Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Miscellaneous demos (part 3) [please post in part 4 instead]

On 10/22/2020 at 5:30 AM, Eric Claus said:

Glaive

Map 01 UV Max 2:27

glaivem1m-237.zip

More Glaive action, pretty straightforward.  I got the route figured out as it is pretty linear, but the frustrating part are the boxes.  I know for sure I could save some time there but just couldn't manage at this time.  This seems to be the time I am stuck at until I get those figured out or find some better way to get the monsters infighting.

This was played in Hurt Me Plenty, and not Ultra-Violence. If uploaded, it will have to go into "Other". Do you prefer to record this again?

It's safer to always have the "-skill 4" in the launch arguments to avoid mistakes.

13 hours ago, Coincident said:

This was played in Hurt Me Plenty, and not Ultra-Violence. If uploaded, it will have to go into "Other". Do you prefer to record this again?

It's safer to always have the "-skill 4" in the launch arguments to avoid mistakes.

Yeah I want to re-record demo, weird thought I had it set to -skill 4.  Thanks for the heads up.

15 hours ago, Maghster said:

99ways map03 in 1:09

99ways-map03-1-uvspeed.rar

Hello.

There are some problems with your submission that need solving before it can be uploaded to DSDA:

--> Please post your demos inside .ZIP file and not as a .RAR or any other format. Only .ZIP files are supported.
 --> The .zip .txt. & .lmp files should all have the same name according to the community's naming conventions. Download an existing run from DSDA to see an example, or read about naming conventions here: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/107427-the-next-iteration-of-dsda/?page=3&tab=comments#comment-2050460

(In this case, your zip, txt, and lmp files should all be named: "99ways3-109")

If you want the demo to be in DSDA, please fix the problems and re-upload the .zip file in a new forum post.

Thank you for your understanding, and happy demo recording.

PS - For more info on how to record demos, write text files and submit them, check out this thread:
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/116534-prboom-guide-usage-recording-demos-and-some-extra-info/

[This response was automated, but you can still reply to it, if need be]

11 hours ago, Coincident said:

Hello.

There are some problems with your submission that need solving before it can be uploaded to DSDA:

--> Please post your demos inside .ZIP file and not as a .RAR or any other format. Only .ZIP files are supported.
 --> The .zip .txt. & .lmp files should all have the same name according to the community's naming conventions. Download an existing run from DSDA to see an example, or read about naming conventions here: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/107427-the-next-iteration-of-dsda/?page=3&tab=comments#comment-2050460

(In this case, your zip, txt, and lmp files should all be named: "99ways3-109")

If you want the demo to be in DSDA, please fix the problems and re-upload the .zip file in a new forum post.

Thank you for your understanding, and happy demo recording.

PS - For more info on how to record demos, write text files and submit them, check out this thread:
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/116534-prboom-guide-usage-recording-demos-and-some-extra-info/

[This response was automated, but you can still reply to it, if need be]

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

On 11/4/2020 at 12:10 AM, Maghster said:

99ways3-109.zip

p a i n

This is not a valid ZIP file. Make sure to create an actual ZIP archive, and not rename an existing .rar to .zip. That will not work.

4 hours ago, Coincident said:

This is not a valid ZIP file. Make sure to create an actual ZIP archive, and not rename an existing .rar to .zip. That will not work.

what

Here you go. This saga is getting cluttery so I felt motivated to spend like a minute doing this. :P The demo/txt file ideally shouldn't be in a folder within the zip either. 

99ways map03 in 1:09 by Maghster

99ways3-109.zip

6 hours ago, ‹rd› said:

Here you go. This saga is getting cluttery so I felt motivated to spend like a minute doing this. :P The demo/txt file ideally shouldn't be in a folder within the zip either. 

99ways map03 in 1:09 by Maghster

99ways3-109.zip

you had to call it a saga, also thx -_-

18 hours ago, Maghster said:

you had to call it a saga, also thx -_-

Hey, could you explain how you are launching the game for demos (e.g., batch file, launcher, or something else)? It seems that whatever you did to record the run does not keep track of which wad was used in the demo file, which PrBoom+ usually does. This means that the demo can be played back, but it doesn't auto-select which wad is used for playback, which is slightly inconvenient for the automatic upload process.

On 11/6/2020 at 11:51 AM, 4shockblast said:

Hey, could you explain how you are launching the game for demos (e.g., batch file, launcher, or something else)? It seems that whatever you did to record the run does not keep track of which wad was used in the demo file, which PrBoom+ usually does. This means that the demo can be played back, but it doesn't auto-select which wad is used for playback, which is slightly inconvenient for the automatic upload process.

I use a batch file