Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GoneAway

dsda-doom source port [v0.24.3]

Updated to v0.9.1 (see op for download)

This update fixes the 4 issues mentioned in the previous post (ghost crash, status bar freeze, boom sector friction, skip map key).

Remaining known issue:

Ghosts don't work with rewinding (after rewind, they will be waiting at the start of the map) or restarting (they don't reset).

Next feature: probably hud stuff

6 hours ago, kraflab said:

!!! Thanks, I suppose!

BTW, the rewind feature is so wonderful. Thanks a lot for the hard work on the port.

6 hours ago, kraflab said:

Amazing! The port will be perfect if it shows the ammunition quantity.

This is amazing. As someone who is making a mostly Slow-Mo TAS this will save me ALOT of time. It was getting annoying having to constantly exit and reload GLBoom when I made a mistake. Everything works well except the "Show Alive Monsters". It works with regular GLBoom Plus. I added -TAS to the command line and the rest of the TAS only things work. I even rebound the key and nothing. No matter what I do I can't get it to work. Maybe it is a bug?

EDIT: I changed the renderer and I fixed it. Didn't realize it wasn't set to OpenGL out of the box.

Could it be possible to also highlight the items that are required for 100% like the way the monsters are highlighted? It would be useful if someone was trying to get all the items as well.  I don't know just an idea.

Edited by NightmareZer0 : Fixed problem

1 hour ago, NightmareZer0 said:

Could it be possible to also highlight the items that are required for 100% like the way the monsters are highlighted? It would be useful if someone was trying to get all the items as well.  I don't know just an idea.

Since this isn't relevant for any standard category, it's not a priority. But I'll keep it in mind.

Update to v0.10.0 (see op for download)

New stuff:

• Time with tics now shows in the top left corner on the intermission screen.
  • Added "Extended Hud" - this is max totals, kill percent, and level time on top of the normal hud.

5 hours ago, kraflab said:

Update to v0.10.0 (see op for download)

New stuff:

• Time with tics now shows in the top left corner on the intermission screen.
  • Added "Extended Hud" - this is max totals, kill percent, and level time on top of the normal hud.

This new update behaves strange for me. GLBoom+ crashes and displays an error for me. PRBoom was working and then did the same thing. I made a new folder and put it in there and it still does it.

Windows cannot access the specific device, path, or file. You may have inappropriate permissions to access this file.

5 hours ago, kraflab said:

Is it better to have parentheses, or add a "%", or bit different colored to show it's not the same thing? Right now it's a bit hard to read if the gameplay is hectic.

14 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Is it better to have parentheses, or add a "%", or bit different colored to show it's not the same thing? Right now it's a bit hard to read if the gameplay is hectic.

Unfortunately this font is missing a percent sign 😂

26 minutes ago, NightmareZer0 said:

This new update behaves strange for me. GLBoom+ crashes and displays an error for me. PRBoom was working and then did the same thing. I made a new folder and put it in there and it still does it.

Windows cannot access the specific device, path, or file. You may have inappropriate permissions to access this file.

Maybe you have an overzealous antivirus?

14 minutes ago, kraflab said:

Maybe you have an overzealous antivirus?

Avast on default settings stopped it for some reason. Didn't stop the last version. It also didn't move it to the vault or anything. That is really weird.

On 11/11/2020 at 10:38 PM, kraflab said:

Add mouse code option (classic prboom+ vs chocolate doom)

Hey! Can somebody explain to me what exactly this means? Also I didn't seem to find the option in the menus or the cfg file.
Thanks!

13 minutes ago, Marvv7 said:

Hey! Can somebody explain to me what exactly this means? Also I didn't seem to find the option in the menus or the cfg file.
Thanks!

In the options, it is "carry fractional tics" under mouse settings.

27 minutes ago, Starduster said:

In the options, it is "carry fractional tics" under mouse settings.

I see, that's what I thought, thanks. I downloaded this fork because it also contained the most updated version of PrBoom+, and I hoped it would solve some mouse lag I was experiencing in 2.5.1.5 in comparison to GZDoom, although it doesn't feel like it.

