Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sergeirocks100

Satanic Infestation Open IWAD Project (CURRENT VERSION v0.0.5)

I managed to secure a license for the skies SilverMiner gave me, stating that i could "do whatever i wanted with them".

It's pretty bare bones, but it is a license nonetheless, and it's compatible with the project, so i will be able to continue using the skies he provided me with.

10 hours ago, sergeirocks100 said:

I am rebuilding everything to try and remove as many Freedoom assets as i possibly can to ensure that at least a good chunk of it is in the public domain.

and Freedoom isn't under the GPL, it's actually under a modified 3 clause BSD license.

And he makes some damn good textures, man!

I'd like to apologize if i haven't been very active recently, i've just been involved in other things for a while, and i assure you all that the project is not dead.

In the future, i might remove the .gitignore.

This is so you can see the project folder exactly how i see it, considering that i want the project to be as transparent as possible, this will help me achieve that goal.

I have managed to secure a license for Bingle Derry's sprites, again, stating i could "do whatever i want with them".

Now that i have a license secured for them, the map Kut submitted is next for a license inquiry.

i have managed to acquire a license for the map Kut submitted, the license being CC-BY-4.0.

Karasawa is no longer active on these forums, it seems, so the sprites he submitted may be removed from the project and put up for download.

Only the plasma gun sprites got used, so it's only a matter of replacing those.

I am here to say that the project is not dead, i have just been busy with other, non-Doom projects.

I expect normal activity to resume sometime within the next few months, so keep on the look out.

Edited by sergeirocks100

Just now, sergeirocks100 said:

I am here to say that the project is not dead, i have just been busy with other, non-Doom projects.

I expect normal activity to resume sometime within the next few months, so stay tuned.

Good! Can't wait to see a new update to this! What have you been working on, anyway?

Just now, SlayerOGames666 said:

Good! Can't wait to see a new update to this! What have you been working on, anyway?

There was a /tg/station mapping project i was working on since around August, but i stopped work on it recently because the PR got closed.

Aside from that, there isn't really anything of note.

As i'm sure you noticed, the website is down.

This is because of some trouble with 000webhost, who took the website down for unclear violations of their terms of service.

This is fine, because the Github Pages site is still up and nobody ever used the forums.

I will keep updates on the situation, even though it's a month old by now.

Nice, but I get the feeling that the mascaron itself is much sharper than the rock/marble texture that surrounds it, resulting in an odd effect. Maybe it's not noticeable in-game though.

I like this

I might be interested in replacing most of the textures in gzfreedoom with the Ones from this project since I find there is compatibility issues with 3rd party stuff when using stock freedoom textures

Gzfreedoom currently has no webhost

But its Also still Very Much WIP Anyway

Gzfreedoom is still a One man operation

Edited by CBM

1 hour ago, CBM said:

I like this

I might be interested in replacing most of the textures in gzfreedoom with the Ones from this project since I find there is compatibility issues with 3rd party stuff when using stock freedoom textures

Gzfreedoom currently has no webhost

But its Also still Very Much WIP Anyway

Gzfreedoom is still a One man operation

Feel free to use as many textures as you like, all of the ones that aren't stock Freedoom textures are in the public domain, or at least available to do whatever you want with them.

There are many free web hosting providers available, i personally use InfinityFree for the project website and forums.

Website seems to be a bit broken... Main page works and loads fine, but sub pages such as screenshots lead to a "404 page not found" error.

Just now, MattFright said:

Website seems to be a bit broken... Main page works and loads fine, but sub pages such as screenshots lead to a "404 page not found" error.

the "Links" and "Screenshots" subpages simply don't exist at all. "Links" never existed, and "Screenshots" used to exist, but the page was lost during the trouble i had with the old hosting provider.

15 hours ago, sergeirocks100 said:

Feel free to use as many textures as you like, all of the ones that aren't stock Freedoom textures are in the public domain, or at least available to do whatever you want with them.

There are many free web hosting providers available, i personally use InfinityFree for the project website and forums.

Thanks I Will look in to this

My goal is to create an open gzfreedoom ipk3 file with both freedoom 1 and 2 in a GZDoom edition

I removed the mapping contest from the post.

It was going nowhere, and the submission deadline closed over 2 months ago.

Maps, as always, are still free to be submitted to the project.

3 minutes ago, TheUltimateDoomer666 said:

That font looks extremely strange.  The odd shape of the letters is distracting.

I agree, i should probably use a different font for the letters.