Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OniriA

2021 Goals & Intentions

Work more on my doom 64 wad and maybe even finish it.

Get my Pharmacy Tech certificate so I can finally get some decent money.

Maybe dump my bf cuz hes kinda abusive towards me but I still love him.......Emotions can be a bitch =[

Also not get covid =D

My 2021 plans include:

- Finishing Dissension II: The Hell That Followed.
- Releasing my band's debut album and return to playing live shows.
- Taking over the world.

Baby steps...

I'm pretty sure I've ticked off the biggest Doom goal this year, so 2021 can be more focussed on non-Doom. Definitely want in on DBP32, but I've got to get my DBP31 map done first.

4 minutes ago, st0agie said:

Creating a decent Chex wad, if anybody cares about that game still lol

Chex Quest has a very small but dedicated fanbase. Not too active recently, but yout get the idea.

Just now, InDOOMnesia said:

Chex Quest has a very small but dedicated fanbase. Not too active recently, but yout get the idea.

think anybody on DoomWorld would play it lol

3 minutes ago, st0agie said:

think anybody on DoomWorld would play it lol

If it's interesting enough, why not? That's all that matters. ;)

5 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

If the global economy manages to bounce back at all next year, I'd like to improve my monthly income quota so I can increase my quality of life and maybe afford a place of my very own. I also kind of let my health slip a bit this year because, hoo boy, did I feel pretty low at some points thanks to how intensely awful everything has been. I was genuinely worried I was going to have a depression relapse for a few months but thankfully I didn't. So, I'd like to fix my sleep schedule at least a little and adjust my eating habits too. 

Eh, don't worry my man, we've survived enough depressions to last us five life times. I still have my random periods though, last week felt pretty shite for me again, but I like to think we've not endured so much just to die.

I see you're aiming for having your own little place too. It would be nice to finally reach that ideal since I seek that too, but if things keep staying the same as they have for the past 5 years and get even worse, then yeah, I'll probably be 50 by the time that happens, when I'll be too old to care - not like it's very different from the current situation, just the reverse, now I'm too young to care lol.

became rich and famous. i feel that it would be wrong to drop this goal after targeting it for 40+ years, so i'll stick with it.

p.s.: yep, my strategy is to sit and wait until it happens. it almost works so far.

45 minutes ago, seed said:

Eh, don't worry my man, we've survived enough depressions to last us five life times. I still have my random periods though, last week felt pretty shite for me again, but I like to think we've not endured so much just to die.

What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger... or just more damanged. ;^) :^P

try to play more doom, maybe some other single player games.  this is something i've neglected since 2005-2006 and strange, i've always enjoyed good stories and worlds.  keep writing music, work on my spanish, and improve my cooking as well.

1 hour ago, Biodegradable said:

What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger... or just more damanged. ;^) :^P

Ye. What doesn't kill, cripples.

6 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

A new age is coming

You jest!

16 hours ago, pcorf said:

my goal is to finish what is likely to be my last Doom 2 megawad 

*Insert sad TNT Intermission Music*

mqdefault.jpg

3 hours ago, cambreaKer said:

releasing my Half-Life mod "Half-Life: WAR Episode 1" in April/May

Looking forward.

1. to crush the linedefs
2. see the sectors driven before me
3. to hear the lamentations of the nodebuilder

mapping... mapping never changes

1. Sleep more than 5-6 hours a day.
2. Eat a nice steak.
3. ACTUALLY make SOMETHING, even if it's just ONE babby-tier map or something.

I think I'm gonna try make a boom format episode length wad (since I didn't get around to it in 2020 due to 2020 being 2020).

Maybe make a collab wad with some friends on discord.

Make another wad for another community project because I kinda fun making the Subbasement level for ViolentBeetle's Hellevator Megawad so I might want to try to do something like that again but even better.

I'm gonna replay Final Doom, Quake and Duke3D for their 25th anniversaries.

I'm also gonna draw a lot, I like to draw.

This is a fun thread, so I will join in. :)

This isn't Doom related, but my goal for 2021 is to release The Force Engine 1.0 (full DOS replacement for Dark Forces, tech demo status for Outlaws, a usable level editor, and tools). At a minimum, I want the gameplay to be complete, even if some features don't make it in time.

On 12/12/2020 at 3:46 PM, reflex17 said:

1. to crush the linedefs
2. see the sectors driven before me
3. to hear the lamentations of the nodebuilder

mapping... mapping never changes

"mapping is hell"

I'm planning to start making maps. I've been wanting to all year, but all I have is a 10-year old laptop that's about to die, and isn't capable of running ultimate doom builder. But that's going to change very soon. I have a ton of ideas for projects big and small that have been stewing in my brain for a year or more, and I can't wait to bring them to life.

only thing i really want to do is actually finish Evil Unleashed in 2021. The work rate for finishing up the demo was promising, but my interests shift between subjects pretty rapidly, so I guess we'll see.

I suppose my other main goal is to work on better time scheduling to avoid these issues.

Hoping to find a job.

Also, completing my various wads I'm working on (nanowadmo 2018 and some other wads both from community or solo projects).

I'm planning to hopefully finally finish my 11-map WAD.  Then again I've been planning to hopefully do that since 2010.  So we'll see.  I at least finally finished my Atari 2600 homebrew project this year (except the manual and artwork but those shouldn't take too long) so I'm somewhat optimistic I've found a way to make myself get things done.

Oh yeah and finish getting my Master's, I guess that's the main priority