Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sergeirocks100

Satanic Infestation Open IWAD Project (CURRENT VERSION v0.0.5)

Please excuse any periods of inactivity that may occur, as my attention sometimes gets drawn away from this project by other projects that i may be working on.

Regardless, the project is not dead.

you keep saying that but then it happens...so? Seems to me like you have too many projects going on. Maybe put some on the back burner so you can focus on this

I thought map10 was a bit too short and simple for such a late map, so i've been working on improving that, here's a preview:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20201116_221853.png

This will also be the first map that actually requires a limit-removing source port to play, as the self-referencing sector bridge simply crashed Chocolate Doom whenever i looked at it.

On 11/17/2020 at 6:38 AM, sergeirocks100 said:

i've been working on improving that, here's a preview:

Some of your previous screenshots showed more interesting and detailed areas, yet here's another boxy room covered with a single texture. I understand this is WIP, but even then perhaps it would be better to show off something that is more developed?

I guess you'd appreciate some constructive criticism to help you improve the design, but it's pretty hard to tell what this area is about. It's a good idea to tie the level layout with how gameplay is going to unfold, and so far this appears to be a room with a narrow path near one of the walls. What exactly do you plan for the player there?

44 minutes ago, MrFlibble said:

Some of your previous screenshots showed more interesting and detailed areas, yet here's another boxy room covered with a single texture. I understand this is WIP, but even then perhaps it would be better to show off something that is more developed?

I guess you'd appreciate some constructive criticism to help you improve the design, but it's pretty hard to tell what this area is about. It's a good idea to tie the level layout with how gameplay is going to unfold, and so far this appears to be a room with a narrow path near one of the walls. What exactly do you plan for the player there?

I figured maybe you would get ambushed by revenants or mancubi, but i really don't know.

I've been going through quite a bit of mapper's block lately, and that's part of the reason why work has slowed down

On 11/21/2020 at 2:00 AM, sergeirocks100 said:

I figured maybe you would get ambushed by revenants or mancubi, but i really don't know.

Maybe playing some maps by other authors will give you inspiration? Making a map layout that is detached from the intended gameplay makes little sense.

8 minutes ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

This is still a thing?

The project is still alive and well.

Work did slow down on the project for a month or two because i was occupied with other projects, but it's far from dead.

Project development seems to have been halted, I wonder if it would make sense to add the unique contributions (sprite sheets for Zomibeman, Caco and Plasma rifle, possibly something else?) to the Realm667 bestiary/armoury -- the project license does allow that, right?

On 10/22/2023 at 10:56 AM, MrFlibble said:

Project development seems to have been halted, I wonder if it would make sense to add the unique contributions (sprite sheets for Zomibeman, Caco and Plasma rifle, possibly something else?) to the Realm667 bestiary/armoury -- the project license does allow that, right?

The plasma rifle sprites i made are in the public domain under CC0, so there's no worries there.

While Bingle Derry's zombieman and cacodemon sprites aren't in the "public domain" per se, he did tell me that i could do whatever i wanted with them, and i assume that applies to anyone else who may want to make use of them as well, although you could ask him if you aren't sure.