Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

I don't think it's been released yet but I remember seeing screenshots and videos of this Doom 3 inspired WAD with amazing visuals either here or in the GZDoom forums, it was early this year and I completely forgot its name.

I found it

Edited by dustarma : found it

On 11/1/2020 at 12:38 PM, roboticmehdi2 said:

Any idea what map mod is this ?

Screenshot_Doom_20201026_221105.png

Looks like something from Team rocket 2, ZDCMP or Hurt. I recognise the skull texture but not sure it's originally made from the wad.
The green marble chair thingy looks like something from Oblige, but Oblige only uses custom textures from itself.

On 11/9/2020 at 2:02 AM, Raleigh said:

A months ago, one user on youtube requested me a video of me playing a really old Doom wad called "WHISKEY.WAD"

This is what he said me about it:

"it was just a single map where you're on like a helicopter strip and zombiemen are coming at you then you storm the base. It was for Doom 1. It wasn't great but nobody has a video of it on YouTube." He claimed he had it some years ago."

"whiskey doesn't seem to be on ID Games anymore or at all and Google came up with 0, which stressed me out because I had it some years ago." Said me exactly.

Someone played something alike or have it? Thanks

Can you give me the video? I wan't more details.

On mercredi 25 novembre 2020 at 10:33 AM, HitBoi64 said:

Looks like something from Team rocket 2, ZDCMP or Hurt.

It's not from either ZDCMP and I don't think it's from Hurt.

I just remembered one that I cannot find and played many many years ago and had a characteristic scene where you get out of an inside area, climbing down from some stairs and in your view is an outside area where in the corner hangs some kind of radial sculpture high above you. It was a single level map, that detail of that area was one thing that stand out (even the review I must have seen it had this screenshot). It's so long ago and can't remember the name.

what_wad_is_this.png.6b0d53355fae6a19a17b8acd8d561fbe.png

4 hours ago, Grazza said:

Pretty sure that's Yesterday's Nightmare.

Yes! That's exactly it, thanks! I see now the structure is more involved than the one I drew, but the stairs go like this as I remember. I still admire the unique architecture of this map.

Looking for a map or the megawad its in that has a kind of a highway in it that has water next to it so the player has to watchout he doesn't fall and also some explosive barrels.The vibe of the level was kinda action movie like.

11 hours ago, kakroucz said:

Looking for a map or the megawad its in that has a kind of a highway in it that has water next to it so the player has to watchout he doesn't fall and also some explosive barrels.The vibe of the level was kinda action movie like.

I feel like this could have been Jenesis’s “Highway to Destruction” but I don’t think that it has any barrels in it

5 hours ago, kmxexii said:

I feel like this could have been Jenesis’s “Highway to Destruction” but I don’t think that it has any barrels in it

That wasn't it but thanks.Was thinking of what else was in the wad and remembered doomguy had two pistols.Looked through gameplay of the popular megawads and found it was deus vult 2,specifically map 1.

Heya fellow doomers.

I'm looking for a megawad that i played 2 years ago but got lost due to broken hdd :( it took me a while to restore my collection again for the most part but I could never find this wad.

I don't have alot to go on but the most memorable part for me was a level where you started in a small room that did lead outside where you got surrounded by a group of archnophytes (flying spidermasterminds) that shooted rockets as I can remember.

Maybe for someone it rings a bell i hope, cause I'm out of options, cheers.

I'm looking for a mod that lets me do quick swapping between weapons. In other words, being able to switch weapons without the reloading time, like in DE. For example: shooting with the SSG->shooting with the rocket launcher->shooting with the SSG again (without reloading). Thanks!!

Looking for a mod where you play as monsters and kill UAC marines, had an RPG mechanic where the more marines you kill you unlock higher tiers of monsters.

*** SOLVED! Thanks to Keyboard_Doomer! *** Scythe 2, Map 27 was searched! ***

Hi all,
I'm looking for an old map i played some years ago.
Thanks for any help to find it.

Here is what I know:

The Map could have been part of a set of maps or a megawad, i dont think it was a single map, but i could be wrong.
I think I remember the .wad had other levels of similar setup, texture and theme. but could be wrong here also.
It's most likely from before 2015, more like 2012-13 or earlier, could be even more earlier than that.
It's not in any Cacoawards maps, as I've gone through all of them.

Underground Halls, Castle, Church, Temple like.
More Medievel, Hellish.
Felt more liek a castle or temple, than a Techy World.
Greyish and darker Textures
No ceiling visible, or very high abobe and blacked out
No skymap

Doom2 engine and texture.
I dont think any or too much custom textures.

No weapon mods or custom weapons or enemies or anything alike.

Rather open setting, you can see area that are blocked by now but can be accesed later on.
you can also see items laying there, that are not yet retrievable yet, but later on.

Rough walkthrough how the map was played:
Iirc you started in the Main Hall(1),
from there you have to go east (2),
and get a key or switch and then come back to the Main Hall(1),
and from there go to area (3),
then come back to main hall and exit to the west (4).

A + B the 2 unique areas that i remember(green circles)

A: a secret, that you can go to right from the start. a small block in the bottom lets the player get high enough(no jumping), to get over the ledge and retrieve a megasphere (could be an Invulaerabily) on the other side.

B: A Hallway that you can look at, but it opens up later in the game.
   It has multiple Mancubus left and right the path on a higher leveled platforms.

Please ask, if i forgot any info and thanks for any help!

1967960870_doomlostmap.jpg.3c51b4de6d82cbe39e3b15570a3283ab.jpg

doomA.jpg

doomB.jpg

Edited by Oremor

3 hours ago, Keyboard_Doomer said:

@Oremor

This doesn't quite fit but I thought the description has too many similarities to be just a coincidence. It reminds me of the start area of Scythe 2 MAP27. Possibly some modification of this map?

That's it!

OMG! Thanks man! :)

I could swear i checked scythe 1+2, but somehow must have missed it.

I just played a bit and i see some things are off, bad memory i guess ;)

thanks that you still made it!

I was in search for a while man, thank you!! :)

Greetings!

So, I'm looking for this megawad that contained a level called "mutato" if I remember correctly, one of the secret levels if I recall, I've been looking all over the place and still can't find it. It was a level that constantly changed as you ran through it, I'd like to take a look at it in doombuilder, since I started mapping, for inspirationnal porpoises. Cheers

1 hour ago, Snark said:

So, I'm looking for this megawad that contained a level called "mutato" if I remember correctly, one of the secret levels if I recall, I've been looking all over the place and still can't find it. It was a level that constantly changed as you ran through it, I'd like to take a look at it in doombuilder, since I started mapping, for inspirationnal porpoises. Cheers

The level is likely MAP32: Mutare from Community Chest 4

YO YO YO WHAT IT IS!

i need some good festive doom maps and map packs.

i want to get in tha mood for crimby christmas, and celebrate the 1 year anniversarry of me building my 2nd doom map which was supposed to come out in march

I beg!
played this wad a couple of years ago on zdaemon in coop mode

VERY strange one and unique. monsters from different sources, almost random style.
as far as I remember there were also translucent monsters.
very fun and crazy gameplay, alot of mobs, i rememeber the last (i guess) map, where the monsters constantly falling from the sky on you

I remember people who played with me wrote to the chat "seems like this wad maded by some psychotic person"

yes, psychotic this is what you can call the style and feeling of wad