Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Enforcer

iD please fix this mess

1 hour ago, seed said:

@TheMagicMushroomMan Oh no, I don't mind that at all, it offers some very good insight on some of the technical difficulties behind consoles and how they may have gotten worse over time.

I am aware that some of these games were quite problematic, long loading screens being by far the most common issue with them which has been around since forever. It remains to be seen if the new gen is going to fix that, as they will all use SSDs instead of spinning drives.

I found it curious that the delivery system is different for something downloaded from a server. It first downloads the game, then the patches? Interesting.

There seems to be no standard when it comes to PS4 patches, unless something has changed since I've been away from it. Sometimes when you start a download, it will automatically add the latest patch to the queue to be be downloaded with the game. Other times, the game will install, and upon trying to start the game, you will be informed that a patch is needed. Sometimes when you download a game, it is already patched to the latest version. This is another really frustrating problem: waiting a day and a half for a 50gb game to download, and then being told you need to download another 15gb when you actually go to play it.

I usually hate when people say "why can't things be like they were in 1998 when you bought a game and it just worked, no patches required", because games and technology in general are a lot different than they were back then. But for me, it highlights a problem with modern consoles: they have lost their main selling point, which is accessibility and ease of use. There just seems little point in buying a console these days except to play exclusive games. I think being able to patch out problems is a good thing on any platform, but Sony and Microsoft need to figure out a better way to optimize the delivery of those patches, and minimize the amount of things that you are required to download. If I download a game on a console, I would much perfer that it is already updated to the latest version, and if that isn't possible, let me choose to download the patch at the same time as the game itself.

But unfortunately, it seems that consumers are too busy arguing over things like one console having better exclusives, or the shape of the console, or the color of the controller, or not being able to change the wallpaper. You see too many people complaining about things that don't make much difference in terms of the overall experience, instead of complaining about the myriad issues that actually hamper the overall usability and performance of the hardware they are buying. Hopefully this generation is better, I don't know how it's going so far because I've been so turned off from console gaming that I rarely read news about them anymore.

And it is weird to think that kids born after the Ps3/360 era will likely never understand how much different it actually was back then, when the only steps required for playing a console game included buying said game and inserting it into the tray. PC gamers are used to messing around with different things to get everything working correctly, it's ideally not a problem that console gamers should have to contend with. But alas, this is a new era.

What sucks the most is it kills the hype factor. I remember when I was a kid, getting all hyped up when I went to Blockbuster to buy a game, because I knew that as soon as I got home I would playing it. Now you get all hyped up and wait for a 15gb patch to finish downloading.

4 hours ago, Enforcer said:

The thing is that It's been like that for quite a while. And the issue is very apparent. And it wasn't fixed in the last patch. That means somebody is sleeping on their job. Spoiled attitude or not. .the game is fucked on PS4. Pretty funny that all these patch notes say "bug fixes". .well they created this bug themselves.

It's not like they're developing a DLC for the game or anything.

12 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

And it is weird to think that kids born after the Ps3/360 era will likely never understand how much different it actually was back then, when the only steps required for playing a console game included buying said game and inserting it into the tray. PC gamers are used to messing around with different things to get everything working correctly, it's ideally not a problem that console gamers should have to contend with. But alas, this is a new era.

Keep in mind, however, that back in the 90s and before that, having an internet connection was considered a luxury, not like now, when we are taking it for granted.

This meant that games were probably also tested more thoroughly insofar as that likely meant that what shipped was going to stay that way for good. I would go a few generations further back though, as by the PS3/X360 era digital downloads became common.

16 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

they have lost their main selling point, which is accessibility and ease of use. There just seems little point in buying a console these days except to play exclusive games.

Perhaps, but there's another IMO, which I kept mentioning: It might pay off more if you're on a tight budget. You could just get a console and play the games your PC can't run.

32 minutes ago, seed said:

Perhaps, but there's another IMO, which I kept mentioning: It might pay off more if you're on a tight budget. You could just get a console and play the games your PC can't run.

