Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nekostuffing

Warhammer 40k Astartes

4 hours ago, Sylevernas said:

2) Enemy death triggers don't work (Kill E1M8 bosses and the Pentagram Wall doesn't descend and allow you to finish the level and in Map08 of Doom 2 (i had to cheat in both instances))

2) Much like in the spirit of original DOOM Music, some midi'd HMKids (Awesome 40k themed band)

Of course, triggers on maps don't work if you change monsters. Use other wads or adapted maps, such as D4Vmaps.

Regarding HMKids midi, without lyrics, these are the most usual tracks in the power-metal style and they are not associated with the w40k universe, at last for me.

However, if you like this, you can try DemonSteele-NowThatsWhatICallMIDI.

Fair enough, however, I still have loads of "R_Installspritelump: Bad frame characters in lump ____", "Script Warning, ____, Line ____, unknownclass name/Tried to define class name ___, of type ____" error messages upon bootup

2 hours ago, Sylevernas said:

Fair enough, however, I still have loads of "R_Installspritelump: Bad frame characters in lump ____", "Script Warning, ____, Line ____, unknownclass name/Tried to define class name ___, of type ____" error messages upon bootup

If this does not create any serious problems, then you can ignore it.

7 hours ago, Sylevernas said:

I dont know why those happen im guessing i just need to do some cleaning up in the code, but as doomenator said, they do not cause any issues during gameplay, at the moment im working on the sprites for the new enemies so you can fight against real chaos monsters and enemies, ill check the code once im finished with the mod completely as cleaning up is usually done at the end, unless the code is creating bugs when you play then it isnt a pressing matter.

13 hours ago, nekostuffing said:

I dont know why those happen im guessing i just need to do some cleaning up in the code, but as doomenator said, they do not cause any issues during gameplay, at the moment im working on the sprites for the new enemies so you can fight against real chaos monsters and enemies, ill check the code once im finished with the mod completely as cleaning up is usually done at the end, unless the code is creating bugs when you play then it isnt a pressing matter.

Thanks for the advice, and good to hear that we might be getting Choas enemies in the near future.

ETA: Noticed that the Storm Bolter seems to have unlimited ammo.

Edited by Sylevernas

11 hours ago, Sylevernas said:

Thanks for the advice, and good to hear that we might be getting Choas enemies in the near future.

ETA: Noticed that the Storm Bolter seems to have unlimited ammo.

ill take a look into it, i noticed it just takes a very long time for it to deplete, ill test it out a bit tho, maybe i just need to lower the amount of Storm Bolter ammo you can carry.

4 hours ago, nekostuffing said:

ill take a look into it, i noticed it just takes a very long time for it to deplete, ill test it out a bit tho, maybe i just need to lower the amount of Storm Bolter ammo you can carry.

Perhaps have the Storm bolter uses same ammo  Bolter and Heavy Bolter (Meaning Hard Cap at 600)

2 hours ago, Sylevernas said:

Perhaps have the Storm bolter uses same ammo  Bolter and Heavy Bolter (Meaning Hard Cap at 600)

Not a bad idea

7 hours ago, Pryzfighter said:

Any chance on some Dark Angels coming? Also that thunder hammer is so satisfying!

Yep! Dark Angles will be in the mod :D , but i would like to make the Gray Knights first.

6 hours ago, nekostuffing said:

Yep! Dark Angles will be in the mod :D , but i would like to make the Gray Knights first.

By the Emperor! We talking great sword or halberd for Grey Knights? You know what don't tell me surprise me.

I have a idea for the storm bolter problem you been having. make it like the redemption form Space Hulk: Deathwing so basically like the super shotgun and instead of 100 rounds give it 18 rounds, and make it use shotgun rounds instead bolter rounds. because the bolter and heavy bolter make it obsolete, because the bolter is accurate at range and the heavy bolter does not need to reload so the storm bolter is just a high rate of fire more ammo version of the bolter.

so making it like the super shotgun but with 18 rounds, so it would be a different weapon gameplay wise

Edited by dragon flame

Perhaps have the Super Shotgun slot/Storm Bolter be a Unique Weapon for a specific Space Marine (And make the Vengeance Launcher the Ultramarine Unique Weapon) in lieu of the Storm Bolter, which would get it's RoF ramped up (but damage reduced)

Idea for a Salamanders loadout:

1) Bolter/Shotgun/Heavy Bolter as standard

2) Grav Hammer for the Melee

3) Replace BFG with Heavy Meltagun

4) Unique Weapon: Plasma Pistol?

