Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Bug

You draw it, I map it 2 : Electric boolagoo

18 minutes ago, The Bug said:

Sorry for not being online, but the map is coming together nicely!

Got any screenshots you can share here?

1 minute ago, MattFright said:

Got any screenshots you can share here?

Have not started the map yet, i am going to do it when every cell is complete.

1 minute ago, The Bug said:

Have not started the map yet, i am going to do it when every cell is complete.

Ah, my bad, i misunderstood your comment :P

Claiming E2, adding a totally much-needed revenant closet and chaingunners, a pillar with an "inconspicuous" switch and imps hiding behind. The rest speaks for itself. E2.png.681ec0ad083bdb486476a958ff37d7e1.png

A5 is a wide open cliffside, crawling with a huge horde of pinkies, looking out over a magma sea. A huge pillar just off the coast has a Cyberdemon with the high ground who tries to snipe you, and Archviles stand on two smaller pillars on either side, which raise and lower in alternation, exposing you to one Archie at a time. A pair of E2M8-style pillars are embedded in the ground to use as cover, and in the top-right corner there's a huge stash of cells. If you fall into the magma below, you can grab a secret megasphere and teleport back to safety.

A5.png

the blue C are chaingunners, the red AV an archville, the HK a hell knight. 

PG is a plasma gun, the red crosses health, the black c, cells. The yellow door is a secret door (slightly different texture, maybe?) and the red one is a keyed door (not sure which keys already are in the map, but not the one you can pick up in this room)

A5.png

@waciejlooks good but please upload it on doomworld, it will be easier to download and no one will miss this post

1 hour ago, Pezl said:

@waciejlooks good but please upload it on doomworld, it will be easier to download and no one will miss this post

everythings cool but its say "You can only upload 0.11MB"

On 11/19/2020 at 1:44 PM, waciej said:

everythings cool but its say "You can only upload 0.11MB"

You can use image hosting sites like imgur for free to avoid this problem

Edited by Rince-wind

xF4qqtI.png

E1 - CHOOSE YOUR OWN DEATH

This room contains 4 optional powerups, picking them up will close the doors and summon monsters

The quadrants are color coded, from the textures to the decoration to the monsters:

• RED - Berserker, Pinkies and Revs
  • GREEN - Green Armor, Knights and Arachs
  • BLUE - Soulsphere, Cacos and MEIN LIEBEN!
  • BROWN - Backpack, Imps and Fatsos

The powerups are in pools of liquid, none of them damaging

There's a pillar in the middle of the room and 4 heightened platforms with stairs in the corners to make the fights more dynamic

1 hour ago, Rince-wind said:

xF4qqtI.png

E1 - CHOOSE YOUR OWN DEATH

This room contains 4 optional powerups, picking them up will close the doors and summon monsters

The quadrants are color coded, from the textures to the decoration to the monsters:

• RED - Berserker, Pinkies and Revs
  • GREEN - Green Armor, Knights and Arachs
  • BLUE - Soulsphere, Cacos and MEIN LIEBEN!
  • BROWN - Backpack, Imps and Fatsos

The powerups are in pools of liquid, none of them damaging

There's a pillar in the middle of the room and 4 heightened platforms with stairs in the corners to make the fights more dynamic

Oof, my part was skipped :c

13 hours ago, waciej said:

Oof, my part was skipped :c

I would guess you just go and redo it without squashing the image and toss it into imgur so the previous problems don't arise

DDWdUcR.png

I made a part for B1, it's a storage area attached to the hangar with crates strewn around at random angles, you can shoot the big box to open it and get a weapon (ideally the SSG) but there is a chaingunner inside too (orange dot), theres also a chaingunner in the lower left hiding behind a box looking at a marine corpse (bluish dot) and some armor (green), obviously its meant to be kind of a trap :D. A couple of boxes are open and have ammo (yellow) and there are a couple of imps as well (red), oh yeah and you are meant to be able to shoot the box on the lower right too and an imp is in there as well :P

Edited by therektafire

I made a part for B5! I hope it fits well in between the others! The lava ocean links A5 and C5 together, with thin parts of rock obscuring the vision of the player/ monsters to A5 and C5.

There is a high mountainside dominating the area, with a lavafall strafing down from very high to the lower plateau. If a player climbs the entire fall they will find a secret invulnerability in a tiny room behind a passable lavafall middef at the top. The entire mountainside is made up of platforms of different heights, filled with as many imps as possible.

There is a Rocket Launcher (RL) with lots of ammo in the middle of the map, that triggers a monster closet with revenants and spectres, as well as triggering cacodemons to come floating up from the lava ocean. There are teleporters in the lava in case the player falls down. The lava stream in the lower plateau is narrow enough to skip over, with (if there's room enough for it) the exception of the area to the centre-right, where there are two pillars that allow the player to skip over.DDWdUcR.png.431352897b1fdd0aa93951c0ed7317c6.png 

Edited by Peccatum Mihzamiz

oh god why did i make this :(
i don't wanna do this, so anyone can make the map i guess
if i had time then still, i wanna do different projects
sorry

edit:
i can be big brain and just use this for one of my other projects
*brain energy noises*

18 minutes ago, The Bug said:

oh god why did i make this :(
i don't wanna do this, so anyone can make the map i guess
if i had time then still, i wanna do different projects
sorry

edit:
i can be big brain and just use this for one of my other projects
*brain energy noises*

Dear The Bug, does this mean that... you are asking the community whether somebody would like to take over and make the map? @Rince-wind perhaps if they would like to, or somebody else?

I think the project is inspiring and might be better as a stand-alone, or grouped together with the first edition, rather than being part of another project to be honest.

15 hours ago, Peccatum Mihzamiz said:

Dear The Bug, does this mean that... you are asking the community whether somebody would like to take over and make the map? @Rince-wind perhaps if they would like to, or somebody else?

I'll take over this project then

27 minutes ago, Rince-wind said:

I'll take over this project then

Nice Rince-wind! I thought about it, but I really cant right now, mapping my own stuff at the moment.

Good luck with this monster!

Before I start, I'm torn between recreating the map verbatim from the drawings or with more crative liberty

I'd like to know your thoughts, since I'm fine either way

16 minutes ago, Rince-wind said:

Before I start, I'm torn between recreating the map verbatim from the drawings or with more crative liberty

I'd like to know your thoughts, since I'm fine either way

My tile was made entirely to allow for creative liberty (it's just a hole surrounded by unspecified monsters), so i'd say that's a bit of what i was expecting from the start