Idk that this is gonna continue to be the case if the trend continues, especially the more that consoles become mini computers. The only thing consoles retain over pc's is the ability to not be upgraded, making things more simple for the end user. First, console prices are going way up and you can get a decent pc for the same price as a console; even laptops with a decent graphics card and mid-to-good-range gaming setup go for like 7-800 and the new ps5 isn't much cheaper than that. Beyond that, consoles don't play games at the same quality as pc's can, so you can't even compare the price of a console to that of a top end pc. Newer consoles also have problems with backwards compatibility, to the point that it has become a selling point for different models of new gen consoles, further increasing the price and/or necessitating having multiple consoles to play all the games one may want to play. 

I do still believe that consoles are generally cheaper now, but I also can't help but note that there are a lot of hidden costs finding their way into the console market, and that's never minding the online subscription per month costs. By the time the ps6 comes out console users will likely have spent more money on it than they would have on a similarly spec'd pc.

25 minutes ago, seed said:

Keep in mind, however, that back in the 90s and before that, having an internet connection was considered a luxury, not like now, when we are taking it for granted.

Yeah I remember - IIRC, most if not all of my game updates came from gamer magazine floppies or CDROMs. My first internet connection was 14kbps over a modem on my phone line, so didn't really get used for massive downloads. I definitely think that the advent of decent speed always-on broadband has in part fuelled the practice of release-then-patch.

And to reiterate comments here, game dev is hugely complex now compared to 30 years ago (4FDDs for Doom2, 50GB download for Doom2016...) and the ecosystem of target hardware is also much larger, not only in terms of people who own gaming hardware of some flavour, but the number of different gaming systems is also much greater. Therefore the combination of possible environments on which a game could be played is pretty huge. A massively complex program like Doom Eternal will have millions of lines of code and I suspect that even with extensive functional and UAT testing, many bugs would not be found. The same applies to patches.

I'm a programmer in real life, and I know that sometimes fixing X will have an unexpected impact on Y. As said above, if a bug so created is reported correctly and is reproducible, then it will be put in a queue to fix and will likely be triaged and prioritized by severity and proportion of target deployments affected. This queue will then be worked on in order by the appropriate developers. A bug only affecting 1% of target deployments will sadly have a much lower priority than a similar bug affecting 80%. Very annoying for the minority deployment combo users, but an economic reality.

23 hours ago, Fonze said:

Idk that this is gonna continue to be the case if the trend continues, especially the more that consoles become mini computers. The only thing consoles retain over pc's is the ability to not be upgraded, making things more simple for the end user. First, console prices are going way up and you can get a decent pc for the same price as a console; even laptops with a decent graphics card and mid-to-good-range gaming setup go for like 7-800 and the new ps5 isn't much cheaper than that. Beyond that, consoles don't play games at the same quality as pc's can, so you can't even compare the price of a console to that of a top end pc. Newer consoles also have problems with backwards compatibility, to the point that it has become a selling point for different models of new gen consoles, further increasing the price and/or necessitating having multiple consoles to play all the games one may want to play. 

I do still believe that consoles are generally cheaper now, but I also can't help but note that there are a lot of hidden costs finding their way into the console market, and that's never minding the online subscription per month costs. By the time the ps6 comes out console users will likely have spent more money on it than they would have on a similarly spec'd pc.

That is true, if their price continues to increase it's going to become a self-defeating proposition to buy one over a more powerful PC, but as it stands, that kind of hardware is still nowhere near cheap, so if you're building a PC with that in mind, well, you better have the money for it, otherwise, no can do.

I see the issue of monthly fees keeps getting mentioned, but unless that changed, the PS4 only required one for multiplayer games, or the multiplayer component of said games, don't remember how it was exactly, and older gen of PS were free. So if you're a singleplayer kind of person, then it would have been a good choice. But there was still another difference in pricing - iirc the console versions were always quite a bit more expensive than the PC version, I don't know how different was this for digital copies, but for physical ones that was definitely the case, which was not particularly great, since hard PC copies were noticeably cheaper.

