Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gothgirlxx96

Karen Doom 2020

video test

Celebrate the funniest most abnoxious self entitled narcissistic ladies of 2020 who had made their way to intelebrity fame via sites like TikTok, YouTube, WorldStarHipHop & others, as they reveal their true forms in this exciting urban adventure through modern dystopia

2 new levels in a separate episode

-all other iwads playable

-tested only using GZDOOM 4.4.2, but this is mainly just a sounds & graphics replacement with a tiny bit of scripting.

This is meant to be a humorous joke mod, I hope not to offense any one.

karendoom_0.2.5_-_smaller_than_25_mb.zip

sketch-1608027443112.jpg

Spoiler

Testing.... 

This is the moddb link. Only difference 4 now is that there are some more ogg music files for some cool electronic / glitch hop royalty free industrial techno tracks

moddb link

2nd video clip

this is a clip of the Karen who trespassed upon private property in Brisbane, Australia. more links & references in readme file

Edited by gothgirlxx96

you are a funny lady!

this is a mysogynist wet dream!

make this Boom compatible and i'll be you bitch forever!

by the way, i tried it on GZDoom 3.3.2 and LZDoom 3.85 and even the good old ZDoom 2.8.1 and they worked without problem.

;)

Edited by P41R47

uhhhhhhhh

why i am a moon that changes colours

1 hour ago, Liberation said:

This has to be one of the worst things I've seen this year.

same.

4 hours ago, gothgirlxx96 said:

this is a clip of the Karen who trespassed upon private property in Brisbane, Australia. more links & references in readme file

Jesus. That is a straight up hell beast. That poor dog was like "Someone get me away from this crazy bitch."

This is yet another example of a wad that replaces textures/hud/graphics with random nonsense under the guise of a joke wad. There is no cohesion, no theme, no humor, no joke. For example, why is the HUD face a moon (that isn't even centered properly)? 

Replacing sprites and textures with dumb things doesn't make a wad funny. What makes a wad funny is humor that has been thought out and actually adds up to something. What's so hilarious about replacing a texture with a .gif of some annoying person making dumb faces and a bunch of MS Paint text? That's something closer to a terrywad than a joke wad. And guess what? Most terrywads aren't funny, they are just annoying.

Lately, most joke wads are just terrywads without the rape threats.

Edited by TheMagicMushroomMan

1 hour ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

This is yet another example of a wad that replaces textures/hud/graphics with random nonsense under the guise of a joke wad. There is no cohesion, no theme, no humor, no joke. For example, why is the HUD face a moon (that isn't even centered properly)? 

Replacing sprites and textures with dumb things doesn't make a wad funny. What makes a wad funny is humor that has been thought out and actually adds up to something. What's so hilarious about replacing a texture with a .gif of some annoying person making dumb faces and a bunch of MS Paint text? That's something closer to a terrywad than a joke wad. And guess what? Most terrywads aren't funny, they are just annoying.

Lately, most joke wads are just terrywads without the rape threats.

como on, pal!

don't be harsh!

humor work at different levels.

This was a concept one, a simple ''poke fun of something that i (author) think we have to loathe''.

This is more a satire than a joke wad.

Has social commentary inprint on it.

Ok, its not the ''Don Quixote'' of the funny megawads, but come closer to a ''Candide'' by Voltaire.

The analogy is that Candide was very very gruesome novel on some parts, but the satire was there and if you can digest the gross, there is some actual funny joke underneath it.

Also, look at the details, there are some interesting things happend around. Not a masterpiece of mapping, but work for the intended effect.

And those sprites are interesting, i never seen them before.

Could be interesting to use them for a female hell theme wad.

Aside from that, some audios are quality material.
I take care of two girls of 9 and 10 years old, and i have a whasap group where all parent discuss things.

And you know what?

Some of the audios use on this game could literally come from some of that parent groups.

So i giggled like an idiot while listening to those awful ''Karens'' complaining.

Don't know, i like to take a deeper sight onto the author mind, and this is a kinda perfect form of satire.

We as men, can't make something like this, and @gothgirlxx96 use the Doom Engine to make a social commentary of the times we live.

I find it really interesting.

And i'm guilty!

I'm easy to laugh.

Think of this: maybe there are not much good joke wads because we alway jump to their neck when someone tries to make one... and some of us didn't catch the joke at all. :/

I think there should be space for the satire in our Doomworld.

EDIT: @URROVA i think thats a reference to MooNMaN DooM

Edited by P41R47

10 minutes ago, Deathclaw886 said:

what the hell is going on with the players hand?

Haven't you heard? Karen-killers are so deadly they don't even need to touch the trigger

32 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

como on, pal!

don't be harsh!

humor work at different levels.

