Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VoanHead

Potato PC Games Recommendations?

4 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Another old DOS gem worth checking out is Descent

Oh yeah! forgot this one completely! This is brilliant but really hard to control due to 360 degree roll/pitch/yaw maneuverability - IIRC, that was virtually impossible for me at the time with just a keyboard.

All the kids today are playing DOTA 2 and Valorant, and they're designed to play on pretty much anything. CS:GO might struggle a bit.

Holy crap, that's more than enough games to keep me occupied. Thanks fellas, and my apologies for not responding so soon. Anyways, I've checked out the requirements for a good handful of the games all  of you recommended, Portal/Half-Life can def run on my Laptop, just gotta tweak the settings a bit to run smoothly. Sadly, I never got to enjoy playing those two games in the year they were popular, I was more focused on playing console/handheld and older games on older systems as a benefit to growing up sorta poor as a 2000s kid. I'm not really a big fan on JRPGS/RPGS in general since they can tend to be grindy in my opinion. RTS games, never played one but I'll be willing to give them a chance. I'm big into platformers so thank you @Sunnyfruit for the small list. I recently bought Enter The Gungeon on GOG since I played it on console before, so it's gonna be a grueling process to earn everything lost. @Gez Spacechem looks really interesting, that's going to the shopping list. I'll be checking out other emulators and see how they work. I managed to run Sonic 3&K with Sonic 3 Complete and Sonic 2 I just got off Steam for free, so using Emulators will take a while for me to figure out how to properly use them.

On 11/9/2020 at 9:45 AM, Doomkid said:

Have you played Commander Keen in Goodbye Galaxy? That's a fun old DOS game (well, technically multiple games) I didn't play as a kid but still enjoy as an adult. Another old DOS gem worth checking out is Descent.

Yes I have, beaten it twice actually. It's honestly a joy to play, sadly one of the more underrated games made by the OG id bois that I don't see get that much appreciation :(. I will say, it does get out shined by other platformers nowadays.

There's been quite a few good suggestions so far. I would strongly recommend Diablo 1 and 2 if you haven't played them. They're great ARPG games that will run on a potato. And I believe the GOG version of Diablo 1 includes the Hellfire expansion pack now as well.

And if you like ARPG's, Titan Quest would run on it, it's more Diablo 2, but with a Greek mythology background. Torchlight 1 should run fine, and Torchlight 2 shouldn't have any problems either.

That's all assuming you have an interest in isometric ARPG's of course; but I've found them to be really fun games, and they're pretty lenient as far as system requirements.

Magic & Might of Heroes series are alright games if you have plenty of time on your hands.

On 11/9/2020 at 2:51 PM, Bucket said:

All the kids today are playing DOTA 2 and Valorant, and they're designed to play on pretty much anything. CS:GO might struggle a bit.

Bruh, Valorant? No thank you, I very much want to keep my personal data, no matter how much "fun" people say it is.

Try Farming Simulator 15 lol

Team Fortress 2?

Jet Set Radio is alright too

Halo MCC might work for you on medium or low