Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DunciFlipz

[DOOMSKATER]--[MOD CONCEPT FOR DOOM]

I am calling all Doom modders, Artists, and Map Makers to help out with this concept.

A Project that might change Doom's whole playstyle

DOOMSKATER

Concepts being:

Well, It's based on Tony Hawk's ProSkater

• Disable camera movement always on Chasecam for the Player to not be disoriented whilst playing
  • Custom Commands for each Option (Grinds, Manuals, Flips, Grabs, and Starters)
  • Psuedo Specials being a "tap twice to any direction and then trick"
  • Multiple maps using GZDoom's slope and 3D Level mechanics.
  • Mutiple Scripted Events for every map sector that is grindable
  • Mutiple Classes have Different Attributes
  • Midis of popular Punk Songs will play randomly throughout Maps
  • Starters giving a speed boost when pulled off.

This is all I can think of.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Untitled1227_20201121195942.png

Pretty cool/unique idea, but I'm not too familiar with the skating subgenre. Does GzDoom have the physics capabilities for this to work? I can also see the camera being a big issue to get working right. Iirc, that was the hardest thing to get working properly in the Mortal Kombat mod, and that was a simple 2d fighter with camera angle changes for the fatalities. This would also require a lot of really good work with sprites.

Do you have anything so far that you can show us? 

1 hour ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Apart from the idea, and the personalized title that specifies that idea in the image, I think you should give it a little patience, which he is just showing a certain proposal regarding what him want to do in his project, partner.

Finally, a doom version of quake kickflip

Cool idea! I'd love to see a radical skater doomguy doing pop shove it's off imp heads. 

2 minutes ago, DoomedFox said:

Finally, a doom version of quake kickflip

Cool idea! I'd love to see a radical skater doomguy doing pop shove it's off imp heads. 

Man, the 90's were very strange to how I remembered it...

Neat concept! I believe a Doomguy's Pro Skater hasn't been attempted before. Only minor thing I have to debate is this:

6 hours ago, DunciFlipz said:

Midis of popular Punk Songs will play randomly throughout Maps

Admittedly, this may also work to an extent, but from my perspective, a mod based off of this idea screams for an original soundtrack. There's potential for some really wacky maps that utilize GZDoom's feature set to its full extent with this concept, and I feel like using MIDIfied versions of popular songs would be doing the product somewhat of a disservice. I'm thinking something that emulates the original Doom MIDIs while bringing in some elements from the songs in the Pro Skater games would work - of course, the challenge is finding the sweet spot and making it work.

If this ends up taking off, I'd be happy to contribute some tunes. :)

18 hours ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Not yet for the most part. Yet again I just joined and I don't have a PC around me to make the concept for how the maps could look.

But I did show the potential of the title for the title screen. So there is some beginning footing on there.

14 hours ago, MFG38 said:

Admittedly, this may also work to an extent, but from my perspective, a mod based off of this idea screams for an original soundtrack. There's potential for some really wacky maps that utilize GZDoom's feature set to its full extent with this concept, and I feel like using MIDIfied versions of popular songs would be doing the product somewhat of a disservice. I'm thinking something that emulates the original Doom MIDIs while bringing in some elements from the songs in the Pro Skater games would work - of course, the challenge is finding the sweet spot and making it work.

If this ends up taking off, I'd be happy to contribute some tunes. :)

Hmm... that actually could work out and I think that probably would work for not getting a giant lawsuit so. Original it is then.

it's still gonna stay in like a pop-punk/metal feel for obvious reasons.

26 minutes ago, DunciFlipz said:

Hmm... that actually could work out and I think that probably would work for not getting a giant lawsuit so. Original it is then.

it's still gonna stay in like a pop-punk/metal feel for obvious reasons.

There is no legal trouble with using midi versions of songs, plenty of people use songs from FreeMidi. I do like the idea of crazy original music though. I can also see mp3 music working pretty well for this project. Good luck with it, I do like the logo you came up with :)