This was a concept one, a simple ''poke fun of something that i (author) think we have to loathe''.

This is more a satire than a joke wad.

Has social commentary inprint on it.

Ok, its not the ''Don Quixote'' of the funny megawads, but come closer to a ''Candide'' by Voltaire.

The analogy is that Candide was very very gruesome novel on some parts, but the satire was there and if you can digest the gross, there is some actual funny joke underneath it.

Also, look at the details, there are some interesting things happend around. Not a masterpiece of mapping, but work for the intended effect.

And those sprites are interesting, i never seen them before.

Could be interesting to use them for a female hell theme wad.

Aside from that, some audios are quality material.
I take care of two girls of 9 and 10 years old, and i have a whasap group where all parent discuss things.

And you know what?

Some of the audios use on this game could literally come from some of that parent groups.

So i giggled like an idiot while listening to those awful ''Karens'' complaining.

Don't know, i like to take a deeper sight onto the author mind, and this is a kinda perfect form of satire.

We as men, can't make something like this, and @gothgirlxx96 use the Doom Engine to make a social commentary of the times we live.

I find it really interesting.

And i'm guilty!

I'm easy to laugh.

Think of this: maybe there are not much good joke wads because we alway jump to their neck when someone tries to make one... and some of us didn't catch the joke at all. :/

I think there should be space for the satire in our Doomworld.

I also think that there should be a place for satire here, but this doesn't cut it for me.

Referring to this as social commentary insinuates that it actually has something to say about society. All I see is a wad making fun of a low hanging fruit and adding nothing new to the "commentary".

Instead, it follows what seems to be the new joke wad formula:

1 cup of already-outdated meme "humor"

1 tablespoon of crude mapmaking

1 pinch of a crude HUD replacement

1 dash of annoying sound replacements

1 serving of MS Paint

1 heaping spoonful of textures that aren't scaled correctly

I'm sure if you looked deep enough into the Tim Allen mod, you could see a profound message about the staleness and copycat nature of the sitcom business. But what it actually is, is a mod that replaces graphics and sound effects with Tim Allen. And what this is, is a mod that replaces graphics and sound effects with annoying internet stereotypes.

About the "we as men can't do this" comment, I won't open up that can of worms, but assuming over the internet that someone is a woman by looking at their username is about the same as assuming that someone is a woman because they have an anime girl as their avatar. Hell, I could be a woman for all DoomWorld knows.

If people would make joke wads that actually attempted to be tell a story/had something of substance instead of just cramming in a bunch of irreverent sprite/sound replacements, maybe they wouldn't face so much criticism. This mod just comes across as juvenile and stale to me, sorry.

Even The Sky May Be and The Mandrill Ass Project, with their juvenile antics and crude graphics, were redeemed by sheer inventiveness and the unique, surreal scenarios they presented. They at least showed dedication and creativity in the process, as opposed to just shoving in a bunch of meme humor and calling it a day.

4 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Hell, I could be a woman for all DoomWorld knows.

No, pal!
I seen the photo you posted in other thread. 

You are a stud* ;)

36 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

About the "we as men can't do this" comment, I won't open up that can of worms

come on, open it up. Don't be afraid!

Free your mind and you ass will follow!

38 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

stuff

Ok, most of what you answer is understandable.
I can adhere to that.

But well, humor is complex thing.

Humor always can be read on multiple levels, so well...

Most people get ofended by Kama Sutra (check the reviews).

Lots of people hate The Sky May Be...

Mandrill Ass Project has it bad reviews, too.

Humorous wads have it really hard around here, as humor is vast and diverse.

For some simple jokes like this one are bad, for others there is an interesting commentary.

I think that a lot of work went into this joke.

Mapping, as you know already, its not a simple thing.

Compiling the resource, making the sound patches, making the textures.

This is no noob work.

Maybe not the best joke around, but not all jokes have to be on the really awesome level of the mapsets you mentioned.

Some just may want to have a more relaxed experience while playing Doom.

Some may want to let the racist inside them go out and play Moon Man Doom...

...and some just want to fap at H-Doom.

Laugh more my friend!

I may sound like a really bad misogyn saying this, but i had a fun time shooting those ugly bitches!

*CLARIFICATION: I'm not flirting!

7 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

No, pal!
I seen the photo you posted in other thread. 

You are a stud* ;)

come on, open it up. Don't be afraid!

Free your mind and you ass will follow!

Ok, most of what you answer is understandable.
I can adhere to that.

But well, humor is complex thing.

Humor always can be read on multiple levels, so well...

Most people get ofended by Kama Sutra (check the reviews).

Lots of people hate The Sky May Be...

