Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buu342

Need suggestions for a minigame wad I'm making

On 2017-6-6 at 8:56 PM, CaptainManiac said:

Hey,is this the final version?

Not yet, but next update will be near complete. Will still be in beta as there are still more games to add, and I want to bug test the current ones I'm making.

6 hours ago, BadLuckBurt said:

This looks mental. I'm gonna try it out with a friend this weekend but just skimming the thread, it looks like you did an awesome job!

Glad it caught your eye! The pokémon minigame will only be in the next update however, which will take a bit to arrive. The current version running is rather old and buggy, due to the fact that I have just recently come out of my exam month I can return to continue the project.

Hey guys, I'm not quite dead yet. More suggestions would be nice as I'm hitting a creative wall here. Just 20 more games for that 100 I've been aiming for.

Ikea Weapons - You start as one of three classes from Hexen, and you have two random pieces of the slot 4 weapon for that class. Grab the correct piece to complete the weapon and win. There would be all 9 pieces scattered around, and they won't disappear if you pick one up, in case someone needed the exact same as you do.

Pod Racing - Push a pod (exploding things from Heretic) a certain distance. Winner is the one who finishes first, but don't let it run into a pointy obstacle or it might explode.

Man, this thread has been inactive for 3 years! Welp, time to bump it, because why the hell not. Here's a random minigame idea.

Bot Invasion - Run to the other side while aimbots spin around trying to shoot everybody. They shoot every 3 seconds. (Like the current TF2 bot invasion, but the bots here don't instakill you. It takes 3-4 shots from the aimbots to die/lose.)

21 hours ago, DSC said:

Are you still taking suggestions?

Yes! There's only 10 minigames left for my arbitrary 100 minigame goal, and while I have ideas for what those 10 will be, any more ideas are always appreciated. If I like them a lot, I will probably have them take priority over my current plans ^^

1 hour ago, Buu342 said:

Yes! There's only 10 minigames left for my arbitrary 100 minigame goal, and while I have ideas for what those 10 will be, any more ideas are always appreciated. If I like them a lot, I will probably have them take priority over my current plans ^^

OK! Heres some suggestions:

-a Mega Man style minigame were you must be constantly both jumping AND shooting to complete it. Add one of those infamous Quick Man lasers or even a boss if you want!;

-a Metal Gear Solid one were you must sneak past enemies while inside a box;

-another Mario Kart one, but instead of racing you blow each other with weapons in an arena Twisted Metal style!

-a Quake rocket-jumping and bunnyhoping one;

-a Team Fortress 2 were you must build a sentry as the Engineer as quick as possible;

-a Portal minigame using the... well... portals.

The Bridge of Doom - You have to cross a bridge composed of randomly assorted lettered tiles, and you have to jump on the correct letters (that spell 'Doom') to cross. Jump on the wrong one and you fall.

Balloonatics - Everyone is constantly floating up and you all shoot each other's balloon to pop them. Last balloon unpopped wins.

Ludicrous Fibs - You have a choice of three statements about Doom. Choose the false one to win.

On 1/8/2021 at 3:58 PM, DSC said:

-a Portal minigame using the... well... portals.

It's possible, I seen a portal mod on zdoom forums. The portals stick to walls and show what happens on the other side

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA - Run from the Serious Sam kamikazes in various levels. Let go of your sprint key for even one second and they catch you. (Somewhat like Crash Bandicoot's boulder levels?)