• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rackevin

Freedoom speedruns?

18 hours ago, Shepardus said:

Freedoom Phase 2 (v0.12.1) Map01 NM100s in 0:27.37

fd01s27.zip

Nice speedrun, I did the same but took me longer because I got entretained and took another route. But nice done.

On 12/3/2020 at 8:47 PM, Shepardus said:

Freedoom Phase 1 (v0.12.1) E1M1 UV Max in 1:18.31 1:14.69

Wow that blows my run right out of the water. Nicely done!

Here is my E1M3 attempt, which I find particularly difficult to reach sub 5:00. Beat that ;)

41 minutes ago, beast said:

Here is my E1M3 attempt, which I find particularly difficult to reach sub 5:00. Beat that ;)

You asked for it ;)

Freedoom Phase 1 (v0.12.1) E1M3 UV Max in 4:45.51

f1d3m445.zip

and another demo I've been holding onto for a while:

Freedoom Phase 1 (v0.12.1) E1M2 UV Max in 3:15.37

f1d2m315.zip

2 hours ago, Shepardus said:

You asked for it ;)

Freedoom Phase 1 (v0.12.1) E1M3 UV Max in 4:45.51

Outstanding!

I'm currently battling against C1M2 on UV-Speed for the sub 2minute par time... It's possible (as much as I thought it might not be), but it relies on a *lot* of shotgun luck... Current PB 2:09.03. I had a run die on the yellow key with 1:49, and it's ~5s after picking up the key to the end if you get lucky, but you have to hope nothing hits you in the final room really.

It's 2 minutes of solid luck, but I think I should get it within the next 60-70 attempts which isn't *too* bad I guess.

@Shepardus I've just watched your E1M2 Max run, and that's absolutely nuts. Until the second secret in the blue key room I have to take pretty much the same route as you are. Have you got any input on how I could maybe make this faster besides luck?

10 hours ago, MxCraven said:

I've just watched your E1M2 Max run, and that's absolutely nuts. Until the second secret in the blue key room I have to take pretty much the same route as you are. Have you got any input on how I could maybe make this faster besides luck?

I haven't done UV Speed runs very much, but I spent some time on this today, and I gotta say it's a really annoying map to run for speed. :D Lots of places where pinkies will block you unless you get lucky, and shotgunners chipping away at your health everywhere else. I diverged from the UV Max route after grabbing the red key to take a safer and more consistent route to the starting area, but aside from that I don't have much advice for this other than "get lucky."

Anyway, here's a 1:16.17 UV Speed of E1M2:

f1d2-116.zip

Edited by Shepardus

On 12/19/2020 at 5:36 AM, Shepardus said:

I haven't done UV Speed runs very much, but I spent some time on this today, and I gotta say it's a really annoying map to run for speed. :D Lots of places where pinkies will block you unless you get lucky, and shotgunners chipping away at your health everywhere else. I diverged from the UV Max route after grabbing the red key to take a safer and more consistent route to the starting area, but aside from that I don't have much advice for this other than "get lucky."

Anyway, here's a 1:16.17 UV Speed of E1M2:

f1d2-116.zip

That run is just incredible to me after getting a PB of 2:06. For some reason I never thought about avoiding those pinkies and going back towards blue after getting red. I still haven't put the full run together, but that's definitely the way, although I'm only looking at 1:58ish. There's a lot of shotgunner luck to go down.

I gave E1M4 a go for UV-Max and ended up with a 5:14, which I think I can get to a 4:xx with a bit more grind (and I'm sure y'all can do in way less than that :P)

I'll put up some demos of stuff at some point.

Freedoom Phase 1 (v0.12.1) E1M5 UV Max in 6:48.06

f1d5m648.zip

Edit:

Freedoom Phase 1 (v0.12.1) E1M8 UV Max in 0:52.37

f1d8m52.zip

Edit 2:

Freedoom Phase 1 (v0.12.1) E1M6 UV Max in 6:53.77

f1d6m653.zip

Edit 3:

Wrapping up the UV Maxes for the first episode with

Freedoom Phase 1 (v0.12.1) E1M7 UV Max in 9:45.80

f1d7m945.zip

Edited by Shepardus : Added E1M7 demo

FreeDoom Phase 1: Episode 1 (0.12.1) UV-Speed in 38m23s

Full run, M1-M8. That was bloody hard. Have at it. I know you'll all have it beaten by tomorrow, but fuck it :P

FUCK YES! This was a whole lot of grinding, and learning, and holy hell do I feel this is a big achievement for me! I know every time I do a FreeDoom run that nobody else has done it very quickly gets smashed by someone, but damn it I've finished this run. Doom is hard, man. And FreeDoom is harder than iD Doom. Finally smashed it out though. Dunno how happy I am with the time, but for now it can stand, because I can't stand running through this just now...

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/857591665

Twitch link for if you want my rants about shorttics and getting shotgunned down :P

fd1e1-3823.zip

Edited by MxCraven : Uploaded with wrong text file in zip, add Twitch link

@Rackevin Hey, could you change the name of this post to something like "FreeDoom Speedruns (0.12.1) Post Here"?

