Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

cars??

well I may not be into cars, or know much about them. however i do know somethings. My brother on the otherhand can really talk pure bullshit. He lacks what many humans have, common sence.

anyway i told hime about a friend who blew up his engine. I told him that my friend was going to replace it and why i thought it was a bad idea, considering he could get a new car.
well my brother says "he should get an engine with 1000 hores power"
now as far as street cars, includeing sports cars, i am sure most of them max out just above 400. now i am sure a super rocket powered car may have that, but like i said i dont know that much about cars.

is there really an engine for a street legal car that is 1000 horse power.

also if he is right is he thinking of raw power, not includeing the work and stuff the engine does.

I think cadillac's Concept flagship, the "Cadillac Sixteen" boasts a 1000 horsepower. Stock 1000 Hp engines though? I doubt he could find one out there. My old beast has 180 and that's a poweful engine. besides Hp is irrelevant, there's so many other factors that contribute to a car's speed/power as well.

/me hugs his 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback that sits in the garage

I love you car, heh. Anyway, I too know little about cars but I do know what I like and I like my car ^_^

i know there are many, many factors that goes into an engine. I figure a good many cars are at or below 400, as for pure raceing i am sure they are at 1000. however those cars are not ment for road use.

had a firend who bought a used car for one reason only, it won a race. however the dumbass failed to see that while it was raced it was abused. A car that is raced wares faster and so the dumbass had to spend so much money on repairs.
also to show how dumb he really is the moron wanted to screetch his tires and such. so he reved it up in nutral and slamed it into drive. No more transmision, no more engine(had RPM's too high) and thus no more car

Sheez, umm, horsepower and speed should be on the bottom of the list of priorities when buying a car. Unless you're a professional racer, someone who tows 6-ton trailers up 20-degree hills for a living, or a bloody rich SO_, the main priorities should be reliability, fuel efficiency, safety.

I mean, you DO realize that a Geo Metro easily has the power to exceed the legal speed limit.

Oh, man. I feel left out. All I've got is my '87 Buick LeSabre. : /

Oh gn0 you got me started on cars!

/me gives his obligatory list of cars;

1989 Nissan Blubird 1.6LX (my first car! Pile of shite. About 80bhp.)

1989 AMG Mercedes-Benz 190E (fitted with the 2.3, and I've had twin, small boost GReddy turbos fitted, along with wider AMG alloys and a full AMG bodykit plus other cues. Now puts out around 300bhp. THIS IS THE REASON I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO AFFORD A NEW PC IN FIVE YEARS. The cost to insure brings a tear to my eye ;(

1994 Fiat Punto 55SX. This is my cute little town car. I can actually afford to run this! Has 55bhp from a 1.1! Ahhhhh!

Oh, and yes you can get street-legal 1000 horsers, they are mostly Japanese, like absurd Skylines and Supras, you'll never get 1000 from a Impreza flat four though. I guess you could do it with traditional American V8s but conrods everywhere, I wouldn't like to risk slipping the clutch, heh

Why the hell would you go through the trouble of finding 1000 horse power engine. They are extremely exspensive and yes there are some around like 16cyl. engines worth a shit load of money. You can get plenty of power from a 4, 6, 8cly engine we own a 66 mustang coupe popy red, stock 302 we took that 302 got it polished ports fuel injected instead of stock carbs performace cam done by professional to top out at i think 5277 rmp cant really remember, flat top high compression pistons over bored and a blower. Compression went from 125pounds across the block to 215 pounds. horse power registerd at prime rmp to be around 480-489.

Now I've heard of people being in love with their computers, but dammit Lüt, that's just plain rediculous. :)

Lut: those tires look familiar. Same as my moms old junker '82 Fairmont. A while ago I busted my truck. now i am vehicle-less. Right now there isn't a single 1000 horsepower engine in production, the closest you can get is this huge 572 that gives out 600 horses, but i doubt itll fit. :P

SlowMotionHobo said:

Lut: those tires look familiar. Same as my moms old junker '82 Fairmont. A while ago I busted my truck. now i am vehicle-less. Right now there isn't a single 1000 horsepower engine in production, the closest you can get is this huge 572 that gives out 600 horses, but i doubt itll fit. :P

Well then I guess it isent in production then im just refering to cadillac's 16cly but yea duh concepts thats all...my bad

Lüt said:

People who waste money on cars are endlessly amusing :D

People who live in a shithole of a basement are endlessly amusing :D

pritch said:

People who live in a shithole of a basement are endlessly amusing :D

Awww, too bad I've been living in my room for the last 5 months :~(

Horsepower shouldnt be that much of a consideration. If anything, you can always paint racing stripes on the side to make it go faster.

Assmaster said:

If anything, you can always paint racing stripes on the side to make it go faster.

It also helps to remove the front and back windows for as little wind resistance as possible.

The Nissan Skyline GT-R34.

Completely and utterly kicks all ass.

I heard Nissan are considering selling it in Europe because Gran Turismo made it so famous.

Wow how did I miss this thread. First off it is possible to get 1000 hp out of an engine, but the engine will not last as a daily driver. The Supra's 2JZ engine can make over 1000 hp if given the right upgrades. T-78 single turbo, forged pistons, etc etc. Too many mods to list. The Skylines engine is a very popular engine for upgrading. The engine is only a 6 cyl. but puts 276 hp stock out of the factory. The engine is very capable of high numbers because it is VERY strong. My favourite engine though, the rotory, doesn't need to make 1000 hp to make the car fast. It's much lighter then a 6 cyl. and it also has less moving parts. A 700 hp 20B 3 rotor RX-7 will beat out a 1000 hp MKIV Supra or R-32, R-33, or R-34 Vspec II Skyline any day of the week. Simply because of power to weight ratio.

Alientank said:

Simply because of power to weight ratio.

Unless, like me, you suck at GT, where an R34 will suit you much better because it has 4WD :)

heh don't forget the 4 wheel steering and the blown up price of $95,000 here in the US! :P btw, horsepower isnt the only thing you want, don't forget about the torque, remember, its not how much horsepower you have, its how much you can get to the wheels.