Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BrassKnight

How do you raise a lift?

Question

To explain this:

Skull switch has action 131 (S1 Floor raise to the next higher floor (fast)) and its tagged to the blue platform which is a lift. My plan is to raise the lift to the platform to the left but the problem here is that it doesn't work when I press the switch. The lift stays in the same height. I'm using the Doom 2 format and I haven't made a map for a long time so I'm not sure if it even works.

Screenshot_Doom_20201222_130254.png?width=1191&height=670

Here's the WAD file if this helps.

3 answers to this question

The problem is that the action is trying to raise to the next highest floor however there is no next highest floor. The action checks adjoining sectors height. If you move the blue platform over to the left so it touches the other one the switch works.

17 minutes ago, xvertigox said:

The problem is that the action is trying to raise to the next highest floor however there is no next highest floor. The action checks adjoining sectors height. If you move the blue platform over to the left so it touches the other one the switch works.

Just did just that and it now works, thanks.

36 minutes ago, BrassKnight said:

Just did just that and it now works, thanks.

You COULD set a dummy sector outside and join them, then make another sector right next to the joined dummy sector that is the height you want it to be, making it a lift without being next to the platform.