22 hours ago, smeghammer said:

Yeah I remember - IIRC, most if not all of my game updates came from gamer magazine floppies or CDROMs. My first internet connection was 14kbps over a modem on my phone line, so didn't really get used for massive downloads. I definitely think that the advent of decent speed always-on broadband has in part fueled the practice of release-then-patch.

Indeed.

Back then there was considerably more pressure to make sure everything worked fine at launch, as the game may or may not receive any further patches, which came either on CDs, floppy disks, and once internet got more popular, by downloading the update from the developer's website.

Now, that's not really the case anymore, but then you face another potential problem - you may not get the green light to patch the game any further in the first place.

Edited by seed

1 hour ago, seed said:

Oh, I know, it was more of an observation of how much of a different experience kids today will have, compared to the experience we had when we were kids (I'm 25, I'm assuming we're around the same age).

That's the biggest draw of owning a console, but when I built my first PC, the biggest draw was that I could use it to play games from consoles I never had/couldn't afford. I'm talking about older stuff of course, but I never owned a NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, etc. My first console was the original Playstation. As I got older, I wanted to see games from other consoles that I missed, so my only option was to buy old consoles and games, or get a PC good enough to use for emulation. I bought the cheapest computer I could find at Wallyworld, about $230 iirc. It worked fine for the emulators I wanted to use, so in the end, it broadened my horizons and saved me money. 

I also used it to burn PsX games and did that dumb disk-swap trick with the PsX to play the games that didn't work good on the emulator. Then I burned about 800 Wii games that I never played. Anytime I'd play something on the Wii, it was something stupid like Defend Your Castle or Boom Blocks.

Also, I think it's funny that the best discussions here tend to happen on the dumbest threads.

I mean there are literally so many ways to reach out to id software devs via social media, mail, tagging, etc to voice your issue encountered... I am just flabbergasted by OP's rant directed at everyone *but* those who can actually make said fixes.

More so, I have never really had the opportunity in my life to use the word 'flabbergasted' and this was that opportune moment to do so. In that respect i say 'thank you' OP.

Edited by Buckshot

1 hour ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Oh, I know, it was more of an observation of how much of a different experience kids today will have, compared to the experience we had when we were kids (I'm 25, I'm assuming we're around the same age).

That's the biggest draw of owning a console, but when I built my first PC, the biggest draw was that I could use it to play games from consoles I never had/couldn't afford. I'm talking about older stuff of course, but I never owned a NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, etc. My first console was the original Playstation. As I got older, I wanted to see games from other consoles that I missed, so my only option was to buy old consoles and games, or get a PC good enough to use for emulation. I bought the cheapest computer I could find at Wallyworld, about $230 iirc. It worked fine for the emulators I wanted to use, so in the end, it broadened my horizons and saved me money. 

I also used it to burn PsX games and did that dumb disk-swap trick with the PsX to play the games that didn't work good on the emulator. Then I burned about 800 Wii games that I never played. Anytime I'd play something on the Wii, it was something stupid like Defend Your Castle or Boom Blocks.

Also, I think it's funny that the best discussions here tend to happen on the dumbest threads.

Yeah, we're derailing this topic like crazy now, so I think we should stop at this.

We are indeed of roughly the same age, you're older than be by a year (and a half I think?). As for emulators, yeah there's another nice thing for PC, but I personally find it too time-consuming overall. As a kid I only ever owned NES clones, I basically grew up on the NES, then moved to PC on a Win95 machine, but I never owned any other console afterwards.

The only emulators I use are, as a result, NES ones. The problem is that not all emulators are created equal, and some of them offer just a subpar experience. For NES, SNES, PSX, PSP, and I think some Xbox stuff maybe there's nice options, for other systems, not so much. And they also take quite some time to set up. For someone used to the process it's probably no big deal, but for a newcomer it's too much hassle to go through the entire process of setting everything up... So usually, if a platform exclusive game captures my attention, I just watch a let's play instead.

