• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Endless

The ULTIMATE Master WAD Guide

13 minutes ago, Noiser said:

Oh my, this is amazing! Thanks a lot for your list man

Hope you found it useful and had a fun read! :D

Sure Jokewad have a short list of choices, why not putting a Community is Falling 3 and Extreme weapon Pack article? I think they are both relevant for the category, if you wish I can wrote some pretty short summary for them...

Also I think this one will need a mention at least for creating a new type of jokewad:

Spoiler

UAC Military Nightmare (not joking)

Anyway, awesome post Endless! You're the man!

20 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Sure Jokewad have a short list of choices, why not putting a Community is Falling 3 and Extreme weapon Pack article? I think they are both relevant for the category, if you wish I can wrote some pretty short summary for them...

Also I think this one will need a mention at least for creating a new type of jokewad:

Hide contents

UAC Military Nightmare (not joking)

Anyway, awesome post Endless! You're the man!

Mostly thanks to the fact that I haven't tried that many Jokewads out there. Good jokewads are actually quite rare! But in time I'll def update the list to reach that number 10 mark with some noteworthy JokeWADs. Thanks for the recommendations!

I love this. Such a nice variety of wads, covering a broad spectrum of genre and vintage. Good stuff!

16 minutes ago, Omniarch said:

I love this. Such a nice variety of wads, covering a broad spectrum of genre and vintage. Good stuff!

My pleasure. Creating a guide that had enough content that is as varied as elementary was part of my goal, so I'm glad I achieved it.

Awesome article man. It works great as a kind of introduction into the rabbit hole of Doom wads.
Your ezine's great and I hope it continues to grow even further.

3 hours ago, Adamast0r said:

Awesome article man. It works great as a kind of introduction into the rabbit hole of Doom wads.
Your ezine's great and I hope it continues to grow even further.

Glad you liked it! Don't forget to share it with your doomed friends and stay tuned for our lastest work with the Wadazine, some good news in a few hours will pop-up. ;)

This is fantastic, thank you very much. I wish there it was a list of all the best wads rated by difficulty, there is a scale for progression list but with very few wads...

Just like this one but looks incomplete and abandoned but some comments helped me:  https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/108060-sorting-doom-wads-by-difficulty-charts-are-fun/?tab=comments#comment-2015529

I can enjoy a list of wads in the same skill level. Thing is... there are SO many "classes" of wads with so many features, for example, the kind of wads that has a LOT of monsters in 1 room, or those impossible room x 100 monsters wad that you can only beat in 1 specific way, and bullsht room traps. 

I have been playing the really easy ones with UV -fast and the hard ones... carefully on UV ,':^) im still a noob

Imagine... a library of every wad with tiny features  as recommendations like those:

Wod.wad: [Very easy] [Nightmare] [play it drunk or joke]

wadie.wad: [IZI] [Blind UV fast pistol] [mod] 

Wadada.wad: [Hard] [Fair] [Blind UV Pistol] [classic]

Wad.wad: [very hard] [Memorize] [unfair] [100 monsters 1 room] [old]

waaaaaaad.wad [nearly Impossible] [braindead] [unfair] [hated] [1 million monsters 1 room] [new]

That way with TAGS you can rate / sort /filter them in a search library death machine, people can find what they want and avoid challenges they are not prepared or don't like.

Im new in the doom wad world and im new here, and im not sure if this would be a good post, i shouldn't be in charge of a project like this being new here and there.  Maybe as a request for someone better. 

ezgif-2-168051a64784.gif

Edited by Vino

43 minutes ago, Vino said:

This is fantastic, thank you very much. I wish there it was a list of all the best wads rated by difficulty, there is a scale for progression list but with very few wads...

You could check this one out :

It pretty much does what you say, but not every single WAD in existance of course. Other than that, the best way to know if a WAD is either too hard or too easy is to read the .txt or ask in threads/comments.

Content update January 19, 2022.

The guide has been updated with more WADs to check out!

• The Joke WAD section has been expanded
  • New Deathmatch section
  • New CTF section

Thanks to @Doomkid for some of the recommendations.

This guide is fantastic and can be useful to a lot of people, which is truly excellent!

I would also suggest to mention terrywads, even considering their sinisterness :)

Also, shouldn't 15 map WADs be megawads too? Because Doom Wiki says that "according to the idgames archive definition," it "contains 15 or more levels."

Anyway, this is some amazing work on the guide! 👍