Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom Pictures Thread 2020

1 hour ago, Marn said:

Bro you might want to change your texture scaling options

Crazy you only mention the texture scaling and not the entire screenshot being nightmare-inducing lol.

8 hours ago, Marn said:

Bro you might want to change your texture scaling options

Definitely. :)  Thanks

It was actually a texture pack I was using that was the issue.

Edited by Doom OG

@BreezeepWait do you have a copy of that map? I made it a long time ago and I thought nobody kept a copy of it, including me. I mean it's a weird map I felt doing after watching Tarnsman's Maximum Doom playthroughs. 

Yeah, I still have it sitting on my files. It's a really neat and unconventional map, and I was hoping you would share it around.

Yeah I made it kinda 1994ish on purpose since I was on Tarnsman's Maximum Doom binge. I always wanted to update it a bit, making it slightly better-looking but I thought I destroyed all copies of it since it's really, like you said uncoventional. But I'm glad you kept a copy of that.

Thanks for sharing.

5 hours ago, SilverMiner said:

@ketmar Is it lightmaps or dynamic lighting?

this is completely dynamic shadow maps. nothing was prebacked, it's all real-time. so yes, you can move light sources and the shadows will change accordingly. ;-)

@MidnightMage it is in git only, no public build with those yet. also, it is very WIP. it's playable, but still has problems with moire (which looks like banding ;-) and such. but don't worry, they will be included in the next public build, i won't tease you with those pictures without giving a way to try it at home. ;-)

vRDwDjI.png

Finally getting some more progress done on my FarCry-inspired mod.

It took a lot of fiddling but I think I finally have a sturdy foundation that'll allow me to get a one map demo out.

28 minutes ago, nue said:

Is that Phobos by Roger Ritenour?

Yes, that beautiful mini-episode. Map 01 Hanger. I got shocked when I saw the takeoff.

9 minutes ago, Argenteo said:

Yes, that beautiful mini-episode. Map 01 Hanger. I got shocked when I saw the takeoff.

Yeah. He was for sure ahead of his time

jpSSwqJ.png

I did this silly thing. It's a skin for a Sokoban game, which is a game I have gotten quite obsessed with recently. The program's name is Sokoban YASC. I have a video of me solving this level, with instructions on how to apply the skin in its description. Here.

On 10/27/2020 at 1:56 PM, N1ck said:

image.png.76aa79ed6b31ebab988dd965c68ef799.png

To be released by this week.

Damn, I completely forgot to work on this. I swear I'll release it by the end of this year.

Edit: 420th post on Doomworld. Funny number haha.

A random, stupid idea for a map turns into a random, stupid map. I don't think I need to specify the thought behind this.

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20201209_134514.png.485b93df334f761ce87155c188e428ee.png

4 hours ago, MFG38 said:

A random, stupid idea for a map turns into a random, stupid map. I don't think I need to specify the thought behind this.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_Doom_20201209_134514.png.485b93df334f761ce87155c188e428ee.png

I hope those are all lower unpegged. 

I'm a filthy whore for Dev Textures - so here's some I've been working on. Obviously heavily influenced by the ones included with the Source Engine. 

5p9uwzR.png

8xDB5yN.png

34 minutes ago, OrbitalSpaceGarbage said:

I hope those are all lower unpegged. 

They're not, but in UDMF format, there's really no need for them to be either. You can set individual offsets for all the textures of a sidedef, which sort of eliminates the need for unpegging. Though I've just been auto-aligning the textures most of the time, which does the job more than well given the fact that I'm working with a single texture.