Mandrill Ass Project has it bad reviews, too.

Humorous wads have it really hard around here, as humor is vast and diverse.

For some simple jokes like this one are bad, for others there is an interesting commentary.

I think that a lot of work went into this joke.

Mapping, as you know already, its not a simple thing.

Compiling the resource, making the sound patches, making the textures.

This is no noob work.

Maybe not the best joke around, but not all jokes have to be on the really awesome level of the mapsets you mentioned.

Some just may want to have a more relaxed experience while playing Doom.

Some may want to let the racist inside them go out and play Moon Man Doom...

...and some just want to fap at H-Doom.

Laugh more my friend!

I may sound like a really bad misogyn saying this, but i had a fun time shooting those ugly bitches!

Lol, I forgot about those pictures I posted, good memory. It's not that you necessarily said anything wrong with the comment I was referring or that I don't want to free my ass, it's just that someone will eventually make hateful/stupid comments if we start a conversation on that topic. I just don't want to start a political discussion here because those things tend to go down the toilet rather quickly.

About the wad itself, some of the sprites are pretty decent if OP made them on their own. The rest, I just don't really care for, I don't find it too amusing. Oh well, at least it isn't Moon Man. Although I will admit to trying that mod out of curiosity, and maybe even laughing after a basketball was thrown at me by an...erm, imp, mainly due to how unexpected it was.

Those pinkys are actually terrifying, the way they look (awesome sprite, btw) and just run at you screaming "FUUUCK YOUUUU", haha. Good stuff, I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Inner City Vagina. The 46,000 different errors that popped up while loading the pk3 was a nice touch.

3 hours ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

You are thinking waaaay too hard about this.

lmao this shit is weird and kinda funny. It's pretty obnoxious sound-wise and the levels are a little flat, but they're pretty well detailed despite the weapon sprites and some prop placement being a tad iffy. Finally, a joke WAD that's actually a gag and not just some half-assed map without a punchline. It's pretty stupid and cringey, but obviously not meant to be taken seriously, so I won't!

Incidentally, lighten the fuck up, Mushroom lol.

55 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

Incidentally, lighten the fuck up, Mushroom lol.

Haha, maybe. I just don't really get what's funny about it lol. I commend the effort here, but it has no effect on me. I will say, however, that this wad actually has an idea for a joke, unlike that other "joke" wad you reviewed earlier, which is an example of a true offender: a map that that is rubbish but the author thinks they can get away with it by calling it a joke wad. Those kinds of joke wads are the real problem. With this one I still don't get the point, but it's not the kind of low-effort shit that needs to go down the toilet. I at least appreciate the effort here, and I'll admit that it's better than most recent joke wads which are just garbage maps with an "excuse".

I'll also admit that maybe I've become a bit jaded and cynical when it comes to joke wads, since most recent ones I've played have been like that other wad you reviewed. I just don't like the fact that the subgenre has mostly been an excuse for poor mapping lately. "I made a bad map hahaha so funny lmao" maps aren't funny and they never will be (not saying this is one of those wads).

25 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

I'll also admit that maybe I've become a bit jaded and cynical when it comes to joke wads, since most recent ones I've played have been like that other wad you reviewed. I just don't like the fact that the subgenre has mostly been an excuse for poor mapping lately. "I made a bad map hahaha so funny lmao" maps aren't funny and they never will be (not saying this is one of those wads).

On that note, we agree. I too feel there have definitely been some examples of people who've posted half-arsed test maps in the past couple of months just as an excuse to post anything and claim it's a joke WAD, when really, the only joke is on anyone who bothers to play what they've uploaded. Thankfully, that's really not the case with this particular one. And sure, you can find it unfunny, but you've got to keep mind that-despite what some numpties will tell you-humour is subjective and that even if you don't find this particular WAD amusing, you can at least acknowledge how some might find it entertaining. There's an obvious sense of parody/satirical touch to this WAD and how it references the Karen meme. Naturally, you're welcome to judge how effectively it is at doing so, but to me there's definitely a lot more thought and effort going on in Karen Doom than all the other supposed "joke" WADs I've played here for the past few months, that's for sure.

10 hours ago, P41R47 said:

Gee I dunno about that chief, the fact you had to state it makes it seem more apparent that you are.

LOL epic witch annihilation game!! Pretty good comedy special with a riveting story, funny screams of anguish, and hyper-realistic graphics too. Also I like @P41R47's questionably flirtatious comments as I find them pretty humorous as well, heheh.

NOTE: That does not solicit unwanted flirtatious comments towards me!

41 minutes ago, rd. said:

There are three types of weirdness active in this thread and it's less than a page long.

and you didn't see me inspired 8P