I think the Super Shotgun needs to be the meltgun and put the Storm Bolter as the minigun and the Heavy Bolter as a upgrade minigun. 

so the Storm Bolter and Heavy Bolter are in the same slot   

On 1/30/2021 at 8:49 AM, dragon flame said:

I think the Super Shotgun needs to be the meltgun and put the Storm Bolter as the minigun and the Heavy Bolter as a upgrade minigun. 

It could also be random, a random spawner that makes the melta gun or the stormbolter spawn randomly instead of the super shotgun, and both can use the same slot, or maybe i can change the slot of the storm bolter, to use the same as the heavy bolter, that would only make the weapon selection a bit different.

On 1/30/2021 at 6:49 AM, dragon flame said:

I love this idea, super shotty is my favorite vanilla weapon, and meltagun will make a wonderful equivalent in 40k. Can't wait to use one on some demons! Can't wait for this mod to be finished, then we'll need some maps for it. Right now, Trenchfoot works well enough with its WWI trench warfrare inspired map even if the enemy and weapon spawns sometimes don't seem to want to play along with this mod.

Any possibility the chainsword could retain the OG Chainsaw's stunlock on hit? In Brutal Doom they make it so M1 makes you swing the chainsaw, but on hit you can hold down M1 to continuously chainsaw through a dude. If you did it like that, you'd combine the feeling of "I am swinging a sword" and "i am chainsawing through a dude."

As is, it just kind of feels like another melee attack, without hammer's AoE or the shield's blocking. 

Also, could I get a fresh link to the discord? I wanna see progress updates. 

Edit: I just reread through page 1 where you say how Brutal Doom's code is a mess so you can't just lift weapon code from it. Would that preclude making your chainsword work like their chainsaw? I don't know anything about Doom modding and what is or isn't feasible, but what I'm suggesting is basically just "make the chainsword function identically to the OG chainsaw except holding M1 plays an animation of swinging it, instead of 'doomguy tilts it slightly downward and holds it steady.'"

Edited by Foul Fagus

18 hours ago, Foul Fagus said:

Any possibility the chainsword could retain the OG Chainsaw's stunlock on hit? In Brutal Doom they make it so M1 makes you swing the chainsaw, but on hit you can hold down M1 to continuously chainsaw through a dude. If you did it like that, you'd combine the feeling of "I am swinging a sword" and "i am chainsawing through a dude."

As is, it just kind of feels like another melee attack, without hammer's AoE or the shield's blocking. 

Also, could I get a fresh link to the discord? I wanna see progress updates. 

Edit: I just reread through page 1 where you say how Brutal Doom's code is a mess so you can't just lift weapon code from it. Would that preclude making your chainsword work like their chainsaw? I don't know anything about Doom modding and what is or isn't feasible, but what I'm suggesting is basically just "make the chainsword function identically to the OG chainsaw except holding M1 plays an animation of swinging it, instead of 'doomguy tilts it slightly downward and holds it steady.'"

https://discord.gg/vvShQUaf i think i know what you mean with the chainsword, Doominator sent me a video of what that looks like, it looks like you are cuting the enemy wile blood just splurts out , very cool effect , i can give it a try

Hello, i recently added this mod in my gzdoom 4.3.3 and i have a problem with the demon (the one with no eyes). When i kill one, sometimes instead of pass through it (like any other body), acts like a wall and i can't pass through it, what sould i do?

4 hours ago, Neruky said:

Hello, i recently added this mod in my gzdoom 4.3.3 and i have a problem with the demon (the one with no eyes). When i kill one, sometimes instead of pass through it (like any other body), acts like a wall and i can't pass through it, what sould i do?

Ill fix it when i get back to working on this mod, havent worked on it in a while, im taking a break from 40k and im working on another project, ill come back to it latter tho.

8 hours ago, Neruky said:

Open Chaos unleashed.wad in SLADE and edit DECORATE for BlindPinky:

Spoiler

Death:
            TNT1 A 0 A_PlaySound("BPinky/Death")
            BPDE ABCDE 6
            BPDE F 6 A_NoBlocking
            BPDE F -1
            Stop

If you don't know how to do it, use the patch.

PinkyFix.zip

On 12/2/2021 at 6:07 AM, Doomenator said:

Open Chaos unleashed.wad in SLADE and edit DECORATE for BlindPinky:

Hide contents

Death:
            TNT1 A 0 A_PlaySound("BPinky/Death")
            BPDE ABCDE 6
            BPDE F 6 A_NoBlocking
            BPDE F -1
            Stop

If you don't know how to do it, use the patch.

PinkyFix.zip

Thank you very much, if it is not much of a problem, you know how to take a screenshot?