Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Enforcer

iD please fix this mess

Wow. It looks like recent patches screwed up the damage skins on the models. Check out the video.

The damage disappears when you come close to an enemy. This shit happens to other enemies as well. Once you notice it you can't unsee it and it is VERY annoying. The only good thing that 15 gigs of patches did is that now the Mancubus and the Revenant in the Cultist Base don't get stuck on the translucent panel.

A random vid that shows the always stuck Mancubus

This sucks. .

Another great patch that did nothing. .great job🤦‍♂️ I can't believe iD didn't fix this shit

20201114_153852.jpg

Edited by Enforcer

Lets first address the hyperbole in your story, namely ''The only good thing that 15 gigs of patches did was'' and this subsequent post. I get your frustation, but instead of deflecting that upon iD, there are numerous things you could do:

• Write a mail to iD.
  • Tag @sponge, perhaps he knows something more.
  • Ask around.

Being snarky out of (understandable) frustration helps nobody.

yeah, being rude especially while all of these devs have to playtest and do all of their work and communication with each other from home with the added stress of everything else going on in the world and especially texas is just uncalled for. also, can you post this on one of the official bug reporting pages possibly? i know id checks doomworld, but keep in mind that this isn't an official bug report page.

18 hours ago, rustygizzard said:

yeah, being rude especially while all of these devs have to playtest and do all of their work and communication with each other from home with the added stress of everything else going on in the world and especially texas is just uncalled for. also, can you post this on one of the official bug reporting pages possibly? i know id checks doomworld, but keep in mind that this isn't an official bug report page.

These poor playtesters. .How could these poor testers not notice something THAT obvious is beyond me. Rude? I knew id wasn't going to read this post. .come on. I simply noticed an annoying bug and posted it here and I was damn sure these guys would notice this crap themselves and fix their fuckup (because you know, it's their job) in the next patch but no. Shows you how much they care. Nobody gives a fuck about anything and I'm supposed to be happy and polite? Stop kissing ass. 

28 minutes ago, Enforcer said:

These poor playtesters. .How could these poor testers not notice something THAT obvious is beyond me.

Perhaps there was publisher/manager pressure, perhaps it was an oversight, perhaps it is not a bug at all. Since the complaint is ''Visual damage disappears when you come close to an enemy'', a few questions and comments arise:

• How close does one need to be? And is the distance always relatively the same?
  • Does this occur in every situation, or are specific parameters at fault that trigger this?
  • If damage visually disappears, is it a LOD issue, is it a scripting issue that does not trigger, or is it something else?

You seem to have a very low opinion of testers as is apparent with your response, but testers have to comply to dozens, if not hundreds of user situations and write down specific reports where every single step leading up to a bug or flaw is accounted for.

Simply put, whilst your reaction is ''How could they miss this?'', my question to you would be ''Would you know how to do a proper test procedure?''

Forgive me for playing the tune of assumption here, but i reckon you don't, so your hyperbole is completely uncalled for, as is this subsequent post crapping on testers in general.

If you think being edgy and frustrated will provide you the solution to your problem, think again.

Rude? I knew id wasn't going to read this post. .come on.

They aren't going to read it if you don't atleast tag the one iD member that we have here on DoomWorld. Come on.

I simply noticed an annoying bug and posted it here and I was damn sure these guys would notice this crap themselves and fix their fuckup (because you know, it's their job) in the next patch but no. 

You posted it here without tagging the one iD member that DW has. What are you expecting? That video game companies scour every post and every thread just to find the Enforcers of this world that discover this bug that they can't unsee? There are Early Access, closed beta's, twitter and other direct outlets for that.

Nobody gives a fuck about anything and I'm supposed to be happy and polite? Stop kissing ass. 

Nobody gives a shit about hyperbole, especially when its unjustified and done out of frustration. Cool off and realize that the way you formulate your issue is more often than not going to be ignored than accepted because of it.

Is it still the case that bugs can be produced/magnified/whatever by one's particular hardware setup?

