Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

Where would you sleep in Doom?

So Mutahar A.K.A SomeOrdinaryGamers had some waky stuff happen to him recently:

Spoiler

He has been sleeping inside Minecraft VR for a while now and has been thoroughly enjoying it.
It has fixed his sleeping schedule and his sleep paralysis (something i suffer of a lot too) and he seems to be very excited to sleep inside that blocky landscape.
But this made me think if the same could be achieved for Doom. (Maybe using mods and GZDoom?)

If it is possible, would you try it out? (With no monsters and no music of course)
And if you would, what map would you try it out on?

Spoiler

Besides the bedroom from HDoom of course, that'd be too obvious of a pick.

If counting mods:

Doomguy's house in GS2, Altair or Pain in Doom 64, or Monster Condo in Doom 2.

I would probably sleep in Hellbound's MAP01, not the best but it's better than sleeping on the floor16502216000054231040_20201110175521_1.png.99c5d54edb40d8f7a7333d2ec0eb9b90.png

6 minutes ago, Garlic90 said:

Maybe in E3M1, at least the guts are soft

E3M7, blood is very warm, and there some sleeping bags for comfy experience. 10/10

I would sleep in this red faded otex teleporter, I feel like it makes me float in mid-air while sleeping
Screenshot_Doom_20201110_191328.png.01be89a898c761122de417d0ee46db77.png

I would also like to sleep in Doomguy's bed in Golden souls 2, listening to a happy Mario track.

And finally, I would like to comit barrel suicide in E1M1 and sleep there forever.

TNT´s map 19 balcony, where the megasphere is, there you can sleep under the stars. It´s a pretty good spot to take some rest.

Screenshot_Doom_20201110_111029.png.46d2cbbaee1f2180f6e13aa71e1dfd61.png

Right here :)

Going Down map30 has cozy bed to go rest your bones, as for outside camping, I'd go to Ancient Aliens map24. 

A bed and a place to stay?

I'd take map 21 of Epic 2 and not going to the pyramid next to it.

I choose to interpret this as "where would you feel comfortable sleeping if you were teleported into a stock Doom / Doom 2 map?" and my answer is the secret room in the red key building in Map02. Unreachable by the demons, there's a window, and an emergency teleport exit if things go bad.

1 hour ago, Linguica said:

I choose to interpret this as "where would you feel comfortable sleeping if you were teleported into a stock Doom / Doom 2 map?" and my answer is the secret room in the red key building in Map02. Unreachable by the demons, there's a window, and an emergency teleport exit if things go bad.

There's demons in that room from the start though. I don't think sleeping with possesed soldiers armed with shotguns would be safe.

In the Alpha version chairs in what became E2M7.   Or a particularly comfy monster closet, as long as it's empty.

1 hour ago, CyberDestroyer said:

Dude i would sleep in this comfy closet in the monster condo! (Doom 2)

That's Innmost Dens, man.

And I doubt the chaingunners would let you sleep there