13 minutes ago, Buckshot said:

I mean there are literally so many ways to reach out to id softwared devs via social media, mail, tagging, etc to voice your issue encountered, I am just flabbergasted by OP's rant directed at everyone *but* those who can actually make said fixes.

More so, I have never really had the opportunity in my life to use the word 'flabbergasted' and this was that opportune moment to do so. In that respect i say thank you, OP.

Excellent usage of 'flabbergasted' if I may say so!

9 hours ago, Enforcer said:

Yeah. I bet you woudn't even mind if the next patch would turn Revenants pink or something. You could still play the game right? 

Would actually be kind of neat to see.

Honestly though - You have been given plentiful redirection to the precise outlets to get feedback, including tagging. All you are doing besides writing a letter is being complaintive. The issue you are having is one that, i quote, ''cannot unsee''. Whilst it is a peculiar error, and possibly a bug, its not gamebreaking to the event that it becomes notice to a lot of people. Its just you, who ''cannot unsee'' this.

You are making this into a far bigger issue than what it really is. Whose issue is that, really?

The thing is that It's been like that for quite a while. And the issue is very apparent. And it wasn't fixed in the last patch. That means somebody is sleeping on their job. Spoiled attitude or not.

No, that means that you continue to act in a very condescending and ultimately ill-speaking manner towards a developer. How do you know they are sleeping on their job? Surely not because of this flaw! You are coming that close to calling developers lazy, in which case your point becomes bunk.

Even with big studios that are known to deliver less polished games, such as Ubisoft, one should never underestimate the effort put into games today - Especially in a time where most developers are forced to work from home, with family and kids residing alongside them.

Are you taking any of that in account? Or are you one of those folks that goes ''Fuck them, got mine'' because you bought the game and this nasty flaw has to be fixed stat?

Your flaw isn't game breaking. Its just that, a flaw. Stop acting like the game becomes a total mess because of this issue that you ''cannot unsee''.

Take your misplaced entitlement elsewhere.

Yeah. I bet you woudn't even mind if the next patch would turn Revenants pink or something. You could still play the game right? 

I don't particularly like any visual glitch. I don't like videogame bugs in general. However I have the capacity to understand that bugs will be fixed in a game which will have long term dev support. There's a pandemic going off right now, so progress will be much slower than originally expected - who'd have thought?!

I don't enjoy the glitchy nature of Lost Souls, or the audio bug when you experience unwanted ambient sounds in-game after browsing the map screen.

Yeah. They are probably working hard on their next dlc so they can make money. Everything else would have to wait. Who cares about guys on their base game on PS4. .Isn't it sad? 

Campaign DLC is their priority because people paid in good faith for a Year One Pass. Now if id/Bethesda failed in their end of this exchange then there would actually be a reason for people to act out like you are doing here.

Finally, for what it's worth, I actually prefer both the classic Revenant skin from Battlemode and the 2016 design. Maybe I should express my disgust over Twitter about this...

10 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

Even with big studios that are known to deliver less polished games, such as Ubisoft, one should never underestimate the effort put into games today - Especially in a time where most developers are forced to work from home, with family and kids residing alongside them.

Ah yes, let's also not forget the environment people are working from these days, considering the current climate worldwide.

Doing patches takes time and lots of work, and that's further amplified by the current circumstances.

i only go on doomworld every couple days, and i'm glad to see that most people defended the point that id is full of humans too, and not evil corporate people. as far as complaining about them prioritizing the dlc over a bug that a couple people have, they announced the DLC a LONG, LONG, time ago. they announced that it would be out within 1 year of the release date of DE and considering the shitstorm we had around the soundtrack, they probably want to avoid another rushed clusterfuck of a release by putting all of their resources into these DLCs.

53 minutes ago, seed said:

Ah yes, let's also not forget the environment people are working from these days, considering the current climate worldwide.

