps in my text files, I found this WAD very fun and intriguing at the same time, something I would be proud of pulling off myself.

The new MAP31 is now being playtested - once that's done, I believe the new version is good to go. The reworked version is gonna be the most nonlinear map of 3IAC, I'd love to see someone find the most efficient way to route it! The only problem is, it might need a whole new category... since one of the exits is available almost immediately.

Here it is, the new 3IAC! With potentially more speedrunner-friendly MAP01 and MAP02, less boring MAP07, more eventful MAP22, giant nonlinear MAP31 and more.

Edit: well, fuck me. I found a thing. I wouldn't bother fixing it, but since it's a softlock and it's not crazy hard to trigger, I guess I will. A few more days before the final final version's up, then... though flipping that singular linedef probably wouldn't even desync any demos anyway.

Edited by Scypek2

Sure is! It was rough, but I squashed every bug that needed to be squashed. I went over everything and it's been a bit over two weeks since the super mega final upload, so I'm confident it's done. If any bugs arise now, so be it, I'm not gonna fix them. The most recent version is now called 1.2.2 cause I found more stuff to fix, but the above mentioned maps were not involved.

Thanks (I am not sure where do I get this 1.2.2 version from, though?)

Idgames:

hm.png

Well. One thing's for sure. There's SOME kind of version currently on idgames.

I'll try uploading the correct one again, and if it has 1.2.2 on the title screen, it's the 1.2.2 version. I just triple-checked the zip file and sent it, here's to hoping no pixies or goblins intercept it along the way and replace it with a version with every texture upside down.

Thanks for noticing.

I've been checking once in a while, and now I see version 1.2.2 successfully made it to idgames at last!