Deleted the game from my PS4 and installed it again without any patches and of course everything is fine. At least with the damage system. .Maybe this new bug only happens on PS4 but still I can't believe that I'm the only one that complains about it :D

14 minutes ago, ZeroTheEro said:

no bueno on my side.

Well you are playing it on a PC. And also this doesn't happen to all of the monsters. But it is very frequent. 

I just wrote a letter to iD software (idsoftware.com). I described the problem and also provided a video from youtube. Doubt anyone will look into this issue but you never know. 

1 hour ago, Enforcer said:

Deleted the game from my PS4 and installed it again without any patches and of course everything is fine. At least with the damage system. .Maybe this new bug only happens on PS4

Maybe it got introduced in a patch. Unlike regular game testing, patch testing is usually the second stage post-shipping. And patches that fix one issue can generate a new one that will get missed.

This isn't as uncommon as you think it is.

I just wrote a letter to iD software (idsoftware.com). I described the problem and also provided a video from youtube.

Far more productive than a complaintive thread. Well done OP!

Doubt anyone will look into this issue but you never know. 

That's the right spirit to have, geez.
Ill tag @sponge once more so he notices this if he can be bothered to address this for you.

This post sounds like a parody.

OMG FIX THIS MESS THE GAME IS DEAD etc

I love the fact that it's merely a visual glitch and not some game breaking catastrophe.

On 11/15/2020 at 4:24 AM, Enforcer said:

These poor playtesters. .How could these poor testers not notice something THAT obvious is beyond me. Rude? I knew id wasn't going to read this post. .come on. I simply noticed an annoying bug and posted it here and I was damn sure these guys would notice this crap themselves and fix their fuckup (because you know, it's their job) in the next patch but no. Shows you how much they care. Nobody gives a fuck about anything and I'm supposed to be happy and polite? Stop kissing ass. 

The fact that you are so irate about this is ridiculous. You say with such certainty that it's an easy fix without any knowledge of the situation. Your attitude makes you seem like an entitled asshole. 

12 hours ago, Super Mighty G said:

The fact that you are so irate about this is ridiculous. You say with such certainty that it's an easy fix without any knowledge of the situation. Your attitude makes you seem like an entitled asshole. 

Concur. I really do not understand what the OP was attempting to accomplish here. Unless it was to make himself look like an asshole in which case 10/10 mission accomplished.

On 11/15/2020 at 2:24 PM, Enforcer said:

These poor playtesters. .How could these poor testers not notice something THAT obvious is beyond me.

Then clearly you have no idea how hard playtesting can be and how something can easily slip into a patch or release without notice, or it's noticed too late in development, leaving the fix for later - and I'm talking from experience here.

With that spoiled attitude, like others said, don't expect id or any other support service to take you serious in any capacity.

On 11/16/2020 at 5:52 PM, Cantleylads said:

This post sounds like a parody.

OMG FIX THIS MESS THE GAME IS DEAD etc

I love the fact that it's merely a visual glitch and not some game breaking catastrophe.

Yeah. I bet you woudn't even mind if the next patch would turn Revenants pink or something. You could still play the game right? 

21 hours ago, seed said:

Then clearly you have no idea how hard playtesting can be and how something can easily slip into a patch or release without notice, or it's noticed too late in development, leaving the fix for later - and I'm talking from experience here.

With that spoiled attitude, like others said, don't expect id or any other support service to take you serious in any capacity.

The thing is that It's been like that for quite a while. And the issue is very apparent. And it wasn't fixed in the last patch. That means somebody is sleeping on their job. Spoiled attitude or not. .the game is fucked on PS4. Pretty funny that all these patch notes say "bug fixes". .well they created this bug themselves.

10 minutes ago, Enforcer said:

The thing is that It's been like that for quite a while. And the issue is very apparent. And it wasn't fixed in the last patch. That means somebody is sleeping on their job. Spoiled attitude or not. .the game is fucked on PS4. Pretty funny that all these patch notes say "bug fixes". .well they created this bug themselves.

