Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Not Jabba

Cacowards 2021 Mentionation Thread

Since this wasn't eligible for the 2020 Cacowards, I'm going to mention it here also. A fine GZDoom wad that @Kraja spent a good 2 years+ on, with a lot of charm and nice atmosphere going for it.

Mid-november, eh..

This was released November 2, so it falls out of the boundaries, but like the ACE Engine, its equally impressive, so i am just going to include this from @xttl because in general Xttl's work is worthy of praise (Even if its just a mention in the sidepane):

@jval, for his DD_Terrain editor that works on GZDoom/K8Vavoom and his Radix: Beyond The Void port to id tech1 (RAD) and also for his DelphiDoom/FPCDoom/XGreed projects, his procedural editor and more (But i cant nominate those since they are from May and June 2020). Basically just Jval for his body of work, because look at the scope of it. Who on earth makes two seperate Doom ports that are highly advanced, two reworks, and such a collection of incredibly useful tools? There aren't many in the community who can pull that off.

9 minutes ago, Horus said:

I believe this thread is intended for released projects, not works in progress

Oh, ok. I wasn't sure about that when I posted. If nothing else, just a heads up for visitors to this thread, then. 

A beautiful first map with a custom dynamic soundtrack? That's a promising start.

1 hour ago, Gez said:

A beautiful first map with a custom dynamic soundtrack? That's a promising start.

I am glad you put this one up for nomination because else i would have. Major Arlene's influence is definitely noticeable but its such a stunning display that it, even as we are just a few days into 2021, this ranks extremely high on the best newcomer scale.

Assembly Line is setting the standard for the rest of the year. Which greenhorn mapper is going to challenge this?

There are many i think deserve a award ive now played a ton of wads and all for different reasons however i could not pick just one id have to pick a handful lol

6 minutes ago, Hcoop111 said:

There are many i think deserve a award ive now played a ton of wads and all for different reasons however i could not pick just one

Neither can we. We name like 20+ things per year.

Plus-infinity for Time Tripper, and also a double mentionation for the music 'ward for its OST. Both of 'em are goddamn hyper-fucking mega-awesome.

I'd really like to try Time Tripper, but does anyone else get an error on launch from GZdoom? Something about a missing string.