Doing patches takes time and lots of work, and that's further amplified by the current circumstances.

totally, this was one of the points i was getting at, these people are HUMAN. they have FAMILIES TO TAKE CARE OF. they have lives outside of id. they don't just constantly 24/7 look for every possible bug (especially ones that affect a small amount of people, as unfortunate as it is). they aren't corporate overlords like the internet herd mentality thinks they are. almost all occupations have been affected by the current world conditions, but for some reason, these PEOPLE that really care about the content they're producing. i don't understand why people don't have the patience for anybody just doing their job DURING A GLOBAL PANDEMIC whether it be game design, customer service, or retail right now. it's the most spoiled, entitled behavior and it is so disrespectful to the people that work hard on this team to assume that all of them are just producing this game just for greedy purposes, once again, they have families to take care of during these tough times.

Another 3.7GB patch! ! ! The bug is still there. But it got a bit better I think :D Oh well. .let's give these guys some more time. I'm sure they will figure out how to defeat this nasty bug once and for all! 

1 hour ago, Enforcer said:

Another 3.7GB patch! ! ! The bug is still there.

Maybe its a personal bug.

This might be a revolutionary thought.

I'm sure they will figure out how to defeat this nasty bug once and for all! 

When i read about the kind of bugs that actually ruin games - I don't think of bugs like the one you describe.

I think of bugs that actually ruin games.

Can't believe you care so much about something so minor that will eventually be fixed.

Seems to be an LOD issue to me, it loads the wrong texture with distance. But anyway, this is minor. Just be patient, no wonder it was not fixed yet, because in the grand scheme of things, no, it is not that important.

Another 3.7GB patch! ! ! The bug is still there. But it got a bit better I think :D Oh well. .let's give these guys some more time. I'm sure they will figure out how to defeat this nasty bug once and for all! 

Holy shit you're still posting here? I thought you would've gotten over this by now.

Chill out dude, it'll be fixed eventually, id has much more important stuff to work on then this.

After watching that video, it looks like you’re just screwing around with the aiming at the zombie. It’s like you’re trying to break the game deliberately or something.

Which is fun to do at times when you actually do find a hidden bug or glitch. I found a MAJOR bug in Hitman Blood Money. It is technically game breaking, and is found on ALL console versions of the game ever released, yes from PS2 to the current console ports. I don’t think it happens on PC, but I haven’t tested for that. 

We can assume that beta testers IOI hired didn’t play with their controller how I was that fateful day. Pressing the analog stick upward while throwing a body over a specific railing will cause Agent 47 to become a paraplegic who can move by sliding on the ground but can’t move his legs, who can’t use his guns but is seen as armed by the guards. The guards will kill you no matter what you try to do, you are defenseless. You have to get killed or reboot the game in order to correct the problem. The menu wont even work until you die or reboot. They didn’t find this bug because there’s technically zero reason to need to use the right analog stick while performing a “toss over railing” action in the game. So the bug was never noticed. 

I could’ve acted the way you did about this. Or, I could record the footage, post it online and document the problem, and leave it at that without resorting to claiming the devs and testers just don’t care. Which is exactly what I did when I found that bug in Blood Money. I documented it, detected exactly how it is triggered, and recorded footage of the bug taking effect. Please, take the responses you’ve been getting as a learning lesson on how to discuss issues with people online. 

With that said.. You have a much better chance of seeing this bug get fixed in DE than I do for the Hitman bug, but guess what? If I don’t throw that NPC over that balcony while holding in the analog stick... the action works as expected. What I’m getting at here is from what I’ve seen here, this is the type of bug you can easily overlook. It’s also NOT gamebreaking. You’ll still be able to play the game even if the damage disappears. 

edit:

Spoiler

just for those curious

Edited by Gerolf : added video

41 minutes ago, Gerolf said:

We can assume that beta testers IOI hired didn’t play with their controller how I was that fateful day. Pressing the analog stick upward while throwing a body over a specific railing will cause Agent 47 to become a paraplegic who can move by sliding on the ground but can’t move his legs, who can’t use his guns but is seen as armed by the guards. The guards will kill you no matter what you try to do, you are defenseless. You have to get killed or reboot the game in order to correct the problem. The menu wont even work until you die or reboot. They didn’t find this bug because there’s technically zero reason to need to use the right analog stick while performing a “toss over railing” action in the game. So the bug was never noticed. 

