Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Not Jabba

Cacowards 2020 Mentionation Thread

+Refracted Reality. Just stunning. I'm a sucker for color-themed maps so this is my jam.

+Akeldama. One of the best classic-style megawads I've played in years.

+Shrine II. Very ambitious and I love the sprites!

+Mutabor. Great, intricate map with cool visuals.

+Serpent's Wake. Great use of difficulty options and Heretic needs more love.

+Quest for the Crystal Skulls. More Heretic love.

Also, the new maps for the Nightdive release of Doom 64 deserve a mention as well.

Would it be possible for MM8BDM to get a Mordeth Award, even if it already got a Multiplayer Award? It has been in development for 10 years now.

No, it's been released already, it's just getting updates. Kind of like Sonic Robo Blast 2, which is also a standalone fangame based on a console franchise and built using an advanced port of the Doom Engine.

4 minutes ago, Gez said:

No, it's been released already, it's just getting updates. Kind of like Sonic Robo Blast 2, which is also a standalone fangame based on a console franchise and built using an advanced port of the Doom Engine.

but srb2 got a mordeth award

On 12/13/2019 at 5:45 PM, OniriA said:

I feel out of time and place and  just wish to wither away.. my soul released from an insence tray, endlessly hovering above a vast ocean, while catching the Suns rays as my heavenly embrace. I do not wish to be any part of this, nor do I want to leave any trace. All this to just feel the warmth ,beauty and joy of 1998. 

Ok but more and better wads in 2020 though

+ Three Is A Crowd - Such a unique and interesting megawad, wildy unconventional but highly competent. Probably the most original megawad I've ever played.

+ Akeldama - Feels like the closest thing to a true successor to Alien Vendetta we're ever going to get. A great variety of levels, with many unique and interesting ideas.

I have a bunch here, it's all that I played this year and liked it:

Archangelorum
Bastion
DBP26 The City of Damned Children
Doom Raider (2020)
Mutabor
Skinship
Technicolor Antichrist Box
The City of the Damned Remaster
Grime
Mercury Rain
The Devils Wrath
Unsure

9 hours ago, Turin Turambar said:

I have a bunch here, it's all that I played this year and liked it:

Archangelorum
Bastion
DBP26 The City of Damned Children
Doom Raider (2020)
Mutabor
Skinship
Technicolor Antichrist Box
The City of the Damned Remaster
Grime
Mercury Rain
The Devils Wrath
Unsure

Found all of these except Grime:  The only Grime wad I could find was Death-Destiny's 2009 release.  If this is not the one you're referring to, could you provide a link?

I don't see Faithless Trilogy mentioned on this page, so here's a mention.

Sorry. I meant, of course, "I don't see Faithless Trilogy mentionated on this page, so here's a mentionation."

Welp, the Cacowards are pretty much around the corner, so it's time I give some of my mentionations that I think truly deserve some nice recognition:

+ + + Bastion of Chaos

+ + + Mapwich 2

+ + + Abysm 2: Infernal Contract

+ + + DBP26: The City of the Damned Children

+ + + MAYhem 2020

+ + + 1k Lines Community Project 2

@Big Ol Billy and/or @Bridgeburner56. I pretty much have these two guys on a pedestal and pray to them every night.

And reminder:

+++ @kmxexii For a Espi Award. <3

+++Faithless Trilogy

The original Faithless.wad was, in my opinion, the biggest snub of last year. This year, with the release of the next 2 episodes, I think this wad is once again a solid contender for the cacoward.

11 hours ago, DrR0Ck said:

Found all of these except Grime:  The only Grime wad I could find was Death-Destiny's 2009 release.  If this is not the one you're referring to, could you provide a link?

It's this one https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/g-i/grime

Which... I see it was published in 2009 so I guess it doesn't really apply to these nominations, lol

I've scrolled through the whole thread to check, and we're approaching that nebulous cut-off point for the year, so I thought I'd highlight DBP19: A Doomer Boards Christmas Carol as a big one from near the end of last year. I appreciate I was heavily involved in it, and might not even be eligible to mentionate it as a result, but apparently @Big Ol Billy is on the cusp of finalising the release in time for this coming Christmas, and even without that /idgames upload, it is the best (and perhaps most comprehensive?) Christmas project to date, in my estimation. Look out in the DWMC thread for me voting for this for next month, too :P

Mapwich 2 and Akaldama for wads. Had alot of fun with these two.

Shrine 2 as a total conversion. Such a neat little game.

Faithless which just came out. Awesome Heretic/Hexen map pack.

On 11/6/2020 at 6:46 AM, Phobus said:

I've scrolled through the whole thread to check, and we're approaching that nebulous cut-off point for the year, so I thought I'd highlight DBP19: A Doomer Boards Christmas Carol as a big one from near the end of last year. I appreciate I was heavily involved in it, and might not even be eligible to mentionate it as a result, but apparently @Big Ol Billy is on the cusp of finalising the release in time for this coming Christmas, and even without that /idgames upload, it is the best (and perhaps most comprehensive?) Christmas project to date, in my estimation. Look out in the DWMC thread for me voting for this for next month, too :P

Personally I'm still rooting for Umbral Platinum! Why yes I was the benevolent dictator of DBP18 and I think it's great :)

EDIT: I would like to mentionate Doom Zero if that's eligible!

Edited by SuperCupcakeTactics