Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chisato

SkullTag Master Server down?

I've tried using both the default launcher and Internet Doom Explorer, using the Master Server IP provided on the homepage... but I can't connect. Is the server just down... or is it something far more sinister? And if the former, when can I expect it back up? Sorry to bother you.

The server has been down for several months. Also, several months ago Carn said it'd be back up .soon. But I guess I'm not the one allowed to complain of slowness :P

I've recently moved to a new location where I have a firewall. Thanks to that piece of shit, I can't run the master server, run servers, or DO ANYTHING basically. So, someone else has to host it. We're working on finding someone right now (/me points to Lyfe).

Well, it should be possible to run servers behind a firewall. Maybe forwarding/opening the necessary ports may help?

go to Zdaemon and ask one of those guys who claim to have their own T1 line...

boris said:

What's so great about T1? Isn't it only 1.5mbit?

Ok... well, I just so happen to have Dual OC-3s connections if anyone wants some...
j/k, but find someone with one of those fast internetconnerter thingys.

boris said:

What's so great about T1? Isn't it only 1.5mbit?

its not the bandwidth it's the stability

um.... thats why you configure your firewall. it isnt that hard, all you have to do is try.

kain said:

um.... thats why you configure your firewall. it isnt that hard, all you have to do is try.

Really?

Hmm... if you could help me out with that, that'd be great

Well, the master server is back up for now. Go in to #skulltag for more information.

hoorj

The master server will be back up when the new version comes out.

(Actually, it's up now... but the versions of Skulltag used on the servers that are listed won't be compatible with your guys' :) Nyah nyah!)