Indeed.

It is often overlooked that some bugs are triggered only under highly specific circumstances, and by doing very unusual things that would normally not cross a tester's mind, but someone, somewhere out there in the wild, will do most unusual things and perhaps manage to break the game somehow.

As a small anecdote from my experience, back when we first released version 0.7 of Raze, I remember there were two rather interesting edge cases that managed to slip into it, one was related to autoaiming in Duke which didn't work for the hitscan weapons when using a keyboard only setup, but did work for mouse control. Now who would have thought of something like that? It worked for mouse, so why wouldn't it work for keyboard aiming, right?

The other was related to the turrets in SW when using a very specific combination of mouse and keyboard input which led to the player's view getting locked if I recall correctly. The conditions to trigger it were rather difficult as well, which took a few attempts to truly fix it.

In tl;dr fashion, what I'm saying is that finding and fixing bugs is no easy job, the difficulty of playtesting is often grossly underestimated, and bugs slip in all the time, often discovered later, sometimes never depending on the conditions required to trigger them. And once they are found, their priority will be determined based on their severity. Smaller issues will always take the backseat against critical ones, it's simply how it works. A small LOD bug as insignificant as this is just that, in the grand scheme of things: insignificant.

I used to share this "pff, lazy devs care only for money hurr durr" mindset in my teenage years, but age and especially experience can teach you a lot of things. And bitching on a comments section or a forum instead of filing bug reports is a guaranteed recipe for never seeing your bugs ever fixed, period.

I felt the game got more buggy too after the new path on PS4, 3 Times the level got stuck and the first bullet from the chaingun is much louder than the rest. Played up to the final level and never had these problems until after the patch.

On 12/3/2020 at 11:37 PM, seed said:

Indeed.

It is often overlooked that some bugs are triggered only under highly specific circumstances, and by doing very unusual things that would normally not cross a tester's mind, but someone, somewhere out there in the wild, will do most unusual things and perhaps manage to break the game somehow.

As a small anecdote from my experience, back when we first released version 0.7 of Raze, I remember there were two rather interesting edge cases that managed to slip into it, one was related to autoaiming in Duke which didn't work for the hitscan weapons when using a keyboard only setup, but did work for mouse control. Now who would have thought of something like that? It worked for mouse, so why wouldn't it work for keyboard aiming, right?

The other was related to the turrets in SW when using a very specific combination of mouse and keyboard input which led to the player's view getting locked if I recall correctly. The conditions to trigger it were rather difficult as well, which took a few attempts to truly fix it.

In tl;dr fashion, what I'm saying is that finding and fixing bugs is no easy job, the difficulty of playtesting is often grossly underestimated, and bugs slip in all the time, often discovered later, sometimes never depending on the conditions required to trigger them. And once they are found, their priority will be determined based on their severity. Smaller issues will always take the backseat against critical ones, it's simply how it works. A small LOD bug as insignificant as this is just that, in the grand scheme of things: insignificant.

I used to share this "pff, lazy devs care only for money hurr durr" mindset in my teenage years, but age and especially experience can teach you a lot of things. And bitching on a comments section or a forum instead of filing bug reports is a guaranteed recipe for never seeing your bugs ever fixed, period.

On 12/3/2020 at 10:59 PM, Gerolf said:

After watching that video, it looks like you’re just screwing around with the aiming at the zombie. It’s like you’re trying to break the game deliberately or something.

Which is fun to do at times when you actually do find a hidden bug or glitch. I found a MAJOR bug in Hitman Blood Money. It is technically game breaking, and is found on ALL console versions of the game ever released, yes from PS2 to the current console ports. I don’t think it happens on PC, but I haven’t tested for that. 

