Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Endless

How old are you ?

How old are you ?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you, Doomworld member ?

• Under 20
    • 20 +
    • 30 +
    • 40 +
    • 50 +

1 hour ago, jamondemarnatural said:

24 here, going to be 25 in 2 months-

Happy SUPER-early bday!

I hit 30 during the Quarantine, also moved in to the city (Buenos Aires), I am going to turn like a Imp creature if I don't see soon the light. (Anyone who speak spanish? Amigos)

6 hours ago, Argenteo said:

I hit 30 during the Quarantine, also moved in to the city (Buenos Aires), I am going to turn like a Imp creature if I don't see soon the light. (Anyone who speak spanish? Amigos)

Me amigo, espero tras la cuarentena llegar a Buenos Aires.

I'm 20. I eagerly await the day when I will be allowed to purchase the turn-off-your-brain juice.

On that note it's really rad to see just how many youngsters are here on Doomworld. I sometimes feel really out of place at my college because very few people here seem to be interested in older video games. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who's taken an interest in a game older than me.

I'm 27. Born the year Doom was released. I assumed I'd be one of the younger people here, it's surprising to see that those in their 20s seem to be the majority.

4 minutes ago, Zolgia108 said:

31 in 2 days oh no!!! @Clippy you are freaking old buddy!!!!

I'm young at heart and probably mentally too :S

11 hours ago, Remilia Scarlet said:

wtf, I just now realized I posted the incorrect age for me 0_o

36, not 37 lol

Hey now, getting younger while the rest of us age... what is this wizardry! ;)

So I was 5 when doom 1 came out... my name is kind of a reference to my birth year. I'll let you do the math 🧮  on that one.

On 10/16/2020 at 10:21 PM, BluePineapple72 said:

The big two-zero

I will soon reach the big four-one

22 hours ago, Clippy said:

I'm young at heart and probably mentally too :S

something 2 b proud of... no1 wants to have to be older than they need to be

On 10/16/2020 at 6:48 PM, HQDefault said:

I'm 20. I eagerly await the day when I will be allowed to purchase the turn-off-your-brain juice.

On that note it's really rad to see just how many youngsters are here on Doomworld. I sometimes feel really out of place at my college because very few people here seem to be interested in older video games. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who's taken an interest in a game older than me.

Yea I remember being made fun of when I was back in School for having a stronger liking towards retro games rather than most modern ones.

I didn't really care, I was and still am proud of my taste in Video Games.

On 9/15/2020 at 1:57 PM, Old-Doomguy said:

Played Wolf3d, Doom, Duke3d, Quake 1 2 3, half life, unreal, unreal tournament, Sin, yeah you name it. Could've been the best childhood possible given all the great games at the time I grew up. But my life was shit, but that's not a story for this thread. 

But I recently begun playing Doom again after 20-23 years. Loving it!

Username doesn't check out!

28, I was born like a week from when Wolfenstein 3D was released, and was still in diapers when Doom hit the scene.

First FPS I ever played was Terminator Future Shock, then followed by Quake 2, first discovered Doom when I was 7 years old, and it's maintained a strong hold of me since (of course I was a scaredy little kid back then, so I'd play with cheats, and usually with Simpsons Doom). I'd come back to Doom every now and then, still playing with cheats because I sucked, but being convinced to finally play Duke Nukem 3D and Half-Life without cheats in my teens, I realized just how much more fun that was, and it made me go back to play all other kinds of games I'd only have experienced with cheats.

I'd always been in the periphery of the overall community, played a bit of Skulltag for some time in my teens, and would tinker a lot with modding it, I'd make levels, and while I'd put in a lot of effort into making them look good (and often they did), they were completely linear and unremarkable pieces of crap with next to zero gameplay value.

I've continued to tinker with a bunch of Decorate stuff ever since, then recently gave mapping in Boom a try, and these days having an actual understanding of gameplay theory and level design, I think that I've actually made something that's good and worth playing.

40. Been playing doom, wolf 3d, since I was 13. I'm also pleasantly surprised (well, maybe not that much surprised now that the franchise got resurrected) by the amount of younger people.

On 10/16/2020 at 5:24 PM, Argenteo said:

I'm from Bs As, and I say kill them all. No, seriously, I'm from there

Edited by jupiter_ex