Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Nobody

Is Doom All id Software Makes Now?

For their other ips, they get other devs to make entries for them. I asked something like this before, but this time I want to know if id themselves will ever make a new title in one of their other series'. A new game that's not Doom, and that it may or may not be in the first person shooter genre.

@sponge

Edited by The Strife Commando

This feels like you are rephrasing your thread you made months prior. I suppose you could find your answers there.

I'm sure they'll want to do something else after the Doom Eternal DLCs.

1 hour ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

This feels like you are rephrasing your thread you made months prior. I suppose you could find your answers there.

I wanted to make this one different, asking if they'll ever make a new entry in their other series' themselves rather than get someone else to do it.

Let's see, shall we?

Wolfenstein is fully MachineGames' job now, Rage isn't quite all the rage, nothing earth-shattering about Quake and Quake Champions right now and Doom right now is quite popular.

Now once they can finally pull off Eternal, there's really really small chance they would poke at Rage again. Or Quake stuff. The latter is still wishful thinking atm.

This is kind of a silly question.

As @ZeroTheEro said, they obviously don't work on Wolfenstein anymore, I highly doubt there will be another Rage, and Quake might as well be gone. 

3 hours ago, The Strife Commando said:

I wanted to make this one different, asking if they'll ever make a new entry in their other series' themselves rather than get someone else to do it.

How is anyone supposed to know this?

3 hours ago, The Strife Commando said:

Who are you asking, anyway?

Sadly the previous topic where a similar styled question was asked got removed, but it was the one where you apologized for making such questionnaires so ill just say it here again:

Atleast tag Sponge in here if you want any iD response. You know this from the previous thread because this was stated multiple times.

I feel you weren't picking this up.

19 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

How is anyone supposed to know this?

Just have to guess. That's part of the fun.

Whenever i see another The Strife Commando thread, i know there will be a lot of Redneckerz posts on them.

You always made my day, guys!

Might be, they wouldn't be the first company that something like that would happen to. IDK if it's true but I heard that QuakeCon even got renamed DoomCon.

5 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

Whenever i see another The Strife Commando thread, i know there will be a lot of Redneckerz posts on them.

You always made my day, guys!

Maybe these threads are made for that purpose in a slightly sadistical way. :P

I think it's entirely too early to tell (and you're not going to get company secrets by pinging a id software staffer, btw). Doom is currently their priority, and they've been on it for about a decade in terms of development time, but id was making games called "Quake" at one point for a long period too. It's also been mentioned the Ancient Gods duology is going to be "the end of the Doom Slayer's arc", but anything on that is currently baseless speculation.

It's worth noting that making the same game over and over is part of what resulted in the corporate infighting and eventual departure of many old id employees.

I think what would be cool is maybe a new Commander Keen game that would be graphically better than the originals but with the same gameplay (Commander Keen Mania basically) and NOT Bethesda's long dead mobile game. Heck, since Keen's reputation has been slammed into the ground maybe a Dangerous Dave comeback would be cool too.