Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hurricane hoatzine

Doom eternal on switch

I don’t think it’s coming at all. Not until a Switch Pro comes out.

This game is way too intensive, and I’m sure it is even at 30 FPS. What they’ve got it doing on my base PS4 is amazing, but there are still slow downs, more so than any game I’ve seen on it, and the PS4 sounds like a vacuum cleaner without any attachments.

I just realized something. Someone could use a modded Switch that runs Android and play Doom Eternal on Xbox Gamepass. I know its not the same as actually getting the game on Switch, but its something I just remembered you could do.

They're definitely going to put it on the Switch Pro. I however cannot imagine this game will be very pleasant in handheld mode what with how fast it is.

10 hours ago, Lila Feuer said:

They're definitely going to put it on the Switch Pro. I however cannot imagine this game will be very pleasant in handheld mode what with how fast it is.

broken sticks ahoy.

On 10/21/2020 at 7:33 PM, hurricane hoatzine said:

I do not think doom eternal on switch not coming sooner then we think

Its likely a late 2020/early 2021 port. But given Panic Button's reputation, i am convinced they can pull it off.

On 10/21/2020 at 9:53 PM, Mattatsu said:

I don’t think it’s coming at all. Not until a Switch Pro comes out.

This game is way too intensive, and I’m sure it is even at 30 FPS. What they’ve got it doing on my base PS4 is amazing, but there are still slow downs, more so than any game I’ve seen on it, and the PS4 sounds like a vacuum cleaner without any attachments.

The same was said of Doom 2016 and Wolfenstein II. It was impossible to have that running on Switch.

The Switch ended up having serviceable ports where the majority of the visual make up was preserved (Unlike, say, PS360/PS4XBO cross-gen titles) at half the framerate, with the predominant minus point that the game is really, really blurry. This is less prominent when playing on handheld, but these ports look really soft instead of sharp.

I imagine Doom Eternal will share a similar fate. Which is still a perfectly serviceable port, especially when ran in portable mode.

On 10/23/2020 at 5:39 AM, XxcglezxX said:

I just realized something. Someone could use a modded Switch that runs Android and play Doom Eternal on Xbox Gamepass. I know its not the same as actually getting the game on Switch, but its something I just remembered you could do.

That would require an Xbox account/subscription, aswell.

Looks like Panic Button have been as liberal as ever with the Vaseline, but I'm stoked all the same. I've always been a fan of impossible ports to underpowered systems.

Weird thing is though, the game is digital-only, yet Amazon still haven't cancelled my preorder from March.

EDIT: Also lol @ Nintendo's marketing restrictions. Not a single drop of blood is spilt in that entire trailer XD

Edited by scalliano