Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dr. Toboggan

What are your favorite 3 runes to use?

What are your favorite runes to use?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favorite runes to use?

• Faster glory kills
    • Glory kill from further away
    • Speed boost after glory kill
    • Better movement control while mid-air
    • Increase enemy stagger state time
    • Survive death blow and slow down time
    • Slow down time while mid-air
    • Enemies killed by equipment recharges equipment faster
    • Blood punch drops health

If I remember correctly, there was already a thread for this.

But in any case: Fast glory kill - Glory kill from further away - Speed boost after glory kill.

Yeah, I enjoy doing glory kills.

Mid-air control, faster equipment recharge, and blood punch drops extra health.

To be honest, I don't know why they still haven't made the added mid-air control default.

1 hour ago, chemo said:

To be honest, I don't know why they still haven't made the added mid-air control default.

Agree

When playing UV - better air control, second chance, matrix mode (slow down time mid air).

On lower difficulties I might switch one or both of the latter out for increased stagger and /or glory kill from further away.

*Haven't played Ancient Gods yet*

Blood Punch drops health, and enemies decrease equipment recharge time have always been two I've used.

I've only played the game two times in its entirety, on Ultra-Violence and Nightmare. On UV, I used Dazed and Confused for the third rune, but for my first (AND ONLY) Nightmare run I had to have Saving Throw on...

I've always been a little skeptical about the further glory kill distance and other stuff like that, when there's other movement tools available. I enjoy doing glory kills, but don't really vouch for the faster stuff. I don't speedrun, either. 

Mid-air control in the only game I've played with such a thing? Ughh...it's very disorienting to me, and might take a lot of time getting used to should I actually try. I tried it once and never really found its purpose myself.

Funny enough, I was overwhelmed with the amount of stuff you're given when first playing Doom Eternal (I'm sure we all have), and slowly adopted to only certain weapons, certain mods, certain equipment, and certain strategies...for most of the fights. I should get around to toying with different weapon mods or strategies rather than just going auto-pilot for the fights.

My top 3 is air control, glory kill from further away and blood punch drops health.

I didnt understand purpose of fast glory kill rune both in 16 and Eternal. Because to me - glory kill gives you time to think about your next action (besides health drop).

So can someone explain why people using this rune?

14 minutes ago, Frank Harper said:

My top 3 is air control, glory kill from further away and blood punch drops health.

I didnt understand purpose of fast glory kill rune both in 16 and Eternal. Because to me - glory kill gives you time to think about your next action (besides health drop).

So can someone explain why people using this rune?

I use it so demons have less time to catch and surround me mid-glory kill (I play on Nightmare). If in a crowded situation I also drop a grenade while jumping into glory kill, so that if monsters surround me they will be faltered by the grenade that explodes while doing the glory kill, giving me space to move or do a ballista jump out of the pack. 

4 hours ago, Kristian Nebula said:

I use it so demons have less time to catch and surround me mid-glory kill (I play on Nightmare). If in a crowded situation I also drop a grenade while jumping into glory kill, so that if monsters surround me they will be faltered by the grenade that explodes while doing the glory kill, giving me space to move or do a ballista jump out of the pack. 

Exactly. The moment when you do a glory kill prevents monsters to attack you, but they can still get closer, though.

Punch and Reeve, Chrono Strike and Seek and Destroy have been on my loadout for a while now, I don't think I even tried changing them yet.

Edited by sluggard