Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OpenRift

(MOCK-UP) idManager!: The definitive DOS launcher for Doom and other id tech 1 games

So, I've mentioned before that I've been looking for the perfect frontend for launching WADs and dehacked patches, so after learning of the existence of Laughing Dog Screen Maker (which apparently is how they made setup.exe), I decided I'd use this as an opportunity to make a mock-up of what could be the end-all-beat-all launcher for playing in DOS/DOSBox. And yes, it does look like DeathManager, how could you tell? ;)

Notable (hypothetical) Features:

• Lists WADs and DeHackEd patches from defined directories (press F3 to set WAD/DEH paths)
  • Definable serial/IPX driver exes (for switching between updated drivers and vanilla drivers, also in F3 menu)
  • Explicit setting of executables for running WADs (great for alternating between vanilla exes and exe hacks like Doom-plus and SIGIL.EXE)
  • Level Names/Data is read from .DAT files akin to Deathmanager! v1.5
  • Works with Doom, Doom II, TNT, Plutonia, Heretic, Hexen, Strife, and even Chex Quest!

image.png.3fd9b9af8f77dfcdeb9dda61479f594f.png

And yeah, that's about it I guess. If you know how to program in Turbo C or something similar and are interested we should totally talk and try to make this.

Edited by OpenRift

this looks reeeeally clean, it even plays demos without resorting to command lines! Looking forward to it!

heyy you might want to fix a typo on cooperative!

1 minute ago, Juka said:

this looks reeeeally clean, it even plays demos without resorting to command lines! Looking forward to it!

heyy you might want to fix a typo on cooperative!

Thanks! If I knew anything about actually programming this I'd probably be working on this right now.

There are a few mistakes on here its just a mock-up shhhhh

Also if you know any DOS programmers send em my waaaaaay