This has kinda become the posting hub and it'd be good to at least have a title that brings people in, rather than it being akwardly a question.

FreeDoom Phase 1: Episode 1 33m04s (33m38s real time)

This came a lot quicker than I was expecting it to. Shame I didn't hit the sub 33, but I'm happy with the sub35. This run has a lot more time to be taken off of it, both with better strategies, and more luck running through everything (currently I play very safe). Hopefully I'll get some more improvements out :3

Currently in the process of getting a speedrun.com page set up for this so we've got some sort of leaderboard and easier access to see what's been done than this. It'll only be Phase 1 since I don't have a full game run of phase 2 (hoping they accept a single episode, but if not I'll have to ITYTD the rest of the episodes)

Anyway, here's the run! :D

fd1e1-3304.zip

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/862332015

Edited by MxCraven : Add Twitch highlight

https://www.speedrun.com/freedoom_phase_1

I have got FreeDoom (Phase 1 only) added as a game on Speedrun.com! I've got a full run of Ep1 EC-Speed up, and will hopefully have Ep1 Any% (ITYTD) up when I'm next at my other computer with that demo on it.

@Shepardus If you would like to add your ILs then I should have those categories sorted very soon (probably by the time you see this). If not I can add them for you (unless you don't want them at all).
This goes for anyone else who has ILs ( @beast )

Hopefully this can make things easier for tracking scores instead of a mess of forum posts, but of course keep posting them here (especially since demos are required for IGT and all ILs so you've got to host them somewhere!)

5 hours ago, MxCraven said:

If you would like to add your ILs then I should have those categories sorted very soon (probably by the time you see this). If not I can add them for you (unless you don't want them at all).

You have my permission to add my ILs for me if you're able to do so (I'm not familiar with how it works, never used speedrun.com myself).

BTW, in your episode 1 submission the real time and in-game times appear to be swapped.

10 hours ago, Shepardus said:

You have my permission to add my ILs for me if you're able to do so (I'm not familiar with how it works, never used speedrun.com myself).

BTW, in your episode 1 submission the real time and in-game times appear to be swapped.

Ah, yeah, I was uploading it late and kept having to reupload it every time I changed settings (because apparently if you change the name of a category it hides every run on the board, I can only hope there's a way around that for the categories that have to add glitch/glitchless later in life...)

All your runs are up here, and a clean sweep for you in EC-Max :P I'll probably slowly populate my own time board, but I doubt I'll get any times better than yours. Cheers for filling up the first episode! :D https://www.speedrun.com/freedoom_phase_1/individual_levels (I didn't add your EC-Speed of E1M2 since you didn't make a video, but if you want it up there I can)

On 6/23/2020 at 10:58 PM, Rackevin said:

seeing as how most people who play doom for free play on it

i highly doubt that 

i spend a bunch of time on zandronum and on zdaemon and some players that play there dont own doom but dont play using freedoom either they just pirate the thing

between how easy it is to find a copy of doom online and how widespread the shareware episode is i think its a minority of players that use  freedoom for that

shame it doesnt have much interest because it is a really cool game

This was kinda a spur the moment thing but I got 1:55 on Map32 of Freedoom: Phase 2:https://youtu.be/7kn3eJc87LI

Having a place for Freedoom speedruns would be awesome. There’s many people interested. 

Here is my contribution to this thread. I'd like to pay respect to this project.

In the actual version, Map 30 looks like a traditional Doom 2-like map where you encounter the final boss in 5 secs, while in versions from 0.5 (I guess??) up to 0.9, it was supposed to be a hard map where you run for keys to finally get to the final boss and destroy it.

Demo file is here: https://www.doomworld.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=148661

Edited by Dimon12321

Another run I wanted to share, I lost the demo file, but the YT video survived. Here it is, the title is self explanatory

(I had to paste the music since I viddumped the demo with portmidi, otherwise it's identical to my lost demo)

Here is a youtube dude that has recorded playthrough of all freedoom phase 1 levels... this is the first video (e1m1)

he also made videos of all freedoom phase 2 maps... here is map01:

Not sure of it is actual speedruns though

FreeDoom Phase 2 (v.0.12.1) Map 15 NoMonsters in 1:41.29

Zip: FD15O141.zip

Readme:

Spoiler

You may notice I have the old pistol sprite rather than the current one, I loaded a pwad that replaces the weapons with their older models. Other than that the demo shouldn't desync as I recorded it with the Iwad only

On 11/30/2020 at 9:15 AM, Lol 6 said:

I know, but for some reason I can't play freedoom as an IWAD in dosbox.

I heard some maps aren't even compatible with DOS's static vanilla limits, despite the wad being a stand-in for the original IWAD files. A bit sloppy I might say

Tbh I'd be so down to make a couple vanilla compatible maps for these IWADs. I could even help with a Final Doom stand-in for things like Plutonia 2 :^)

Perhaps I should make my own in the future?