Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
randomgamerguy1997

Doom 3 - 16 Years Later: An LGR Retrospective

I'm not a LGR fan, but I have to say that was a good video. I have good memories with the game. The atmosphere of it really creeped into my mind and were re-surfaced by watching this video. My first built computer was to run Doom 3. Not run it well, but run it enough that it was playable and within my limited budget.

Gah. I'm old. Wow, he even used an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro too like me back then! I still have the original CD retail game! I didn't know it existed for Mac OS X. I should try that in my PB G4 from 2002. Does anyone know where to get its old binaries? :D

MANN, I remember playing Doom 3 in a intel integraded GPU at 35 fps, on 2009, in low settings, but what a mood of nostlagia bring me some of the levels in that video.

Make me apreciated to replay it again at proper FPS with full settings-

I'm the winner here then, Geforce 2 MX 32 MB. And it was much slower than that, probably even lower than low tweaking the ini. Heh.

On 11/7/2020 at 3:33 PM, Vic Vos said:

I played it with a Geforce 5200 FX. Several times.

Know my pain.

Xbox. Not 360. 

On 11/7/2020 at 3:36 PM, sluggard said:

This makes me want to try and replay the game once again.

On 11/6/2020 at 11:47 PM, ant said:

Gah. I'm old. Wow, he even used an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro too like me back then! I still have the original CD retail game! I didn't know it existed for Mac OS X. I should try that in my PB G4 from 2002. Does anyone know where to get its old binaries? :D

I'm replaying it with dhewm3 (also MacOS is supported)

https://dhewm3.org/

I take this opportunity for a question: has the Wulfen project for high resolution textures ever been completed?
I downloaded an archive and it works, but some textures remain in low resolution.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, antiriad said:

I take this opportunity for a question: has the Wulfen project for high resolution textures ever been completed?
I downloaded an archive and it works, but some textures remain in low resolution.

Doom 3 Redux seems to have the most "complete" texture upgrades ATM, even has higher-res UI.

On 11/7/2020 at 7:41 PM, drfrag said:

I'm the winner here then, Geforce 2 MX 32 MB. And it was much slower than that, probably even lower than low tweaking the ini. Heh.

You got me beat, I played it with a GF3 at 15-20 fps.

I first played it on a laptop in its release year and it was far below the requirements.

Edited by Avoozl

I'm replaying it at the moment with dhewm3 + redux at 4K / 60fps, close to the end of the campaign and having a great time.

The first and only previous time I played it was at release in 2004 on a laptop with a radeon mobility X600, at around 20 fps.

Game look fantastic in 2020 with the redux mod which overhaul some textures while preserving the original vibe, and hires PDA with fonts that look better than many current games.

When I'm done with the campaign, I will play RoE for the first time ever.

5 minutes ago, The Strife Commando said:

Not a fan of LGR.

You felt the need to bump this thread just to say that?

Just now, Ajora said:

You felt the need to bump this thread just to say that?

I should have also put "but Doom 3 is a good shooter on its own."