Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The BMFG

3 New Maps For The Hunt For Soda Are Out Now!

15 hours ago, Mr.Rocket said:

Here ya go:

CANS_etc.zip

Backup your wad first incase something goes wrong!

Extract and then import them directly into your pwad, then save.

the cans are invisible could you give me the ones you used since they are configed for this and are actually visible also dont worry i can use slade to delete the not working soda cans for my wad!

1 hour ago, The BMFG said:

the cans are invisible could you give me the ones you used since they are configed for this and are actually visible also dont worry i can use slade to delete the not working soda cans for my wad!

That's becuase of sprite offsets, do you see the "sprite offsets:" with two spaces having number values below the sprite preview?
Capture.PNG.ad3afea1ada81ce35b1714f28eecccca.PNG

The first space is for vertical offsets, and the second one is for horizontal offsets. You have to search for the same sprite names in the orignal IWAD (Doom 2).
(The search box is below the file names (e.g. maps, textures, sound effects, music, sprites)) click on the sprite and see what the offset number values, copy and paste them into your new sprite, save, done! Now the sprite is visible.

Note: the sprite offsets for soda/bonus potions are the same ones in the picture above :)

If you still don't understand, here's a more detailed tutorial by Enjay.

Edited by AvadaKedavraWithQuadDamage

52 minutes ago, AvadaKedavraWithQuadDamage said:

That's becuase of sprite offsets, do you see the "sprite offsets:" with two spaces having number values below the sprite preview?
Capture.PNG.ad3afea1ada81ce35b1714f28eecccca.PNG

The first space is for vertical offsets, and the second one is for horizontal offsets. You have to search for the same sprite names in the orignal IWAD (Doom 2).
(The search box is below the file names (e.g. maps, textures, sound effects, music, sprites)) click on the sprite and see what the offset number values, copy and paste them into your new sprite, save, done! Now the sprite is visible.

Note: the sprite offsets for soda/bonus potions are the same ones in the picture above :)

If you still don't understand, here's a more detailed tutorial by Enjay.

12 minutes ago, The BMFG said:

Cheers mate 🥤 --- I was also somehow interested in this wad being unofficially a community project, so I'm making a 13th map, gonna release the screenshots later.

10 minutes ago, AvadaKedavraWithQuadDamage said:

Cheers mate 🥤

heres a little map05  sneak peek but the start is a black metal room you open a door and there is a around 15-20 zombie units so you kill them and cross a tripwire wich teleports you to hell from my testing alsmost everytime one of the zombies enter the teleport so when teleport to hell make sure you turn around or else a shotgunner might one shot ya if your hp is low enough the map is basically finished but im not releasing it until i get 3-4 other news maps done

6 minutes ago, The BMFG said:

the start is a black metal room you open a door and there is a around 15-20 zombie units so you kill them and cross a tripwire wich teleports you to hell from my testing alsmost everytime one of the zombies enter the teleport so when teleport to hell make sure you turn around or else a shotgunner might one shot ya if your hp is low enough

That's super punishing, does the door open slowly or fast? And does the metal room give anything helpful?

21 minutes ago, AvadaKedavraWithQuadDamage said:

Cheers mate 🥤 --- I was also somehow interested in this wad being unofficially a community project, so I'm making a 13th map, gonna release the screenshots later.

think i could make a map for this project? since i was the original creator of the soda maps it's based off?

1 minute ago, AvadaKedavraWithQuadDamage said:

That's super punishing, does the door open slowly or fast? And does the metal room give anything helpful?

its extremely easy even in uv because i put a super shotgun at the door with a shell box

Just now, The BMFG said:

think i could make a map for this project? since i was the original creator of the soda maps it's based off?

Of course yes, you created it.

1 minute ago, AvadaKedavraWithQuadDamage said:

Of course yes, you created it.

ok im gonna make map 14 for the project rn then since your already makin map 13

2 minutes ago, The BMFG said:

its extremely easy even in uv because i put a super shotgun at the door with a shell box

(Sorry for double posting, I'm using my phone)

Okay then, and one final question, will you plan for actual moderation on this community project?

27 minutes ago, The BMFG said:

ok im gonna make map 14 for the project rn then since your already makin map 13

Will you make it easy? I wanted my map to be in the 13th slot because I want it to be challenging.

I'm planning to mix low-tier monsters and medium-tier monsters, add some traps, a little bit of hints, to make it (not very) difficult.

Also, you should make a separated release thread and/or make a development chat room (in any chatting programs) so any feedback, review ,etc. won't mix with the development.

35 minutes ago, AvadaKedavraWithQuadDamage said:

Will you make it easy? I wanted my map to be in the 13th slot because I want it to be challenging.

I'm planning to mix low-tier monsters and medium-tier monsters, add some traps, a little bit of hints, to make it (not very) difficult.

Also, you should make a separated release thread and/or make a development chat room (in any chatting programs) so any feedback, review ,etc. won't mix with the development.

i wasnt the one who came up with the project the community did im just putting a map into there since my maps was the inspiration for this project im not planning any moderation or anything i suck at that ive tried to make a community project before but that failed

27 minutes ago, The BMFG said:

i wasnt the one who came up with the project the community did im just putting a map into there since my maps was the inspiration for this project im not planning any moderation or anything i suck at that ive tried to make a community project before but that failed

Edit: this is getting very dumb, I should better stop to make you calm.

14 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

I think I'll make the develpoment thread, is that fine? I'm also working on a MAP32, Dew of the Divine.

alright thats fine with me just remember to include everyones maps

6 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

Hey thanks for playing buddy, in the spirit of the holidays I went less evil in my gameplay this time/ just wanted to create something real quick one afternoon after being inspired by pop maps

Secrets:

1: Shoot the computer screen in the bubble room under the techno pillar to get the blue armour 

2. Look at the very first yellow skull marker and see a switch which lowers a backpack for you

3. The switch that lowers the blue key also lowers the chainsaw, run and get it before it lifts up or repeat

Secrets are awesome, all maps should have some ;)

3 minutes ago, Clippy said:

Hey thanks for playing buddy, in the spirit of the holidays I went less evil in my gameplay this time/ just wanted to create something real quick one afternoon after being inspired by pop maps

Secrets:

1: Shoot the computer screen in the bubble room under the techno pillar to get the blue armour 

2. Look at the very first yellow skull marker and see a switch which lowers a backpack for you

3. The switch that lowers the blue key also lowers the chainsaw, run and get it before it lifts up or repeat

Secrets are awesome, all maps should have some ;)

ay yo i speedmapped again