Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

So where does your username come from?

DSC is actually indeed an acronym! I originally wanted to use the full name many many years ago in a mobile game, but decided to stay with the short version. I'll leave it to you to figure out what it is!

1 minute ago, DSC said:

DSC is actually indeed an acronym! I originally wanted to use the full name many many years ago in a mobile game, but decided to stay with the short version. I'll leave it to you to figure out what it is!

Pink Floyd picture so... the Dark Side of.... Canola oil :-P 

Bam! Nailed it :-P

When I was in my early teens, I thought ancient roman names were really cool (I had watched Gladiator multiple times and was reading the Emperor series by Conn Iggulden at the time), so I used Aurelius as part of a longer username. I ended up dropping all the other parts roughly 4 or 5 years ago and since then have only used Aurelius, mostly because my online friends are already used to the name. 

29 minutes ago, DSC said:

I figured it out!!!

"Doom Sucks Cock"

After using the same username (or variations of it) on every place of the Internet, I decided I wanted to pick a more generic one for a change. As a kid I used to love astronomy, so I picked the name of the most well-known galaxy (other than our own, of course).

It's really dumb, I have this short memory of being so convinced that the word "maximum" was "maxmanium" and my dad correcting me. That's literally it, but I do like the sound of it.

Mine was for a buzzword of a way to use the first letters of my real name.

JDMN.

And just used a food in spanish-

Mine was originally different, but I changed it since I consider it belonging to a different stage, or period of my life if you will, and I never really was one to stick to a name for too long, unless it becomes important one way or another. Though I don't change them like socks either, and I try to make them representative of myself in some capacity, if ever so subtle.

Current one is actually short for sinisterseed, and its primary goal was to be a reference to Katharsis (specifically their 666 (Hohelied der Wiedererweckung) song), which in itself alludes to my passion for extreme metal, morbid and dark things, and also the less glamorous side of existence. Yeah, it goes deeper than you'd think, purposefully so.

Well I was gonna name myself Nick after my actual name, but someone in like 2003 who signed up and never posted anything or logged in again took the name. So now I'm just N1ck like some edgy kid in Runescape.

Back in 2017 I decided to have a good life and encountered some success in it for once, and I chose to find a new username that radiates positivity and FRESHNESS

First i was GhoulDesecrator, wich was a name i used in online games inspired by Altars of Madness from Morbid Angel. That was a bit similar do DesecratorJ, and started reminding me of Ghouls forest, so i switched to Mayomancer. My original twitch name was OldHydromancer (mocking the mtg card Young Pyromancer) but i switched to mayomancer after being mocked for putting mayo on pizza.

I used to have several different nicknames online as a kid, so i tried settling with one for every place (which i could also be happy with, unlike some previous ones), so i just said random words after my first name until they sounded cool together

it's been my online name since at least 2000, most people, even IRL, know me by kalaeth, kal or k so.. I use it everywhere.

Originally it came from a Tolkien fan-fiction I wrote at 14 or so, it's actually supposed to be a corruption of KalEdhel after centuries of usage by orcs (and KalEdhel means Elfic Shine).

Eh I don't really know, I just thought it sounded cool. I'll probably regret making this my username someday but for now, I don't really care.

My username is literally my pseudonym I use to credit myself in all my creative works. I came up with it back in 2010 when I drew a webmanga, and it actually references Princess Sakura from my favorite CLAMP manga, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. The first part, "Kokoro" is Japanese for "Heart" and the other, "Hane" means "Feather". So heart feather... in the manga, Sakura's heart (memories) was turned into feathers and scattered across dimensions, which Syaoran vows to find every piece of. 

My username doesn't have that big of an origin story. I originally used it as my character name on a bunch of Space Station 13 servers and was an evolution of my old username which was Koolboi

Thank me for bringing this old 2017 tread back.

edit: i am dumb as crap, sorry people !

Edited by The Bug

I was bored and was thinking of a new name and I am an earthbound fan so I made a mockup PSI ability.

My username came from basically my name (Tom) and cacodemons (my fav demon) is nicknamed tomato and I put the word tomato and tom together; it fits perfect in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Nekr0s1s said:

i wanted something that screamed mid-2000s edgy with some l33t-speak to go along with it..

Ah yes, I remember those times, fun indeed.

And definitely better than what kids are coming up with in games nowadays, wtf.

Commodore Business Machines - CBM

I am a fan of their computers, the Amiga line in particular!

Also... I like star trek tng, hence the avatar!

Wanted something gender neutral. Played around with the video game name generator, eventually it gave me Twin <something-I've-forgotten> Beast. Thought the Twin and Beast sounded good together. Doesn't come from Twin Peaks, like a lot of people have asked in a chat.

17 minutes ago, seed said:

Ah yes, I remember those times, fun indeed.

And definitely better than what kids are coming up with in games nowadays, wtf.

"Hey mom, CoDYoutubeNoscope69Sharpsh00ter420 says he slapped you in the head with his peepee"

I love when kids put their YouTube channel in their name so people can gaze in awe at their three subscribers.

I was 1st place in a competitive axe throwing league until COVID happened. Slowly getting back into it! People aren't really signing up, which isn't surprising.