Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Acid-Seltzer

A Hole for Meat 2.0 - GZDOOM - Doom 2

This is a single map WAD I've been building on and off for the past year. This the 2nd version of this map that I've released publically, 1.0 is here if you want to compare and contrast; 

Name: A Hole for Meat

Game: Doom 2

Format: UDMF

Port: GZDOOM

• No crouching/jumping.
  • Mouselook permitted and required.

Description: Fairly long single map WAD, perhaps double the length of your average vanilla doom level. Saving is recommended. Consists of two forking routes that can be tackled in either order and a final third route leading up to a boss gauntlet. All assets used in the creation of this map are vanilla, including enemies, textures, music tracks, weapons, etc.

Download: A Hole For Meat 2.0 Hotfix 1.zip

Gallery:

Bloodletting ChamberDarkened HallsTechbase HallwayHell WorldShrineCage

MeatVoid

Enroaching ImpsSewers

Edited by Acid-Seltzer : Updated to Hotfix 1

Pretty cool map, mate. My only real complaint is the ammo starvation given the number of large encounters. Besides that, I had a whale of a time. Map design/layout is interesting and varied, progression is interesting and the combat was fun. Lovely stuff!

8 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

Pretty cool map, mate. My only real complaint is the ammo starvation given the number of large encounters. Besides that, I had a whale of a time. Map design/layout is interesting and varied, progression is interesting and the combat was fun. Lovely stuff!

Thanks so much for showing this off! It means a lot to see people enjoying something I made. I'll be comin out with some fixes very shortly to address some of the problems you had.

Hotfix 1:

• Fixed a switch activated door locking after a single use.
  • Enhanced the visibility of the Blue keycard.
  • Made a door in the pinkie room slightly more visible from the entrance.
  • Added a greater number of health pickups to the final boss room.
  • Added a BFG and Plasma gun into the hallway leading up to the boss room. Having a surplus of ammo before reaching this point is still dependent on exploration and scrounging.

A Hole for Meat 2.0

Ultra_Violence || GZDoom || Vanilla++

*Deaths: 0

*Saves: none

Screenshot-Doom-20201204-165322.png

(Aaahhh!, No!, No the Pinkies!!) (Sorry, I had to do the joke again)

Screenshot-Doom-20201204-165445.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201204-165655.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201204-170053.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201204-170747.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201204-171021.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201204-171300.png

(This brings back interesting memories...)

Screenshot-Doom-20201204-171353.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201204-171459.png

(Friend, you really must fix this door that suffers from that ugly softlock that does not allow the input to be activated again, because in my case, I had to use "noclip" to enter there, and it will not be the only time you will see this Later I will show you other kinds of problems that I had of this type.)

Screenshot-Doom-20201204-173240.png

(The Redroom...)

Screenshot-Doom-20201204-173402.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201204-173412.png

(Inside if it is possible to open the door again)

Screenshot-Doom-20201204-173425.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201204-173512.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201204-173607.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201204-173723.png

("Uuoohh... Shake it baby")

Screenshot-Doom-20201204-173757.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201204-174040.png

(Aaaaaaahhhh!!!, DIIIIEEEEE Basters!!)

Screenshot-Doom-20201204-174202.png

(10 minutes of Chainsaw later)

Screenshot-Doom-20201204-174621.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201204-174842.png

(Creepy... again...)

Screenshot-Doom-20201204-174902.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201204-175025.png

(Don't grab the SoulSphere thinking that I could pick it up later... what a stupid thing I came up with, because it was too late when I regretted it...)

Screenshot-Doom-20201204-175123.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201204-175256.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201204-175349.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201204-180801.png

(I couldn't find 2 enemies missing from the map, although that doesn't surprise me either, because curiously, and very much a coincidence, in the original version I also needed 2 or 1 enemies, I really don't remember well.)

Screenshot-Doom-20201204-190732.png

Well, regarding this map, I really have certain things to say about it, but clearly, a good part of what I saw here will have to be taken into account a bit of the opinion that I gave in the first version, of course, without taking into It tells of the huge area that was no longer present here, although I really missed it because it was fun to be to the top of the platform to kill Arachnatrons and Cacodemons without the Marine falling from where it was, but hey, visually, there is no Many changes with respect to the previous version, you preferred to leave certain things from the original so as not to give many turns in the matter, but from the area where it was large and tall before, it was replaced by a much smaller area, with different rooms / more varied places to explore, something obviously not seen in the original, but despite wanting to give more variety to the map, I must also emphasize again that there were many parts in which they caused me confusion for not understanding very well where you had to go to make progress, the most obvious example of this was the room where you got the blue key, there, because of the softlock that has that door where it was activated when you pressed that green button, I spent a lot of time going around the place looking for the key, and it would not be until I saw the Biodegradable gameplay to find out that the entrance was there, there are other sites that have softlock but for now that is one one of the main ones that caused me ugly annoyance towards me, for the rest, the arrangement of the red door that had an ugly problem in the original version was good, replacing it with an elevator, and the final battle zone was really fantastic, then, Regarding the visual area, I do not have much problem except for the inconvenience I had for the area of the blue key.

Here the difficulty was also increased in a certain way, but without ruining much of what was already seen in the original, so seeing certain creatures from the first version back was good, and that the gameplay has not become frustrating during the confrontations is something that should really be appreciated, including the part of the final fight, so, without a doubt, this new version is quite decent and well achieved in my opinion, very good work partner.

Edited by ElPadrecitoCholo

2 hours ago, Acid-Seltzer said:

Hotfix 1:

• Fixed a switch activated door locking after a single use.
  • Enhanced the visibility of the Blue keycard.
  • Made a door in the pinkie room slightly more visible from the entrance.
  • Added a greater number of health pickups to the final boss room.
  • Added a BFG and Plasma gun into the hallway leading up to the boss room. Having a surplus of ammo before reaching this point is still dependent on exploration and scrounging.

Damn it, Oh well, better to find out late than never, I guess...

Edited by ElPadrecitoCholo