Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrazyDoomguy

ZBoom Community

17 hours ago, Arbys550 said:

I'm trying to get animated liquid falls in my map, but it seems all of the texture packs use an ANIMDEFS lump instead of an ANIMATED lump. ANIMDEFS isn't compatible with boom maps. I would make my own ANIMATED lump but It would probably cause problems when you merge all the textures into one wad, if other people make their own ANIMATED lump. When you go to merge everything, are you going to merge peoples ANIMATED lumps, or do we have to just not use liquid falls?

Also an alternative question: Has anyone found a texture pack on the website that uses ANIMATED for liquid falls?

Didnt tought about this. Animated only for liquid or for computer...

I think, I can watch which animation creators use and make on all maps same. Watter- lava- slimefall all are same.

Edited by CrazyDoomguy

18 hours ago, Arbys550 said:

Also an alternative question: Has anyone found a texture pack on the website that uses ANIMATED for liquid falls?

There's wrote under the "info" subpage in the wad summary, however some of the texture packs that uses ANIMATED lump are:

Eternal Doom Resource WAD

Gothic Texture pack iirc

Mortiser Texture Pack iirc

I'm actually using Mortiser texture pack for mine and it didn't come with anything. As for Gothic Texture pack, I'm confused. How do the switches and animate stuff work? Is there a special lump that does the magic? Do I have to dump the entire gothictx wad into my wad? I don't know how vanilla switches work.

As long as the ANIMATED and SWITCHES lumps get merged and no one does anything weird with them, like make a window texture a switch, I think it will be fine

It's been pretty quiet in here. I wonder if people are still working on their maps? Anyways, here's some screenshots of my map so far. I hope more people join this project because I don't want this thing to go to waste.

6pTRdhm.png

bsAYmvx.png

PthyV9L.png

9gHBHSj.png

Sure, I working on my map but now is stand-by because I'm working on other projects...

Anyway your map looks really good!

Reserved post for further update!

I bring back to work on my map yesterday, probably this afternoon will be ready to be played.

Also, if someone else is interested to join this, you've got time until the 31 of December....

*Reads forums*

Oh, a bumped BooM project, let's see what's up here

*Sees strange limits on adding custom textures*

Now it's clear why there's not much interest in here

Yeah, I'll be honest, I may have to withdraw from this. School right now is killing me and there's no way I'm going to finish this. I may have bit off more than I could chew anyways because I'm also working on my own project. Sorry guys.

And it's done! 

DOWNLOAD

Author: Walter

Map name: Moon Base Invaded

Playtesting: prboom-plus 2.5.1.5, prboom-plus 2.5.1.7um

Skill settings: No

Build time: A pair of months, with a long pause between May / June and December

Tools used: GZDoombuilder-bugfix, Slade 3

Music track: Lee Jackson - Restricted Area

Comments: Originally made for Spaceballs 2 DBP, then since the map was rejected from the project i've decided to put it here, after re-texturing it and changing it from limit removing to boom. It includes as well a little modified version of duketex from me in the zip, if anyone wants to use that texture pack.

Map pictures in spoiler:

Spoiler

doom01.png

doom03.png

doom05.png

4 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

And it's done! 

DOWNLOAD

Author: Walter

Map name: Moon Base Invaded

Playtesting: prboom-plus 2.5.1.5, prboom-plus 2.5.1.7um

Skill settings: No

Build time: A pair of months, with a long pause between May / June and December

Tools used: GZDoombuilder-bugfix, Slade 3

Music track: Lee Jackson - Restricted Area

Comments: Originally made for Spaceballs 2 DBP, then since the map was rejected from the project i've decided to put it here, after re-texturing it and changing it from limit removing to boom. It includes as well a little modified version of duketex from me in the zip, if anyone wants to use that texture pack.

Map pictures in spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

doom01.png

doom03.png

doom05.png

Pretty good my dude, I died a lot more times then I would like to admit at that spider-mastermind part, but cool concept and I liked the outdoor parts too. Completed on UV.

image.png

My map for the ZBoom Community project

Author: Sasha

Map name: Danila's flower

Playtesting: zdoom

Skill settings: Yes

Build time: from April, but with a long pauses

Tools used: Doombuilder 2 (in Boom configuration)

Music track: from HeXeN

danila.zip

It uses some kind of new texture pack, like my map? Downloaded btw!

EDIT: is a nice slaughtermap that uses stock textures, played a little on skill 2. Maybe too hard for my tastes.

Edited by Walter confetti

Hello everyone, I have to close this project because i can't finish map. Every construction takes me a lot of time and is no longer fun. I can't take the pressure. I like doing walktrought more than building maps. Your maps can be used in other projects such as dmp2020

I apologize

2 hours ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

Hello everyone, I have to close this project because i can't finish map. Every construction takes me a lot of time and is no longer fun. I can't take the pressure. I like doing walktrought more than building maps. Your maps can be used in other projects such as dmp2020

I apologize

You are very strict (strogiy) ... and to yourself too....

I don't think the organizer must make a map to his project.

Moreover, these maps are an answers not to this post, but to your earliest...