Or it means they've got their plate full already and it will be fixed when it's freed up...

4 hours ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

No u

Well I'm sorry that I don't like buggy games man. And you are another great example of a guy that is happy with everything. You suck. .you big dummy

6 minutes ago, seed said:

Or it means they've got their plate full already and it will be fixed when it's freed up...

Yeah. They are probably working hard on their next dlc so they can make money. Everything else would have to wait. Who cares about guys on their base game on PS4. .Isn't it sad? 

37 minutes ago, Enforcer said:

Yeah. They are probably working hard on their next dlc so they can make money. Everything else would have to wait. Who cares about guys on their base game on PS4. .Isn't it sad? 

Dude, as long as support has not ended for the game, you're just needlessly worrying too much.

It seems id wants to support it for quite a while, and as long as that is happening, the chance of them fixing these remaining bugs will always be there.

Maybe you'd get more help if you acted, you know, in a civil and decent manner and had a bit of understanding. I don't even care for Doom Eternal that much, but I don't see how this is such a huge issue that the staff at id should drop everything they are doing to fix this one specific bug because it annoys you.

NEWSFLASH: Everybody fucks up. Whining like a brat isn't going to fix anything. You obviously have no idea how hard and expensive playtesting and patching things can be, even for large developers. Then again, I don't expect a great deal of wisdom from somebody who doesn't even realize they can quote multiple people on a forum instead of double posting.

Proposed solution: Wait for a patch like every other reasonable person on PS4, or build a PC "you big dummy"!

This is just another reason why PC>>>>consoles.

20 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Proposed solution: Wait for a patch like every other reasonable person on PS4, or build a PC "you big dummy"!

This is just another reason why PC>>>>consoles.

Not really though, lol.

I should remind you that triple-A games in the recent years had the tendency to be crap on PC at launch, requiring huge day-1 patches, while the console versions were mighty fine.

19 minutes ago, seed said:

Not really though, lol.

I should remind you that triple-A games in the recent years had the tendency to be crap on PC at launch, requiring huge day-1 patches, while the console versions were mighty fine.

What I meant is that at least on PC you have the option of rolling back a patch, or obtaining a previous version "through completely legal means".

And I've also had the huge day one patch issue about as often on both Xb1 and PS4. And I've also had plenty of console games that either ran terribly at launch, like Control on PS4, and games that were almost broken, like Crysis Remastered on Xb1. This is beside other issues, like the fact that games on PS4 and Xb1 crash more frequently than their PC counterparts on my end, corrupted saves, license issues on PS4, insanely low resolution in games like Nioh, poor frame pacing in games where it matters like Nioh and (PS4 exclusive) Bloodborne, insanely low framerates compared to PC in games like Ark, shoddy store interfaces, games installing and coming out corrupted, slow ui, longer load times, delayed patches, fans that sound like jet motor engines, overheating, multiplayer issues in paid subscription services, slower download speeds, servers being down, patches not downloading properly, etc. Modern Warfare is a 175.3GB install on PS4 and that size is growing, so consoles are not exempt from this issue. There will always be cases of botched console>PC ports, there always has been. The reverse is also true. But I rarely have issues on PC compared to console. This bug is a good example, it isn't happening on PC, on my end at least.

8 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

What I meant is that at least on PC you have the option of rolling back a patch, or obtaining a previous version "through completely legal means".

And I've also had the huge day one patch issue about as often on both Xb1 and PS4. And I've also had plenty of console games that either ran terribly at launch, like Control on PS4, and games that were almost broken, like Crysis Remastered on Xb1. This is beside other issues, like the fact that games on PS4 and Xb1 crash more frequently than their PC counterparts on my end, corrupted saves, license issues on PS4, insanely low resolution in games like Nioh, poor frame pacing in games where it matters like Nioh and (PS4 exclusive) Bloodborne, insanely low framerates compared to PC in games like Ark, shoddy store interfaces, games installing and coming out corrupted, slow ui, longer load times, delayed patches, fans that sound like jet motor engines, overheating, multiplayer issues in paid subscription services, slower download speeds, servers being down, patches not downloading properly, etc. Modern Warfare is a 175.3GB install on PS4 and that size is growing, so consoles are not exempt from this issue. There will always be cases of botched console>PC ports, there always has been. The reverse is also true. But I rarely have issues on PC compared to console. This bug is a good example, it isn't happening on PC, on my end at least.

