Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I posted my newest project today - Bloodworks at this address:
http://www.doomwadstation.suhost.com/descent/bloodworks.html

This wad relies heavily on 3d effects and also has new music, a new sound (for ambience), All new textures (taken from a texture wad released for public use a couple of months ago) plus a few of my own textures mixed in. I did my best to not only make this wad LOOK good but PLAY good and I think I accomplished my goal. You won't be bored.
I put about 2 months into this project so whether you like, hate it or love it, please email me and let me know what you thought.
Thanks.

I grabbed Bloodworks off your page. I really enjoyed it!

I sure love those textures. Nick sure did a great job on those. I intend to use his textures on an upcoming map of my own.

The ambient sounds in the map are very cool. Good use of 3D.
First run 17 minutes, second run 12 minutes. The music fit the map perfectly.

Nice job on the map, very cool environment. Interesting use of blood dripping off the ceiling.

Runs great with Legacy 1.4 and Zdoom 2.0 dated 8/27/02 on my system.

I also noticed the map was in incoming, so looks like we both get a review this week.

Headed back for a third run right now.

Brad_tilf said:

So, has anybody tried it yet?

Yup me.

I enjoyed it too. Good gameplay. A lot of tight areas, but suitable monsters for them, and of a type that I enjoy fighting. The "building" itself was disgusting (in a good way), with all that flowing blood and those hanging corpses everywhere. That blood running noise was annoying, in the way I suspect it was supposed to be. IE if this was real, you'd be glad to get out of that place for a whole host of reasons, one of them being the noise, so it works IMO.

The logic of the map was straight forward enough that I spent very little time wondering what to do, but complex enough not to be a simple walk from A to B. And of course, excellent and extensive use of "3D" architcecture.

Played the 38Special version using Zdoom 2.0.41 and all was fine.

Glad to see some mother f*ckers still makin kick ass levels...! It shows that doom will never die... ah hahaha!!!! Oh by the way, this wad kicked ass!!!

Epyo said:

sig..blah..."Do Lords Mow?"

Dammit, this has annoyed me for some time! WTF, are you asking if holy people mow their lawns, or if members of British Parliament cut the grass???

Biffy said:

Dammit, this has annoyed me for some time! WTF, are you asking if holy people mow their lawns, or if members of British Parliament cut the grass???

:)
mix up the letters for "Doomworlds"
eheh, I was waiting for someone to ask.

Epyo said:

eheh, I was waiting for someone to ask.

Good thing you weren't holding your breath!