56 minutes ago, Marvv7 said:

I see, that's what I thought, thanks. I downloaded this fork because it also contained the most updated version of PrBoom+, and I hoped it would solve some mouse lag I was experiencing in 2.5.1.5 in comparison to GZDoom, although it doesn't feel like it.

I have the same issues, it's almost like the mouse code (SDL 2, which was implemented starting with version 2.5.1.5) makes it harder to precisely aim and make snappy turns. The only solution I've come across is playing with a capped framerate.

Would it be possible to add a custom FPS cap option? Vsync always gives me input lag and 35FPS is too cinematic for me.

Prboom+ (the sourceport this is based on) has the option to turn vsync off and uncapped framerate off so the game doesn't run at 35 fps. Unless you're asking for locked 240 fps for example. 

Please add capped fps options, it could help to reduce lag issues with 3rd party recording software, also vsync causes input lag.

I would bring that topic to fabian and prboom+, he's pretty active right now with those kinds of qol improvements.

On 1/6/2021 at 1:11 PM, TomatoTom said:

Unless you're asking for locked 240 fps for example. 

Exactly this, kind of how Duke3D has various FPS cap options in BuildGDX or GZDoom's cap of 200FPS. It's not a problem in Software mode but GLBoom+ in OpenGL can hit insane frames in vanilla or maps without complex geometry. I'm talking 2000FPS, which not only causes visual artifacts when quickly turning but also isn't great for the GPU.

7 hours ago, almostmatt1 said:

You're likely aware but I wanted to mention in case, game speed is not shown in the extended HUD. 

Hmm, it shows up fine for me.

10 hours ago, Andromeda said:

Hmm, it shows up fine for me.

Game speed is displayed for me when using the advanced HUD, but not the extended HUD. It also disappears and reappears when I switch between the two. Using v0.10.0.

Spoiler

53 minutes ago, almostmatt1 said:

Game speed is displayed for me when using the advanced HUD, but not the extended HUD. It also disappears and reappears when I switch between the two. Using v0.10.0.

Oh, I misread your post - I thought it wasn't appearing on the advanced HUD, my mistake.

I'm planning on adding a tas version of the extended hud so the game speed will show up on that one most likely.

Seems really nice stuff, the only PrBoom+ variant which has no obnoxious mouse lag for me in full screen mode.

Somehow I strangely appreciate 320x200 (and it's widescreen alternative), it would be cool to implement that. There's also one more thing what I love about GZDoom; the menu remembers the last option you changed, so when you open it up again, you'll start from there. Is it possible that this gets into this port?

It seems that DSDA-Doom is "legit" in terms of submitting speedrun demos, so can I use this with no strings attached instead of Chocolate/Crispy/PrBoom+? I'm a pedantic f*ck, so please confirm this. : D

Otherwise really great work and awesome features!

(Edit: typo)

Edited by Fluuschoen

1 hour ago, Fluuschoen said:

Seems really nice stuff, the only PrBoom+ variant which ha no obnoxious mouse lag for me in full screen mode.

Somehow I strangely appreciate 320x200 (and it's widescreen alternative), it would be cool to implement that. There's also one more thing what I love about GZDoom; the menu remembers the last option you changed, so when you open it up again, you'll start from there. Is it possible that this gets into this port?

It seems that DSDA-Doom is "legit" in terms of submitting speedrun demos, so can I use this with no strings attached instead of Chocolate/Crispy/PrBoom+? I'm a pedantic f*ck, so please confirm this. : D

Otherwise really great work and awesome features!

Low res stuff was recently implemented upstream, that will be in the next release of this port as well.

Menu stuff -> you should bring that request to prboom+ as that would be a core change that everyone can benefit from.

Yes, this port is fine for speedrunning.

2 minutes ago, kraflab said:

Low res stuff was recently implemented upstream, that will be in the next release of this port as well.

Menu stuff -> you should bring that request to prboom+ as that would be a core change that everyone can benefit from.

Yes, this port is fine for speedrunning.

I see the good stuff just keeps comin', waiting for the next release. : >

Thanks for the reply.