Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
forgettable pyromaniac

Favorite Pickup Sounds in Video Games?

that one that sounds like Maria from Ricky Martin, let me think what it was

EDIT: oh yeah I remembered. The food pickup sound from Wolfenstein3D (sound card, not pc speaker)

Edited by jupiter_ex : I remembered

The sound for picking health items in Dead Cells is super satisfying just because you know this might be the last time you heal before you die haha.

2 hours ago, forgettablepyromaniac said:

I saw the SiIlvaGunner icon and braced for impact but it was actually just the original sound effect. Huh.

That's GilvaSunner, previously known as SilvaGunner, before he had his channel taken down and then the name stolen by someone else, and used for the purpose of poor quality rips.

The treasure items in Dark Wolf (as discovered through the secret level of episode 1 of Hocus Doom) make a different sound depending on how many you've picked up in quick succession. It's kinda musical and it encourages trying to pick as many items as possible as quickly as possible to hear just how far it can go.

Also ditto the Adlib sound effects from Wolf3D. And the special sound for the chaingun! Dun dundun! Oh, and Corvus' evil laugh when picking a weapon. And the shotgun cocking sound from Doom, obviously. Just put a bunch of weapons laying around and run on them hoovering them up. chk-chk-chk-chk-chkchk-chk... So good.

@Shin Godzilla Ha, that reminds me of the Gauntlet 2 for 8-bit NES, except they don't say "Chicken."

Can't believe no one has said the Heretic weapon pickup yet.   People liked it so much it was in a Dwango wad for Doom, I think pasted onto the end of a weapon cocking sound.

The Serious Sam series has some of the best pickup sounds. They are differentiated based on the pickup types; ammo, armors, health items, you name it/them.

20 hours ago, Shin Godzilla said:

Also, it's a voice sample, but it must needs be mentioned

I love that sample sound.

6 hours ago, Gokuma said:

Can't believe no one has said the Heretic weapon pickup yet.

I did!

On 11/15/2020 at 7:38 AM, AinuTheTaken said:

I like Quake's sound effects. They're high quality and all the sound effects seem realistic.

Oh yeah. Nothing beats the adrenaline-pumping quad damage pickup sound as well.

Not my favorite game by far, but I really like that Adrenaline capsule pickup sound in Unreal Tournament 2003.

In littlebigplanet when you pick up the small point bubbles. Super satisfying and nostalgic for me!

One more.

Okami. It has at least 3 really short jingles depending of the item's rarity.