My, I guess I'm gonna take that back, wtf.

I didn't know consoles could be this much of a pain sometimes, corrupted downloads and all, but no platform is perfect. Overheating issues sound somewhat familiar though.

Also MW remastered is almost 200GB in size now? Why do I even wonder... But no, on PC you can't always roll back to an older version if the devs don't store it at all, so that you can go back to it if something goes bonkers. There's actually not a whole lot of games to offer this opportunity.

33 minutes ago, seed said:

My, I guess I'm gonna take that back, wtf.

I didn't know consoles could be this much of a pain sometimes, corrupted downloads and all, but no platform is perfect. Overheating issues sound somewhat familiar though.

Also MW remastered is almost 200GB in size now? Why do I even wonder...

What's funny is that when I first bought my PS4, I was pretty happy with it overall. I sold my old PC because I didn't have enough money to get by, which sucked, but I was okay with the PS4. Over time, I noticed that the UI became more and more unresponsive, the fans got louder, the PS store became so janky that it was almost impossible to use, I was getting download speeds around 500kb/sec, and I started having overheating problems when playing newer games like God of War. I figured some of these problems were hardware related, so I sold mine and bought a brand new one (from a flea market, but it was still new... probably). It didn't resolve any of the issues, everything was exactly the same. Downloading everything from my old account was torturous due to the slow downloads, a lot of games had to have massive patches after being downloaded, and I had to fiddle around with the license restoration feature for about four hours to get everything working. Some of my purchased DLC wouldn't work at all. I had to redownload about 150GBs worth of stuff because of crashes from corrupted data.

I bought Bloodborne before it was patched (which took a while) and the load times were agonizingly long. I got over it and downloaded Nioh, which runs at a glorious resolution of 720p in "action mode" and 30fps 1080p in "cinematic mode". The game looks like a budget PS3 title outside of cutscenes, The 30fps feels more like 20, pretty much totally unplayable. I began having audio issues in GoW, with voice lines getting cut off and restarting every hour or two. Games kept getting bigger and bigger, and so did the patches, and soon the 500GB HDD could hold about four or five AAA games if you didn't have any indie games or anything else on it.

Eventually I built another PC, and I only go back to PS4 for a few games every now and then. Every time I do that, it is the most irritating experience. Every firmware update seems to make things worse. I used to not really have any issue with consoles, but everything about the PS4 irritates me. There is always some kind of problem with something. I totally understand the appeal of having a console, which is that it's supposed to be accessible, but my experience was the exact opposite of that. I ended up spending more time trying to fix things on PS4 than I ever did with my PC. Xb1 doesn't seem to have as many issues, but I'm not entirely sure why I own one. I guess I thought the Rare Collection was cool when it came out or something, I don't know. So when I said PC>>>console, it's not because I'm trying to be an elitist, it's just that the PS4 is the worst console I've ever owned. I hate almost everything about it. Even the controller is cheaply made, I'm very careful with controllers and I went through three of them because the triggers got too loose or just stopped working entirely.

Sorry for the massive post, even thinking about my time on PS4 drives me nuts.

@TheMagicMushroomMan Oh no, I don't mind that at all, it offers some very good insight on some of the technical difficulties behind consoles and how they may have gotten worse over time.

I am aware that some of these games were quite problematic, long loading screens being by far the most common issue with them which has been around since forever. It remains to be seen if the new gen is going to fix that, as they will all use SSDs instead of spinning drives.

I found it curious that the delivery system is different for something downloaded from a server. It first downloads the game, then the patches? Interesting.