Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

Greetings;

I'm searching for wads that I lost recently due to hard drive failure, I had them archived kind of a collection actually, last time I played them was like a year ago.

- it was in a hexen format, it has pickups, great visuals, an arena (perhaps?) where you fight a horde of monsters, there was a developpement thread about it here and in zdoom, a youtube video was made for gameplay.

- Last one, hard to remember as details are vague -if it can't be helped, it's ok- you start in a station, space maybe, you can jump and crawl into vent tunnels, it had a secret teleporter which leads you to a hellish area which you see a light entity and bloody textures fill the whole area.

Big thanks in advance for trying or making an effort to help, stay safe.

Edited by Genki

Looks similar to 8bitdm, but just checked and that isn't it..

Does anyone have "ccarnage.wad"? I think it's a deathmatch wad. It's listed on a few Doom sites but every link 404s!

A months ago, one user on youtube requested me a video of me playing a really old Doom wad called "WHISKEY.WAD"

This is what he said me about it:

"it was just a single map where you're on like a helicopter strip and zombiemen are coming at you then you storm the base. It was for Doom 1. It wasn't great but nobody has a video of it on YouTube." He claimed he had it some years ago."

"whiskey doesn't seem to be on ID Games anymore or at all and Google came up with 0, which stressed me out because I had it some years ago." Said me exactly.

Someone played something alike or have it? Thanks

I've been thinking about a wad I played a year or so back. I can't remember the name or many details, but I remember it has a sort of Egyptian theme to it, some sort of platforming section over a pit of lava (not sure if the player had to actually jump or just strafe across them), cacodemons in or around the first room, and from what I'm remembering, no custom sprites. I played it in GZDoom but I'm not sure if it was because it was made for GZDoom or I was just using it at the time. The first room if I remember correctly didn't have a door and instead forked off into three paths with two being locked behind keycard doors.

Edit: if someone does find this wad, please mention or quote me because I might not see the post otherwise.

Looking for some gggmork maps post 2012, the ones that aren't archived by @TimeOfDeath666 (tagging in the hopes of him proving me wrong).

Here are the file names + thread:

k11.wad - crappy mappef oiej ae

zd3dcrap.wad - hollow cacosphere

acs scripted maps (map 2: insta architecture, unfinished)

projectile spiral & targeting system

true3DStarfox.wad - Starfox Doom

I made some sorta fartarded boom map

P2.wad - P

idgaf1.wad - dumb boom map

lcp1.wad lcp2.wad - lcp1/2

doomtris.wad - Doomtris (doom tetris)

Btw i want to take this opportunity to say thanks to those helping people in this thread (especially Mad Butcher and VVL). Some of the coolest maps or neat bits of history would've been lost without your often unsung efforts. Once again, thanks!

I remember there was this chinese game where you could modify with an hex editor the main data file and it was a ultimate doom iwad with maps and textures ready to be played in any port. Can't find the post anymore...

1 hour ago, Angry Saint said:

I remember there was this chinese game where you could modify with an hex editor the main data file and it was a ultimate doom iwad with maps and textures ready to be played in any port. Can't find the post anymore...

Keywords "MARS 3D". I think most talk about it was on the duke4 forums, not here.

2 hours ago, dmslr said:

Which wad has the midi of Das Boot theme? I can't remember where I heard it.

I think the first wad I played with the Das Boot theme (the disco version I mean) was galaxia.wad

Searching the Doom Wiki for "das boot" gives a list of levels known for using it:

• DCDWANGO MAP07
  • Galaxia E1M1
  • Eternity E2M3
  • Heroes E2M3
  • Doomworld Mega Project 2015 MAP10

12 hours ago, wrkq said:

Keywords "MARS 3D". I think most talk about it was on the duke4 forums, not here.

Not, it was not that. It was more mafia/crate oriented...

21 minutes ago, Angry Saint said:

Ah, sorry.

53 minutes ago, Angry Saint said:

Was it this one?

On 8/22/2020 at 2:43 AM, haruko haruhara said:

Does anyone have lolwad.wad made by Marcio coeiho https://youtu.be/7Mx4q-CMpV4

It's archived here, it's also in the ZDoom forums archive but I think it got removed.

Btw, I found that you asked the same question in a Zandronum thread and nobody answered, i'll leave this screencap:
Capture.png.5b9aae4383cc5964c3124c2d376c02f5.png

Edit: and again. Poor luck :[
capture2.png.1ffc2cea5e597672450afe97b4337aeb.png

Edited by HitBoi64