Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TheHighestTree

Nightmare Skill Level

I was wondering, in Ultimate Doom and/or Doom 2, what was the farthest you've made it in nightmare without level warping? (if U.D., then give the epicode you started at.) Mine is e1m5

Ultimate DooM: E2M8 (it required a LOT of saving)

Doom II: map08 (damn worldwide baron association there took me out for a fucking board meeting)

Ultimate doom: I have done episodes 1,2, and 3. For doom2 I have only done the first 3 levels. I have a bunch of TNT demos done on nightmare skill.

for E1 i can get to level 6
on E2 i can get to level 2 (i suck at Shores of Hell err, Nightmare altogether)
and on E3 i get to level 3

for doom 2 i can get to level 7

never tried TnT
and plutonia is hard enough on Ultr-Violence

Heh, I've only tried a few times. Never passed map01, but I didn't really try either. I usually don't save games, that's probably why.

Well, for Ultimate Doom, I acn get to E1M4, without cheats! For Doom2, I can get to level 6, and then no farther. Possibly because I do not save in either DooM game.

I was wondering, in Ultimate Doom and/or Doom 2, what was the farthest you've made it in nightmare without level warping?

Not very.

I came as far as the Dead Simple, and than said fuck it. And I saved where ever possible!!
This reminds me what ever happened to the Master of Doom? He should be in this. I really want to know how the hell he made it through this map!

I hate Nightmare. I'm not good enough to play it without saving 34,546 times per level, and that's something I hate.

I love it cause I'm constantly on the run! I can beat episode 1.. episode 4 is suicide. I haven't even tried the other ones. Doom II.. I made it to map 08, and the same thing happened to me as MACVILEWHORE. Fucking Barons.

Well, for Ultimate Doom, I acn get to E1M4, without cheats!

Wow, you don't say? I wonder how many other people have played on nightmare without cheats.

I don't like nightmare. I seriously don't think it's meant to be a mode played from start to finish. Just to warp to a level and challenge yourself now and then. Like Zaldron said, unless I do more saving then shooting, I can't get hardly anywhere on nighmare.

I like to play half-nightmare sometimes: use skill 4 but turn on fast monsters. The only thing that makes nightmare impossible is the respawning monsters.

Well, I neverneverneverneverEVER touch Nightmare, so I can't say....The closest I'll get right now is Hurt me Plenty.

Nightmare is Whore.

Quake on nightmare piss easy

wolf3d in Death incarnated not to hard.

Doom on nightmare...

/me breaks down and cries

Well, for Ultimate Doom, I acn get to E1M4, without cheats!

Stupidity CANNOT be concealed

can you see the similarities?

NM doom2 map01 and map18 are too easy for me !!!, in fact, should be easy for 3-yrs-old skillful baby-doomer

I agree with Lüt, the main thing that repulses me from Nightmare mode is the respawning. It makes the level unrealistic and basically a race against time. I'd rather thoroughly explore a map before racing to the exit with 7% health and 2 rockets left in inventory.