I could’ve acted the way you did about this. Or, I could record the footage, post it online and document the problem, and leave it at that without resorting to claiming the devs and testers just don’t care. Which is exactly what I did when I found that bug in Blood Money. I documented it, detected exactly how it is triggered, and recorded footage of the bug taking effect. Please, take the responses you’ve been getting as a learning lesson on how to discuss issues with people online. 

With that said.. You have a much better chance of seeing this bug get fixed in DE than I do for the Hitman bug, but guess what? If I don’t throw that NPC over that balcony while holding in the analog stick... the action works as expected. What I’m getting at here is from what I’ve seen here, this is the type of bug you can easily overlook. It’s also NOT gamebreaking. You’ll still be able to play the game even if the damage disappears. 

edit:

Reveal hidden contents

just for those curious

Bugs that are triggered only under specific circumstances?? To notice this bug you must: 1. Shoot a dude. 2. Walk away from him. 3. Come close to him. You do it pretty often in this game believe it or not. And to notice this shit all you have to do is play the game. Now. .if there's a ton of people who think that this is nothing serious and gamebreaking. Fine. For me it's a gamebreaker. I don't want to play a game where every 3rd enemy is flickering. Takes you out of the experience pretty fast. And it's a shame because I really like this game. I already wrote a letter to iD and I already explained the problem a long time ago. I don't know what else I can do. I'm bitching?? Wow. .you don't know what bitching is apparently. Am I frustrated that something that obvious hasn't been fixed yet after all these months?? Sure. But you know what. .I'm getting over it. Right now I'm just having a laugh everytime these guys release a patch. I'm just curious. Will they ever fix it? Will a guy at iD pick up a PS4 controller, launch a game and say "WTF?? This isn't right. Hey guys. .something's up with the game." Will it ever happen?? Will the PS4 crowd be saved by some hawk-eyed tester??   

NOPE! Not after a 1.12 patch that came out 4 days ago. . 

Now. .if there's a ton of people who think that this is nothing serious and gamebreaking. Fine. For me it's a gamebreaker. 

Fine, but please also keep in mind that you're alone in your approach to this.

For me it's a gamebreaker.

By definition, gamebreaker means that it make the game unplayeable, unbeatable or in a worst case, just crash you out, and in the worst case, it damage your console/PC.

What you are experiencing is ''moodbreaker'', and for that reason, Id prioritized the ''gamebreaker'' bugs and left for later the cosmetic or aesthetic bugs that could ''moodbreak'' some players, but most people understand as something that could happen and its not damaging at all.

Its kinda funny that you think that they are not aware of that.

I betatest some games a few years ago, and when i sent the summary of bugs that i found, those kind of visual bug were always left as last kind of fix.

why? because when you fix a gamebreaking bug, probably some visual bugs will sprung out.

So, most, developers first aim for stability on their product and then for aesthetic.

Also, you may found it annoying, but maybe people out there think it as a feature.

When i first saw your video i thought that it was pretty mind fucking and cool, an interesting way to show how the enemy face was changing.

Kinda like hellish morphing.

But well, as most people say, take it easy.

You won't die because this isn't fix.

So enjoy it as it is right now, or play another thing until its fixed.

A wall eventually gives when pushed long enough. Enforcer here however is just surprised that nobody else besides him considers this a bug.*

Spoiler

*It literally is a level-of-detail setting (LOD) and perhaps its set too aggressively. When you look at games like Assassins Creed, Deus Ex or Fallout 4, flickering will occur in the distance. That's LOD swapping a low res asset in for a high res one. Doom Eternal does the exact same thing but for microdetail - which is what Enforcer is po'ed about.

Its literally a nothingburger and not a bug, but a parameter that perhaps is set a tad too aggressively. But lets not formulate that with decency, nope, not at all..

9 hours ago, thewormofautumn said:

Just fired the game up on Xbox, PC (Bethesda’s launcher) and PC again (Game Pass ultimate)

I can’t replicate this bug

must just be you, sorry bro

I can only speak for the PS4 version dude. I think the other versions are fine. That's why these hawk-eyed testers are having a tough time spotting it.